Shotty in the mix!

I've always thought that Schotty has the personality to be an effective CEO type HC if he is prepared to hand over play-calling to a good OC.

He will be a good HC for someone - but I doubt it's with us. Too much history and baggage with the team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I'm definitely in the minority, but I always thought he ran a well disciplined offense and seemed to garner respect from his players.  And he did so from a very young age for an NFL coach.  I think these qualities can translate well to a head coach.

Under no circumstances would I bring him in as an offensive coordinator.  I was never a big fan of his "play within a 10 yard box" offense.  Perhaps this has changed since he left the Jets, but this always left a bad taste in my mouth.  He also had a reputation of a quarterback killer prior to joining Seattle.

How could any Jets fan not taste bile at the thought of this?!?!?

Excerpts of a post of mine from 2011 below;

2008; vs. Broncos- opens the game with a disastrous double reverse in the pouring rain resulting in a Denver fumble rec TD

2008; vs Chiefs-calls 25 passes out of the first 28 plays resulting in 3 INT's against a KC team that was near last against the run. When asked about it after the game, "we tried to fool them."

2009; vs. Buffalo- calls pass after pass in 35 mph winds resulting in 5-INT game for Sanchez where the Jets ran for 300+ and could have run for close to 500, won the game, and all without throwing the ball once

2010- vs everybody; the worst 1st quarter offense in the league. The Jets ran the plays he spent all week scripting up.

2010 AFCG-calls a ridiculous play trying to pick up a 3rd and 17 deep in their own territory resulting in a strip sack TD for Pitt that ultimately was huge in deciding the game. The right call was for a draw and to punt it away.

~Shotgun formations on 3rd and less than 2

~failing to learn from his mistakes. He makes the same ones over and over.

~2010; getting called out publicly by the Packer defense after getting shutout at home
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...as-predictable

~January 2011; getting called out publicly by both Braylon and Tone

~constant shifting and personnel changes that result in confusion, frustration, and delay of game penalties. AKA the Schotty "Chinese Fire Drill" offense.

~Anyone think it is a coincidence that the Jets offense is better in the hurry up? Maybe because schitthead doesn't have time to call plays and Mark does it on his own.

31 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

What a terrible hire that would be. He failed to develop Sanchez, and then failed to develop Bradford. He's having success calling plays for Russel Wilson's offense. Something built long before he got there. 

No thanks. Hard pass. 

The Rams dumped Schittty quick... so did the Georgia Bulldogs.

• Upvote 1

Just from a hiring and development perspective. 

Schotty has been a part of bad offenses and teams, and good offenses and teams.

From a job standpoint, I have always learned from the bad experiences and used them to get better with the good experiences. Maybe he does that too?