Schefter- "Jets Joe Douglas expected to execute big trade"

Matt39

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I sht on Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes LOL?  I guess if you're going to make stuff up may as well go big.  Say something like I think Montana is the most overrated QB of all time, I once called Walter Payton no better than Joe Morris, and that despite the career I thought drafting Toon over Rice was the right call.

You once said that Chad Pennington and then later when on to say that even Sanchez would be as successful as Tom Brady if he played for the Patriots under Bill Belicheck.  

It was a while ago, not sure I can find the posts but we remember.  @CTM @TeddEY @Bleedin Green

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You once said that Chad Pennington and then later when on to say that even Sanchez would be as successful as Tom Brady if he played for the Patriots under Bill Belicheck.  

It was a while ago, not sure I can find the posts but we remember.  @CTM @TeddEY @Bleedin Green

There you go..  if you're going to make it up go BIG.

Suuurrre I said that...  all the time. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

A number of things here..

1) Sam is 23

2) It's less than $10mm next year

3) Sam was considered a top flight prospect - He has all the skills to be a legitimate FQB

4) Gase and Tannehill

5) Most importantly - Teams like the Steelers that want to take a QB and considering taking one in the late first or second will ask themselves one questions....What's more likely?  fixing Sam or developing the far less talented guy into into a FQB.

I think JD can at least get a first from the Steelers for Sam. And the Steeler fan base is behind such a move.

• Sympathy 1

Similar to the Jamal Adams situation the Jets have a huge asset and it requires a money bags buyer

JD will make the move if ONLY he gets bowled over by some super deal 

look at trades from the past it takes like a second rd pick to go from 3 overall to 2 overall 

to get from like the teens/twenties takes multiple 1s. 

I'm generally against trade downs due to Orlando Pace and every other time it failed in league history but if he can get a serious haul, the team has tons of holes. 

Everyone says 'just trade down' it's not that easy. it takes 2 to tangle, the trade market has to come alive and that's why this post makes no sense to fans. 

it wasn't news for us. It was for the other GMs that he wants to deal. these are hard deals to make 

1 hour ago, CT Jets said:

Hopefully this puts to bed the nonsensical notion that they’d draft another left tackle with the damn number 2 pick

It was never non sensical based on 90% of fans on this website that watch college football telling us all that it was TL or trade back! 
Then we all watched Justin Fields ball out & were like, WAIT, I thought everyone here said he sucks, and was sh*tty against Indiana & Northwestern & in no way should we take him @ #2. THATS WHY some us said just take Sewell & build a great Oline! 

With the news that Carson Wentz is going to be a healthy scratch today and that he is going to ask to be traded my sense is the Eagles have a trade in place for him. 

This news aligns with news that JD is going to be making a big trade. I don't think it's a coincidence. Darnold gets traded,  Jets trade for Wentz and its 50/50 they trade the 2nd pick. That's just my guess based on all of the news today. 

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

With the news that Carson Wentz is going to a healthy scratch today and that he is going to ask to be traded my sense of the Eagles have a dream in place for him. 

This news aligns with news that JD is going to be making a big trade. I don't think it's a coincidence. Darnold gets trade,  Jets trade for Wentz and its 50/50 they trade the 2nd pick. That's just my guess based on all of the news today. 

Jets are not trading for wentz who has multiple major injuries and huge contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

With the news that Carson Wentz is going to a healthy scratch today and that he is going to ask to be traded my sense of the Eagles have a dream in place for him. 

This news aligns with news that JD is going to be making a big trade. I don't think it's a coincidence. Darnold gets trade,  Jets trade for Wentz and its 50/50 they trade the 2nd pick. That's just my guess based on all of the news today. 

I would ******* vomit. Jesus Christ, no.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are you dense?  I just said that this isnt about Sam because trading the worst QB in the NFL wouldnt be considered "big".

And it's no surprise that you're throwing your support to the worst QB in the NFL, this is what you do.  Nobody loves sh*tty QB's more than you and hates great ones more than you do.  Loved Chad, Sanchez, Geno and now Sam, you sh*t on guys like Watson, Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes.  lmfao. I mean, you're basically the joke of all jokes when it comes to QB's (or any NFL takes for that matter).

On the contrary I’d think it’s more likely about Darnold, because no matter how big a bust he is, he’s still got huge name recognition.

On the other hand, a team trading the #2 overall pick isn’t all that unusual or surprising.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly - offended you’d consider me some kind of @Pac historian.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam's not coming back.  They knew that last spring.

Fields, Wilson, FA, Trade or Trade Down are still up in the air for sure.

Tell us you have a theory, dont tell us that the Jets knew after 2 seasons, JD after one season with Sam

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

IMO Wentz goes to Indy and reunites with his former QB Coach. Wentz is the expensive, injury-prone, bad attitude version of Sam

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

A number of things here..

1) Sam is 23

2) It's less than $10mm next year

3) Sam was considered a top flight prospect - He has all the skills to be a legitimate FQB

4) Gase and Tannehill

5) Most importantly - Teams like the Steelers that want to take a QB and considering taking one in the late first or second will ask themselves one questions....What's more likely?  fixing Sam or developing the far less talented guy into into a FQB.

You just outlined the reasons why I think he's worth keeping for another year. I'm aware I'm in the minority on that one.

I'd rather put the 2nd pick up for auction and possibly ask for an established offensive player as part of a package in return. 

What Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen is incredible. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

On the contrary I’d think it’s more likely about Darnold, because no matter how big a bust he is, he’s still got huge name recognition.

On the other hand, a team trading the #2 overall pick isn’t all that unusual or surprising.

I would agree it's most definitely about Darnold.  It's counterbalancing the Jeremiah noise that suggested keeping Darnold.  It appears to me JD wants to make it seem like either avenue is equally likely to draw the biggest offers for each scenario. If people think tbe Jets are deadset on taking a QB at 2, that limits what they can get back for Darnold even more.

• Upvote 1

I think there is more to this tweet then initially meets the eye... Schefter wouldn't just randomly tweet this. It means that he has heard some rumors and JD is actively either shopping or enquiring about big names... Sorry, if you think its SAM... I think its bigger... Like Zeke or Julio.

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

I disagree.  Six drafts and 6 FA off-seasons are more than plenty.  If he fails, it's because he picked the wrong coaches and players, not because he didn't have enough opportunities.  This is a quality problem more than a quantity problem.

I meant to clarify that in my original post but I don't believe you can rely on FA too heavily and I think JD feels the same. It's fiscal foolishness to buy the best talent. It's also proven since the inception of the salary cap that you can't buy a SB or have sustained success that way. When you spend foolishly you're giving yourself a short term window. Eventually, you inevitably end up in cap hell.

Having come from the Baltimore RAVENS, a model franchise for long term success, JD knows that it's all about drafting. He also knows FA is intended for a FEW very specific needs. 

So I disagree with you. The long term success of this team depends on JD and his ability to draft well. Furthermore, I think he'll be active in FA this offseason possibly for one starter, but mostly for second and third tier FA depth additions. I think he'll roll extra cap space into future years, but he will not spend crazy in FA.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Watch his smoothness in the pocket, release, accuracy and velocity during the bowl game.

Against a glorified HS team.  In the one or maybe two games that were televised?  

We see what we want to see.  Its kind of easy to be smooth when youre playing UCF.  Little different than playing a Clemson.  

This is like when everyone thought TENN would trade out the 2nd pick and not take Marcus Mariota.

I think its a 99% chance now we go QB at 2.

Also think this is to amp Darnold's trade value, think about it if he gets a ''big haul'' for Darnold that would be big news. Despite him being the worst starting QB in the league, he is still very popular around the league and many fan bases are hoping/wondering if their team will trade for him. Some fanbases don't want to touch him.

So this is 100% about Darnold being traded imo