Schefter- "Jets Joe Douglas expected to execute big trade"

Matt39

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Strange seeing Schefter make what seems like a speculative tweet like that. Douglas must be advertising both trade options to see what his max value is going to be.

Douglas is putting a ‘for sale’ sign on darnold and the 2 pick.  Fields just helped his cause in a major way.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wow, what a hot take.  GM with a whole bunch of draft equity and a talentless roster is "expected" to make a big trade this offseason.

Thank God for Twitter.

SORE I

SORE I walks into a psychiatrists office wearing only cellophane underwear.

The psychiatrist says “I can see you’re nuts”.
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

Honestly, I don't think the timing is right? JD will want to respect his new HC by allowing him the decision of whether to hold on to Sammy or cut bait? Once that decision had been made, then that big trade will be made. However, whether Sammy is around or not I still think JD is looking to possibly trade down and grab more picks.

My feeling is if JD simply relies on seven picks every year for the duration of his contract he'll never fix this team? There's simply too many problems in too many areas. I think JD needs to add draft capital and end up with more than seven players for a few years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Honestly, I don't think the timing is right? JD will want to respect his new HC by allowing him the decision of whether to hold on to Sammy or cut bait? Once that decision had been made, then that big trade will be made. However, whether Sammy is around or not I still think JD is looking to possibly trade down and grab more picks.

My feeling is if JD simply relies on seven picks every year for the duration of his contract he'll never fix this team? There's simply too many problems in too many areas. I think JD needs to add draft capital and end up with more than seven players for a few years. 

.... trade the pick and darnold ... draft Wilson ... this is the way.

• Upvote 2

nfldraftscout ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the New York Jets would make a BIG trade this off-season…but is it trading Sam Darnold or trading the No. 2 overall pick? Based on my conversations with the #Jets and with other teams, there will be a market for Darnold that could become competitive in a hurry if veterans like Ben Roethlisberger or Philip Rivers opt to retire. Darnold has “many fans” around the league according to one front office member I spoke with and expected “at least 10 teams” to be interested in his services if he were to be moved. The asking price? It probably starts with the Jets asking for a second-rounder and change given Darnold’s play and the remaining time on his contract.

Its just Matt Miller. But hey, more rumors to talk about. 
Douglas bout to get a 1 for Sammy. I feel it. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I heard players or draft picks may be moved. Some possibly going to the Jets, others going to another team.

I know you can't reveal your sources, but respond with the letter "A" if you think its going to be a team in the AFC or "N" if you think its going to be a team in the NFC.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2