Kinda hoping Justin Fields craps the bed against Alabama...

slats

I'm still sticking with Fields, no matter what. The guy just has "it".

Lawrence might be the most over-hyped prospect ever. It's rivalling the "Man-Mountain Tony Mandarich" hype from back in the day.

Lawrence is a very good prospect, but he's far from being a Peyton Manning or an Elway.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Lawrence might be the most over-hyped prospect ever. It's rivalling the "Man-Mountain Tony Mandarich" hype from back in the day.

Lawrence is a very good prospect, but he's far from being a Peyton Manning or an Elway.

This is about where I've been for a little while, at least as far as the Lawrence hype goes. I'm looking forward to the complete evisceration of all the QBs between now and the end of April.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

For the record, Elway was overrated, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Again I hope he has a great game which would push his value up and the value of our number 2 pick. I don't want us to draft a Qb unless it is Lawrence who will prob still go to the Jags. Esp if Urban Meyer is coaching them. We take all of those picks in a trade down and rebuild a team that needs rebuilding. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

.. just to see how hard and fast the pendulum swings back. 

This forum went from absolutely distraught over losing generational talent Trevor Lawrence due to tanking incompetence to "what if we get stuck with Trevor Lawrence at #2," in just a couple weeks. 

Which was pretty impressive, even for this crowd. 

I get the social experiment side of testing the fickle nature our irascible bunch, but Fields showing up and playing lights out only helps our positioning at number two. I'd like to take either of the top two QBs but if we are going to trade out I'd like the #2 to be as valuable as possible. The better Fields plays the more valuable our pick is.

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I agree. He showed the guts and leadership you want out of a QB - and the stakes could not have been higher for him. The kid definitely has 'it.'  Players like Fields can elevate a whole franchise. You can't teach heart and leadership.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, slats said:

This forum went from absolutely distraught over losing generational talent Trevor Lawrence due to tanking incompetence to "what if we get stuck with Trevor Lawrence at #2," in just a couple weeks. 

I’m hoping he can’t play because of his ribs and that game is the last impression he makes before the draft. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

Justin Fields performance reminded me of Keyshawn in the Rose Bowl, or Sam in the Rose Bowl for that matter.

The perception created around one game is amazing

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If this forum was a physical living entity, it would be a 7 year old in a toy store in the mid 80s. 

More like the 90s when the parents can no longer smack their little snowflake to get him to shut up.

Even though, God bless him, I know Max tries...

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd love him to have a great game so the Jaguars take him.

28 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Specifically, for me, the GI Joe or Transformers aisle of a toy store.

Exactly right. Gold star. 

Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, M.A.S.K, Voltron, Go-Bots, Bravestar, Ghostbusters, Starcom, Star Wars, Wheeled Warriors, Robocop, Supernaturals, Centurions. 

Embarrassment of riches in the 80s. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I’m hoping he can’t play because of his ribs and that game is the last impression he makes before the draft. 

IMO Ryan Day made it clear Fields is going to play unless his leg falls off.  lol

Kind of got annoyed with Day during the game that he kept the kid in when he was clearly in so much pain.  As it turned out seems like the more pain Fields was in, the better he played.  

If, as it appears, there are two really, really good QBs in the draft where we draft in the top two slots, I'm happy.  Do I want Fields to make it hard on JAX, sure.  I'd be happy with either guy at this point with what we know now.  In a usual year, we'd be drafting 3rd in a 2-QB draft, or there would only be Trevor and garbage behind him.  So really, I'm rooting for:

1) Fields to have a great game and not get hurt

2) Darnold to have a great game and not get hurt

3) See #1 and #2

Edit:  4) Gase to be let go at 4:01pm today.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, hungry jackson said:

nfw

They weren't beating Clemson either and Clemson has a better Defense.  Bama has a better offense than Clemson though and Saban with 11 days to prepare is a tough task. It will be a high scoring game but I think Bama has too much firepower on O. Bama in a close one 41-37.

18 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Exactly right. Gold star. 

Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, M.A.S.K, Voltron, Go-Bots, Bravestar, Ghostbusters, Starcom, Star Wars, Wheeled Warriors, Robocop, Supernaturals, Centurions. 

Embarrassment of riches in the 80s. 

We’re all trying to find that Cobra Viper/ Crimson Guardsman/ Snow Serpent/ Eel in the rows of Crystal Ball/ Croc Master figures.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I understand your point but it works greatly in the Jets favor for him to play well, if for nothing else, to inflate the value of the 2nd pick.

1 hour ago, slats said:

• Haha 2