Best offensive fits for Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Darnold

Thank you OP for this, enjoyed your take on schemes and fit very much. Bates did seem to have Darnold pointing in the right direct, everything went south after that.

You may not have the interest or time but I would love to see your similar evaluation of Trey Lance, scheme and coach fit...

Cool analysis. If you’re right and the window for Fields is Mariota/Newton, that’s a homerun pick.

Also, I had Romo as Darnold’s upside comp out of school but that ship has sailed. It’s Dalton now IMHO and if he achieves that, it will be very impressive and nearly unprecedented.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Cool analysis. If you’re right and the window for Fields is Mariota/Newton, that’s a homerun pick.

Also, I had Romo as Darnold’s upside comp out of school but that ship has sailed. It’s Dalton now IMHO and if he achieves that, it will be very impressive and nearly unprecedented.

every time someone says Sams ceiling is peak Andy Dalton that should have a (TM Losmeister). please and thank you.

ron swanson GIF

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

since I am Germanic on my old man's side I'll be Gottfried, cool w/ you?

thats on name alone... i dont know about their relationship and will hafta look it up.

I live in Germany but have at it. Newton had better PR and got all the credit :) 

Thank you for confirming why I don’t really want any of these qbs.  I would be happy with Lawrence, but I’d be happier with the trade down possibilities.  I would be unhappy with Wilson or Fields.  Wilson has a scary injury history and I think Fields gets beat up, just like Cam.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Butterfield said:

Thank you for confirming why I don’t really want any of these qbs.  I would be happy with Lawrence, but I’d be happier with the trade down possibilities.  I would be unhappy with Wilson or Fields.  Wilson has a scary injury history and I think Fields gets beat up, just like Cam.  

So in your scenario, who starts next year?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Also, not sure about the Herbert comparison.  Not because it might not be accurate, but Herbert is still so new that we don’t even know what he is yet.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

So in your scenario, who starts next year?

I’m not sure.  Everything still depends on who is the coach.  I think Lawrence goes #1.  So, I take the trade down haul and build a team before ruining another young qb.  I would probably keep Darnold and Morgan and see what veterans may be available.  

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

in that case, i'll leave you to choose. Isaac is a cool name too.

my gp's were from the Alsace/Lorraine area...  where you at?

Alsace/Lorraine touchy subject :)

I’m in Munich where my mom’s side is from. One of my top 3 all time cities along with Istanbul and Buenos Aires. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You’d be unhappy with Wilson or Fields, but are you happy with Darnold? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

I’m not sure.  Everything still depends on who is the coach.  I think Lawrence goes #1.  So, I take the trade down haul and build a team before ruining another young qb.  I would probably keep Darnold and Morgan and see what veterans may be available.  

I was thinking today if there is any precedent for a GM to do this kind of move. It is kind of like the movie “Draft Day” when Costner sticks with a journeyman instead of drafting a QB at #1... that’s all I got lol 

7 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You wouldnt want any of these QBs?

Why would Fields get beat up more than Lawrence? 

50 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Thank you OP for this, enjoyed your take on schemes and fit very much. Bates did seem to have Darnold pointing in the right direct, everything went south after that.

You may not have the interest or time but I would love to see your similar evaluation of Trey Lance, scheme and coach fit...

I wanted to do Lance but I've only seen him play once. When more becomes available I plan on taking a closer look.

What I can tell you is that Carolina is interested in him.

8 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Am i the only one that not see Cam Newton as a comp for Justin Fields?

MVP Cam is not a slight against Fields by any means. 

People want to compare him to Deshaun, but they're not alike. Dak maybe based on body type and stylistically, but Fields is more athletic with better arm talent/less cerebral at this point. Maybe Steve McNair/Donovan McNabb will make people happy? Not sure. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Also, not sure about the Herbert comparison.  Not because it might not be accurate, but Herbert is still so new that we don’t even know what he is yet.  

Agreed I hate doing it but it's very hard to find a QB he's similar to. He's a mix of Deshaun and Josh Allen IMO. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Agreed I hate doing it but it's very hard to find a QB he's similar to. He's a mix of Deshaun and Josh Allen IMO. 

Don’t think Lawrence will grade that well as a runner in Combine. His running ability is overrated IMHO and benefits from defenses being forced to respect the pass. 

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wanted to do Lance but I've only seen him play once. When more becomes available I plan on taking a closer look.

What I can tell you is that Carolina is interested in him.

Interesting note on Carolina, thanks.

I enjoyed your earlier posts, belated welcome to the board.

• Sympathy 1