Jets BIG WINNERS from last night's games

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Fields looked Awesome and proved some real toughness. I'm starting to like him better than Lawrence and yes I am basing that on how he played in a big game, same way I did for Lawrence last year. When looking at these type of QB's you really only have a small sample size, since you know they are going to torch the lesser opponents. The only way IMHO you judge these QB's is in a big game and how they perform under pressure. In the NFL there is pressure in every game whether you are playing a crappy opponent or a great one. You are operating in a 2-3 second window so you have to be able to extend plays and throw the ball with people in your face. Fields with his athleticism can Extend Plays, Step up in the pocket, and run when needed and he also has a rocket for an arm. When QB's play a top notch defense all you can hope for in some instances is that they limit mistakes and keep you in the game that's the guy who will come out on top knowing the 4th quarter belongs to him and is the best time to pounce on an elite defense. At this stage I would be very happy if the Jets picked Justin Fields and I think I prefer it

Lawrence got bailed out last year by Etienne taking 2 dump offs and turning them into long TDs 53 and 34

TLaw only thre for 260..  he did have that crazy long run TD

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

which is why its so goddam criminal Watson hasnt been a Jet for the last 4 years

I still can't believe Macc passed on Watson! All the intangibles & a proven leader, proven person, just a great all around hard working teammate! I remember sitting there & thinking, we just took a safety over Deshaun Watson? What the hell am I missing here? 

And I was right! Forget everything else Macc had done. That one mistake was his undoing! It all went downhill from there chasing QB & trading away capital to do it. That guy could have had Deshaun Watson & Dalvin Cook as his 1st 2 picks in that draft! Would probably have cemented his career for another 5 years.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not gonna lie, there is a part of me that really hopes Lawrence goes #1. 

I'm feeling the same way. Living in SC around a million Clemson fans, I've watched every Clemson game since I've been down here. Obviously you see his talent, but 80% of that offense is dumpoffs to Etienne & Rogers who turn them into big plays. 

Nothing I've see from watching both of these QBs tells me Trevor will be a BETTER NFL QB than Justin Fields. They both could be top flight QBs under the right coaching staffs. 

• Upvote 2

What I don't understand is how so many were down on Fields and then one good game all of a sudden he's better than TL.  How does that happen?

GM's aren't going to evaluate him on one performance where he had 5 to 6 plus seconds to throw and wide open receivers and decide that's why they're going to draft him.  No one game will make any decision by a good GM.

They're going to look at their skill-set and try and determine who will be the best pro.  Not who can do best with a 5 second pocket and wide open receivers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What I don't understand is how so many were down on Fields and then one good game all of a sudden he's better than TL.  How does that happen?

GM's aren't going to evaluate him on one performance where he had 5 to 6 plus seconds to throw and wide open receivers and decide that's why they're going to draft him.  No one game will make any decision by a good GM.

They're going to look at their skill-set and try and determine who will be the best pro.  Not who can do best with a 5 second pocket and wide open receivers.

He had a bad game with 22 players out, OSU also started their season late, played very few games to get continuity. Perspective. 

I only care about what players rise in big games. Fields put on a show Friday night! They weren't playing the Citadel. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s just internet message board fans. Go to a Chiefs forum and read one of their game threads when they’re down in the second quarter. They have meltdowns, everyone sucks. Similarly when a team is rolling, everyone is amazing. 

Most fans operate on emotion, not long term evidence and logic. I’m guilty of this too as I fell out of love with Fields during the Northwestern game and now am head over heels again after Clemson. Granted I don’t watch much college football so my viewing sample is much smaller than that of scouts.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He had a bad game with 22 players out, OSU also started their season late, played very few games to get continuity. Perspective. 

I only care about what players rise in big games. Fields put on a show Friday night! They weren't playing the Citadel. 

I guess that's where we'll differ,  Wins and Losses are much less important than actual NFL Skill-set.

How would someone perform in the NFL - what tools does that player have to make him a good pro.  I watch Fields play and I don't see someone that could, would be a top 10 NFL QB.

And I don't care who he was playing.  He had 5 seconds in the pocket and wide open receivers all day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Box score GM, I was guilty of looking at the stats and falling for Trevor. The turning point for me was his "bad game" against Indiana that someone posted here. Watched every snap and came away thinking that wasn't bad at all. Watching him step up big time against Clemson was a huge step. If he puts up like 325 all purpose yards and like 3 TDs against Alabama then he's my lock for #2.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

which is why its so goddam criminal Watson hasnt been a Jet for the last 4 years

That was the draft that set the franchise back many years.  You take a QB that is a winner when you don’t have one at the time.  Mac was such an idiot. How the hell he was a GM is beyond comprehension 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

That was the draft that set the franchise back many years.  You take a QB that is a winner when you don’t have one at the time.  Mac was such an idiot. How the hell he was a GM is beyond comprehension 

Not to mention Cook in round 2, Quentin Nelson in 2018, and DK in the 2nd for 2019. Team would look drastically different and those picks aren't completely outrageous either.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I guess that's where we'll differ,  Wins and Losses are much less important than actual NFL Skill-set.

How would someone perform in the NFL - what tools does that player have to make him a good pro.  I watch Fields play and I don't see someone that could, would be a top 10 NFL QB.

And I don't care who he was playing.  He had 5 seconds in the pocket and wide open receivers all day. 

What? You don’t see NFL skills in Justin Fields? Yea, OK. We’ll see where he’s drafted if JD trades back, because the only team trading up is for Justin Fields or the Bengals for Sewell. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Darnold 2017 Rose Bowl 453 yds / 5 TDs

Vince Young 2006 Rose Bowl 200 yds rushing / 3 TDs

Just sayin'...

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

What? You don’t see NFL skills in Justin Fields? Yea, OK. We’ll see where he’s drafted if JD trades back, because the only team trading up is for Justin Fields or the Bengals for Sewell. 

I'm not sure what's your referencing in your third sentence there.

But I don't care where he's drafted, when he turns into a top 10 NFL QB then you can come talk to me.  

If he can't be that I don't want him....

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not sure what's your referencing in your third sentence there.

But I don't care where he's drafted, when he turns into a top 10 NFL QB then you can come talk to me.  

If he can't be that I don't want him....

You have got to be the most negative poster on this site. 
I need to go back & look at some of YOUR predictions regarding players. 
Why is everyone so cocksure of their predictions that at this point are as useless as t!ts on a bull? 

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Darnold 2017 Rose Bowl 453 yds / 5 TDs

Vince Young 2006 Rose Bowl 200 yds rushing / 3 TDs

Just sayin'...

Yea, great teams that USC bunch & Penn State, lol. What NFL team is Trace McSorley playing for again? 

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You have got to be the most negative poster on this site. 
I need to go back & look at some of YOUR predictions regarding players. 
Why is everyone so cocksure of their predictions that at this point are as useless as t!ts on a bull? 

Please go look.   I'm not negative, just a realist - and this team continues to do stupid things.

I was high on Sam though.

When the team does something right I will for sure he positive about it, but we simply haven't done a whole lot of anything well the past 10 years or so.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Please go look.   I'm not negative, just a realist - and this team continues to do stupid things.

I was high on Sam though.

When the team does something right I will for sure he positive about it, but we simply haven't done a whole lot of anything well the past 10 years or so.

Joe Douglas was a start. Nothing & no one is perfect. 

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

For those who don't want to watch:

- Zach Wilson Declares - more QBs more options in the event we were to trade down

- Najee Harris looked good, that jump over #4 was wild

- DeVonta Smith is a BADDDDDD man, kids got wheels

- Justin Fields slinging the ball on Clemson was huge. If he can do something similar against Alabama he is going to have a legit shot of going #1. Our desirability as a landing spot looks far more attractive today than just a day ago. Free Agents will likely be comfortable for either QB and may actually have some excitement to come here. Fields seems like he has a chip on his shoulder and can handle adversity, I'd fully endorse taking him at #2.

Great show. Agree 100%

Like you at this point I don't have a clue what the Jets are going to do wth #2. What I do hope is that they don't trade down past 4.  I want a QB here. I Like Darnold as a person, but I'm done wth him as the starting QB of the Jets.  Good job

• Upvote 1