Schefter- "Jets Joe Douglas expected to execute big trade"

Matt39

11 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I'll leave the he stinks out of my explanation.

You don't trade a 2nd for Sam because of his contract situation.  

As a GM, you will look like an ass if you trade a two for Sam and walks next year.  

is it better than Hackenberg or Geno? A second rounder that never really belongs on the field?

3 hours ago, Pac said:

50/50 Sam stays after that performance.  If you can get the 49ers 2nd rounder might have to take it.

Its a pick em'.

Will suck to see him go resurrect his career with a real coach ala Tannehill.

I keep seeing this. Tannehill was a much better QB under Gase than Darnold has been. 

Under Gase

Tannehill

24 games. 36 Tds 21 int, 5000 yards and a 66% comp. 13-11 record

Darnold

24 Games. 28 TD's,  24 int, 5200 yds, 61% comp, 9-15 record

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Whoever gets Darnold is getting a lesser player than Tennessee got with Tannehill. Let's also not forget Tannehill had 87 tds in his first 4 seasons with 2-4000 yd passing seasons before Gase got there. Injuries are what really hurt Tannehill under Gase.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I know a lot of Steelers fans because I live near PA.  This is not true.  100% of the Steeler fans I know, think Sam sucks.

That is interesting because I live in PA and it is 100% true for every steeler fan I know, which is about 70% of the football fans where I live.

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I keep seeing this. Tannehill was a much better QB under Gase than Darnold has been. 

Under Gase

Tannehill

24 games. 36 Tds 21 int, 5000 yards and a 66% comp. 13-11 record

Darnold

24 Games. 28 TD's,  24 int, 5200 yds, 61% comp, 9-15 record

This is not an apples to apples comparison. Whoever gets Darnold is getting a lesser player than Tennessee got with Tannehill. Let's also not forget Tannehill had 87 tds in his first 4 seasons with 2-4000 yd passing seasons before Gase got there. Injuries are what really hurt Tannehill under Gase.

That’s actually complementary to Darnold considering he played he games behind the worst supporting cast in the NFL, had mono, and a covid injury plagued season. 

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

That’s actually complementary to Darnold considering he played he games behind the worst supporting cast in the NFL, had mono, and a covid injury plagued season. 

Tannehill blew his knee out in 2016, missed the last 3 games that year and missed all of 2017 and 5 games in 2018. So is it really complimentary to Darnold???

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Tannehill blew his knee out in 2016, missed the last 3 games that year and missed all of 2017 and 5 games in 2018. So is it really complimentary to Darnold???

So it’s not a 24 game sample size? Im just reacting to the data presented 

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

So it’s not a 24 game sample size? Im just reacting to the data presented 

It is.  There are 16 games per season.  Tannehill was with Gase for 3 years but only played 24 games and was out 24 games due to injury. 

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

is it better than Hackenberg or Geno? A second rounder that never really belongs on the field?

Geno was not a terrible pick, actually. Despite me calling him a bust on draft night the guy was in the overall #1 conversation the year before his last season in school. It was a decent enough risk/reward spot for him. Hack was such an abomination that I bet Macc’s standard introduction at league meetings was “what’s so funny, guys?” when approaching a group of other GMs. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I don’t get the injury point then

You were using Mono and Covid as an excuse for Darnold. Tannehill faced much more adversity and played better. And the talent around Tannehill wasn't much better than the Jets the past 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Geno was not a terrible pick, actually. Despite me calling him a bust on draft night the guy was in the overall #1 conversation the year before his last season in school. It was a decent enough risk/reward spot for him. Hack was such an abomination that I bet Macc’s standard introduction at league meetings was “what’s so funny, guys?” when approaching a group of other GMs. 

Sam's risk reward would be reasonable too for a second round pick.

• Haha 2

Just now, choon328 said:

You were using Mono and Covid as an excuse for Darnold. Tannehill faced much more adversity and played better. And the talent around Tannehill wasn't much better than the Jets the past 2 years. 

Don’t see how that is more adversity for tannehill, he was healthy when he played. Mono can have lingering effects for months. And the talent around tsnnehil was eons better, not even in the same stratosphere. 

Just now, QB1 said:

Don’t see how that is more adversity for tannehill, he was healthy when he played. Mono can have lingering effects for months. And the talent around tsnnehil was eons better, not even in the same stratosphere. 

I just realized you don't know anything about football. My bad for engaging. Have a good night.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've always said we'll be lucky to get a 5th for him and absolutely blessed to receive a 4th for him in return. 

A 2nd is a pipe dream. 

Which makes keeping him an easy decision.

• Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

We may be picking Geno 2.0 with the second pick in the draft. Go with Wilson who has Rodgers upside over the latest trash from Ohio State.

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

They did only reasonable  thing to explain the garbage roster JD put in the field.  
The only other explanation is far scarier. 

No, your story.

Has nothing to Darnold, JD wasnt looking to dump him after having him for one season and knowing what talent he had to work with.

Nothings scary

11 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

How about drafting a good QB and still build around him? We have a decent amount of early round picks to draft a franchise QB and still build around him. 

We already have one better than Fields or Wilson.

28 minutes ago, dcJet said:

If we don't a decent offer in a trade for Darnold, we should keep him next year.

If you draft a QB at #2 you can not keep the old starting QB on the roster unless he's the presumed starter going into the season, which Darnold wouldn't be. There is no benefit to having Darnold on the team as a backup and after a year of being on the bench he would not get a good enough contract to figure into a comp pick. Let's say they do trade him for a 4th in 2021 they would also be shedding another $5 million in cap space that could be used to sweeten a deal for a top Guard or WR in FA. There is zero benefit for the Jets to keep Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dcJet said:

why not realistic?

Sam's on his last year and cheap.  Fields sits, Sam starts until week 10.  

god why dont some people get that you cant keep Sam if you draft a QB

so under your plan Sam starts for 10 weeks right? what if Sam plays really good, are we going to trade him without knowing what Fields is? and we just wasted the #2 on a QB we didnt need,

you cant strike out on the @2 pick in the draft. whoever it is must be our starter right away. no distractions

59 minutes ago, doitny said:

god why dont some people get that you cant keep Sam if you draft a QB

so under your plan Sam starts for 10 weeks right? what if Sam plays really good, are we going to trade him without knowing what Fields is? and we just wasted the #2 on a QB we didnt need,

you cant strike out on the @2 pick in the draft. whoever it is must be our starter right away. no distractions

Right just like aaron rodgers??!!! Am I right?