Shotty in the mix!

42 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Maybe he developed into better coordinator? Read Outliers, most people get better at their job after time. 

Maybe? But I'd be skeptical that it took until his 7th season to have any success(even as great as his O has been this year).

If we get him I'll be rooting for him but I'm not sold.

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

C'mon, you have to admit Daboll did an incredible job developing Favre and Brady.  He made Colt McCoy into the backup QB that he is today!  Brady Quinn never had a better season.

Can people change, develop new skills and talents and succeed given time, opportunities and player talent?
He’s managed to turn Allen, whose accuracy was measured in Circular Error Probable range into a premier passer this year. He’s even managed to turn Matt Barkley into a good QB when he steps in.

Besides, every OC goes through periods of difficulty and disfavor. It’s how they adapt that matters.

19 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree with this 100%

And I also believe that had Schotty been the HC with Rex being the DC we go further and do better!

Not a chance.

Rex's personality and scheme defined that team. He was at the heart of everything we did well.  Took Mangini's 18th ranked defence and turned it into the best in the league, despite losing the MVP from Mangini's defence. You're delusional if you think Schotty and whatever assclown that nerd would hire to be DC is pulling that off.

The disrespect to Rex is as always ridiculous. Schottenheimer would have been a catastrophe then and now. All he's done since leaving is hold Russell Wilson back with his conservative bullsh*t. Trash coach. 

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Rams dumped Schittty quick... so did the Georgia Bulldogs.

I’d bet the Seahawks won’t.  He’s run a really good offense Seattle.  A really good offense.  Even he’s admitting that he made a bad decision 

24 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Can people change, develop new skills and talents and succeed given time, opportunities and player talent?
He’s managed to turn Allen, whose accuracy was measured in Circular Error Probable range into a premier passer this year. He’s even managed to turn Matt Barkley into a good QB when he steps in.

Besides, every OC goes through periods of difficulty and disfavor. It’s how they adapt that matters.

Daboll can improve but Schottenhiemer can't?

I question whether Allen was ever that bad.  I mean Daboll was his OC when he was at 52% too.  My point wasn't really meant against Daboll and more that good players are good and bad players are bad,  There are things that I didn't like about Schottenhiemer, but blaming Sanchez on him is a ******* joke.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Not a chance.

Rex's personality and scheme defined that team. He was at the heart of everything we did well.  Took Mangini's 18th ranked defence and turned it into the best in the league, despite losing the MVP from Mangini's defence. You're delusional if you think Schotty and whatever assclown that nerd would hire to be DC is pulling that off.

The disrespect to Rex is as always ridiculous. Schottenheimer would have been a catastrophe then and now. All he's done since leaving is hold Russell Wilson back with his conservative bullsh*t. Trash coach. 

Interesting........

I specifically said that I would have Rex as the DC with the same player upgrades that happened without Mangini's input.  IMO defense under Rex was great for awhile but I who defended Rex consistently recognize his flaws as well as his exemplary work on behalf of the Jets and am a Jets fan who tries to objectively evaluate what is and has happened to the team.

And Rex has to take responsibility for brining in the late Tony Sparano as his OC who was IMO a major downgrade from Schotty, period. You may think he wasn't but most objective folks would say he was..

Finally, the whole mantra of "ground and pound" led to needless silliness, and gave us Tebow all the time.

So no, I don't knock Rex, thought he shouldn't have been let go when he was, but I also don't think he was the only or best person to run the Jets.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What a coincidence Schotty has sucked everywhere until he got Russell Wilson

What I take from here is that 

1. You think its perfectly fine to point out that his offense is better with a better group of offensive players and then dismiss it

2.  You think he sucks because his offenses weren't as good with Sanchez. COINCIDENTALLY.

3.  Ignore that Seattles offense, Wilsons production is better with Shotty.  

21 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Just to play devils advocate, how much of Allen’s improvement was Daboll and how much is QB coach Ken Dorsey? Dorsey was Cam Newton’s QB coach for his best years which included an MVP.

22 hours ago, slats said:

It'll be interesting to see if Schottenheimer even gets an interview and, if he does, how far it goes. Woody really liked Schotty, and he was being talked up as a potential head coach a decade ago. But he has no connection to Joe Douglas, and if I'm Joe Douglas, I'm not so sure I want to recommend a former favorite son of the owner to the table. That's a recipe for early competitiveness and friction. 

I bet you were singing 'Won't Get Fooled Again' by The Who and that your fingers were cramping as you were typing that out. Translation: here we go . . . AGAIN.

That entire paragraph is what needs to go with this organization. If something like this were to happen it's deja vu all over again. Heh. Anyway, this really was just an experiment to see how many times I could say the word again and not shoot myself in the face with this team . . . again. GO JETS! ?

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I question whether Allen was ever that bad.  I mean Daboll was his OC when he was at 52% too.  My point wasn't really meant against Daboll and more that good players are good and bad players are bad

Of course Allen was that bad. He couldn't throw the ball to the guy. I don't think it's a matter of Allen being more fixable than people thought or Buffalo taking a noteworthy approach to the fixing. They practice, they get better, they hit 95% outcomes sometimes. They knew it was a long money proposition to get the accuracy where it needed to be but they had a pretty good idea what they'd have if they did.

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What a coincidence Schotty has sucked everywhere until he got Russell Wilson

When he was our OC we ranked 5th and 6th in offensive yards with Mark Sanchez as his QB.  the year before he got to Seattle their O with Bevel as their OC they were ranked 15th in yards and 11th in points.  Their running game was a mess.  Shotty came in and they were 2nd in running the ball.  They threw less and their yards dropped but the moved up to 6th in scoring.  

Teams that run the ball, go over the top for chunk plays win the field position and TOP win football games.

Shotty did it here and he's doing it in Seattle.  He's paid his dues.  He's not a kid any more.  We can and will probably do a lot worse.