Open up the checkbook CJ

AFJF

All I know is that the Iowa State offense is BORING.  I’m not so sure his system would translate well.  I don’t hate the guy but I don’t see the next big thing with him.  Iowa State is always an 8 win team but hasn’t ever made a big ten championship game let alone a CFP.  I get he “built” the program but is it really that great?

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Not happening, and why should it? He seems to be building something good there. He should stay in college, build the program, get those kids he recruited playing at a high level. Why trade that in for this sh*t show.

He already gave us the finger once. But heck I guess CJ figures he’s got two hands call him up and give him a chance to use the other one.

• Haha 1

Nope. It’s woody 

the guy who screwed up the ambassador’s position between the USA and  the UK ffs

All he had to do was host cocktail parties and the brits couldn’t wait to get rid of him because he allowed a diplomats wife to flee the country and avoid DUI manslaughter charges and was formally rebuked for using slurs against the staff 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You screwed up.  You hired the worst guy for the job.  You let him waste two years of our fandom.  Get it right.

Let Joe D pick the next head coach and pay him whatever it costs.

If it's Matt Campbell, pay him double.

I would be surprised if he interviewed here, shocked if he took the job.

Interviewing here might happen because it drives up his price elsewhere.

40 minutes ago, heymangold said:

All I know is that the Iowa State offense is BORING.  I’m not so sure his system would translate well.  I don’t hate the guy but I don’t see the next big thing with him.  Iowa State is always an 8 win team but hasn’t ever made a big ten championship game let alone a CFP.  I get he “built” the program but is it really that great?

They showed a stat earlier in the year about how much better his teams perform than what they recruiting classes are ranked.

55 minutes ago, heymangold said:

They won 10 games this year and as long as they keep playing in the Big 12 they’ll never play in a Big 10 championship game.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What gives you guys the impression that he’s contemplating leaving?

Are there any reports out there saying so?

The way I see it, he seems committed to finishing what he’s started. He might just hang around.

Plus, the Jets never do anything right so who’s kidding who? ?

Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Not happening, and why should it? He seems to be building something good there. He should stay in college, build the program, get those kids he recruited playing at a high level. Why trade that in for this sh*t show.

Something about being a legend if you succeed in NY or whatever CJ said. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Nope. It’s woody 

the guy who screwed up the ambassador’s position between the USA and  the UK ffs

All he had to do was host cocktail parties and the brits couldn’t wait to get rid of him because he allowed a diplomats wife to flee the country and avoid DUI manslaughter charges and was formally rebuked for using slurs against the staff 

UK ambassador is a choice gig. It's a reward for the wh to hand out. The crown jewel so to speak. Even in 8 year situation they swap out UK guy at the end of each term. Woody was always coming home around now 

• Upvote 2

Adam Gase saved the franchise. Rid us of Macc, brought in JD to be the architect and then built a culture of high effort players that go to bat for him. In the end his football tactics failed him but he was the leader that was necessary for change to occur.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Adam Gase saved the franchise. Rid us of Macc, brought in JD to be the architect and then built a culture of high effort players that go to bat for him. In the end his football tactics failed him but he was the leader that was necessary for change to occur.

much as gase needs to be replaced there are an awful lot of lemons to be made into lemonade.  this team is firmly on the path to relevance.

15 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

What gives you guys the impression that he’s contemplating leaving?

Are there any reports out there saying so?

The way I see it, he seems committed to finishing what he’s started. He might just hang around.

Plus, the Jets never do anything right so who’s kidding who? ?

The only schools he would leave Iowa State for are Notre Dame & Ohio State. Don't see those opening anytime soon. NFL could be in the mix here.

Let's look at an example of a Front Office/Coaching Staff/QB that did work-the 2017-2018 Super Bowl Champion Eagles.  

Roseman/Douglas, and others, the GM/Personnel Role.

Pedersen/Reich/Schwartz as HC/Coordinators.  Can't get better than that.  They must have been highly paid.  

That same year the Jets had Bowles/Bates/Kacey.  

Wentz was having an MVP year before getting hurt, and then a solid backup in Foles won them the Super Bowl.  

Chris has stepped up the Jets investment in Front Office and tried with Gase and Williams.  Loggains and no QB coach was not cutting it.  

Look at the Ravens staff that allows John Harbaugh to be a CEO.  

The Jets need to continue to build a much stronger coaching staff.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Uhhhh 35 million reasons