Now That Adam Gase Is Staying, Who Should Our OC and DC be in 2021?

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'd say what I actually feel but I don't want your uncle and your cousin coming after me.

Such a nasty family.

SAR I

The guy that cried to a mod because someone called him by his real name wants to talk tough and sh*t.  That’s absolutely hysterical.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'd say what I actually feel but I don't want your uncle and your cousin coming after me.

Such a nasty family.

SAR I

Interesting you bring up my uncle SAD 1, could very well be the Jets next HC. And you would like my cousin, she's a fox. 

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

currently it's 6-9 soon to be 6-10.  and they were in the sb last season.  they may have been hit harder with injuries but the are also starting from a better position as far as the team is concerned.  are the jets 1/2 as good?  that's what it will mean if the jets beat the patsies and the 49ers lose.

Jimmy Garrapolo - 6 games played

Deebo Samuel - 6 games played

George Kittle- 7 games played

Solomon Thomas - 1 game played

Nick Bosa - 1 game played

Raheem Mostert - 8 games played

Richard Sherman - 5 games played

Dee Ford - 1 game played

Getting 6 wins, possibly 7, in that division with those injuries is a miracle. Add in the fact that they blew the doors off the Jets when they played I would say that even with those injuries they're a way better team than the Jets.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn't going anywhere.  The same social media clickbaiters Tweeting what is a very obvious opinion shouldn't sway you from the fact that the actions of the Jets themselves point to the fact that he's being retained. 

Did you watch yesterday's Gase press conference?  He doesn't look like someone who is remotely worried about his job.  He was smiling and joking, looking quite relaxed.  Did you hear anyone jump on to Craig Carton's pronouncement?  Any player, coach, back that up?  Nope.  

The Johnson's are very good at leaking information.  They invented the "anonymous lockerroom source".  Nothing is leaking because nothing is changing.  Nor should it.  The Jets deliberately provided a worse roster for Gase than the one he went 7-9 with last year.

SAR I

If I was getting paid 6 million to sit on a couch for a year, I would look relaxed as well

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a year.  "Speculation"?  I'm the one who is speculating?  LOL.  That's all this "Gase is getting fired!" nonsense has ever been, there is nothing but clickbait Tweets and none have been substantiated.  Ever.

SAR I

Really going down in flames here, huh?

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

There is enough proof of Gase staying to call it.

He didn't say a word as Douglas dismantled the team he went 9-7 with.

He didn't say a word as Douglas continued this with Adams, Bell, and McLendon being moved.

The Jets know that the rash of injuries and the Douglas fire sale killed any chance of Gase having a successful 2020.

He wasn't fired at 0-8.  

He wasn't fired when the fans were out for blood at 0-10.

He wasn't fired when Manish proclaimed he was about to be.

When the devastating loss vs. Las Vegas happened, Gregg Williams was fired instead.

When Tweets broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

When Carton broke saying Gase was being replaced, the Jets said nothing.

If the Jets wanted to tank for Trevor they would have shown Gase the door a month ago.

The actions of the Jets indicate Gase is staying. 

SAR I

Ok, wait. You were all in on the tank commander train until they won. You said that Gase told the team we are not measuring you by wins this year.  What happened to all that?

Here is why Gase will be fired. If he is retained the press will murder the Johnson's.  They are not taking the fall for this. Woody and CJ care about what the press writes.  

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Woody and CJ care about what the press writes.

And I think they have learned their lesson and are no longer listening to the genius fans and selfish press that had them make so many foolish decisions over the decades.  

Rebuilding requires patience. The revolving door needs to stop. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And I think they have learned their lesson and are no longer listening to the genius fans and selfish press that had them make so many foolish decisions over the decades.  

SAR I

Right, the Johnson's just became real football team owners

Lmao Lol GIF by Originals

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

B3D45245-4F00-4076-BA44-684B2BE44DBD.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SORE I

SORE I walks into a psychiatrists office wearing only cellophane underwear.  

The psychiatrist says “I can see you’re nuts”.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Jimmy Garrapolo - 6 games played

Deebo Samuel - 6 games played

George Kittle- 7 games played

Solomon Thomas - 1 game played

Nick Bosa - 1 game played

Raheem Mostert - 8 games played

Richard Sherman - 5 games played

Dee Ford - 1 game played

Getting 6 wins, possibly 7, in that division with those injuries is a miracle. Add in the fact that they blew the doors off the Jets when they played I would say that even with those injuries they're a way better team than the Jets.

so let me guess, you think the injuries to the players you mentioned are more significant to the ones the jets have had over this past season?  i think you are wrong.  darnold missed a few games outright and has been hampered by the shoulder injury he suffered in the denver game. mims and perriman have been out for extended periods of time.  crowder missed 2 or so games.  griffen took a long time to get back up to speed following his ankle surgery. the dline has been pretty much intact but mosely sat the season out and there was a revolving door at lb and db.  and lets not forget the revolving door on the oline.  how many different oline alignments have they played?  and then there's the issue at running back with bell maybe not being quite as good as he once was.  mostert is pretty much a journeyman and sherman is getting a little long in the tooth.

the bottom line is the jet injury load is way more than the 49ers.  i don't see any olinemen on the list so they should've been able to keep the running game going and the qb upright.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's been months of weak speculation about who the new HC will be and no talk on what happens when Gase is retained as HC and the team has to hire both a new OC and DC.

Any thoughts on the type of talent out there at the coordinator level for both jobs that would suit our personnel?

SAR I

I know that this got 18 thumb down votes, but I gave it POTW because it is brilliant. He has one last shot and no sign of retreat. Have to admire it in a weird way.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know that this got 18 thumb down votes, but I gave it POTW because it is brilliant. He has one last shot and no sign of retreat. Have to admire it in a weird way.

Thank you.

Can you do me a favor and remove the ":)" from the thread title?  I didn't put that there, and you’re going to have to do it tomorrow anyway.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not at all.  He's not going anywhere.  If you read the signs, they're all there to see.

When Gase is retained, who do you think some strong OC and DC candidates will be?

SAR I

Why would we need new candidates. Gase is such a fantastic coach his coordinator choices are flawless. 

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's been months of weak speculation about who the new HC will be and no talk on what happens when Gase is retained as HC and the team has to hire both a new OC and DC.

Any thoughts on the type of talent out there at the coordinator level for both jobs that would suit our personnel?

SAR I

Rex Ryan for OC 

Rob Ryan for DC

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

s-l640.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

While this may be true, and we all know it, there is a right coach to have that approach with and a wrong coach. Too bad AG is the wrong coach. Let JD bring in his person and then go from there.

SAR I still like to think this is a piece of performance art and epic troll job but that may be giving you too much credit Brotha.

I'm 50% this is a two year troll job, 40% you are Adam Gase, and 10% you actually believe what you are posting. 10% because that would be the craziest of those realities.

Either way Bravo.

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

One man defending the indefensible against the righteous horde , SAR I.