******Official Jets vs Pats gameday Hey Adam dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya thread***** (merged)

.290% career losing percentage as Jets head coach.

I can't wait until Black Monday so the Johnson's can fire Gase just as Gase fired Gregg Williams; sweet Karma. 

I'm hoping Sam Darnold goes off and absolutely explodes for 5-7 TD passes/0 INTs against Belichick and his crap N.E Defense.

because sometimes your last memory is a lasting memory so for Sam's last game as a Jet being pretty much used as an audition for NFL GMs (that could be willing to swing a 2nd round pick for him) I'm hoping Sam destroys N.E during his most likely last game as an N.Y Jets QB and once fan base faithful. 

Sorry for being so hard on you kid (if you ever read this). Once 3rd overall pick. Never had an A+ electric RB. Never had multiple WR/TE weapons on the field @ the same time. 2 different coaches in 3 years. And the worst makeshift offensive line to start a career behind it was criminal and I'm surprised you've survived. 

Good luck Sam. Hopefully JD doesn't do to Fields what NYJ did to you. Surrounded by A+ weapons this kid could've been a good one.

He was fed absolute crap. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Here's my problem with Adam Darnold. I always gave him the benefit of doubt based on no running game, and rarely having all of his WRs available. 

So, when he has his weapons, I'm thinking, today is the day he goes over 300 yards with a few TDs......and then the game starts & it never happens. 

Instead, like ground hog day, 3rd & 6, he goes back, holds the ball too long...runs to his right...runs out of space..throws the ball low at a covered WRs feet, or throws it away...or runs out of bounds for a 2 yard loss.

Today he's facing the weakest team in our division besides us, no Stephon Gilmore, no Lawrence Guy, finally, no Gore & his 3 yards & a cloud of dust. So here we go again Sam in his 3rd year in the league, our Oline has played well enough to get some work done, can he pass for over 200 yards? 

If he has the usual Sam Darnold day, 16-38, 175 yards, there is no way in hell Joe Douglas & a new coaching staff are tying their futures to Darnold. You can get that Beathard 3rd stringer from the 49ers to do that. 

Crazy, was his 1st pass in the NFL that went for a pick 6 an omen for his career in the NFL? I thought we won the QB lottery finally when the Browns took Baker & the Giants took Barkley. Such is the life of a Jet fan that the guy ranked #4, that we could have just sat at our original spot at #6 and drafted turns out to be the best QB in that draft & ends up in our division to haunt us for years. It's like Marino all over again. 

Moral of the story? Take Justin Fields at #2! We'll probably not be in this position during the time I have left on gods green earth. Swing for the fences that this kid is a fierce competitor to have years of showdowns vs the Bills & Fins like the old days of the AFC East when New England was in their rightly place at the bottom ?

If any TYPE of QB matches this new NFL it's Fields. 6-4", 225, tough, big arm, fast as hell, smart & plays big in big games. To me this is a no brainer bringing in a coaching staff that matches up with his skill set. Surround him with big speedy WRs, a RB like Najee Harris & an Oline that can get out on the move. Go Jets, go Joe Douglas. 

• Upvote 2

Adam was given a real shot when we selected him, handing him the keys with Darnold. His one job was to mentor and evolve Darnold. He completely failed here.  I think the guy needs to go back to being an OC ... sometimes you need to realize who you are and what your talents are. Adam seems more comfortable at that level. Anyway ... I never wish for someone to fail ..hope he finds a fit somewhere.

The next HC better not **** up Zach Wilson.

Edited by Dunnie

You'd certainly think Gase coaches and game plans like he's got nothing to lose today? I mean after all he doesn't. Him being fired is a mere formality at this point.

So my hope is Gase goes out giving it hell. That he tries everything within him to beat the patsies today.

It's also my hope that Sammy lights up the field. I'm still 100% on the Sammy bandwagon. I still think he's EVERYTHING he was coming out of USC. I just think his growth and development had been stagnated by horrible coaching and mismanagement by the front office. Talent matters and the Jets did NOTHING to help him build confidence. I further hope that the new HC is willing to give him an opportunity to win the starting job next season.

• Upvote 1

Something came up on my memories on fb last week. Final game of 2013 the Jets win in Miami to go 8-8 and have a sb celebration in the locker room with woody and Rex over Rex coming back for his final year. Deja vu? Christopher Johnson has seen a lot of positive improvement over the last two weeks. He may try to continue the positive momentum going into 2021 lol 

THANK GOD THIS SEASON AND THIS COACHING STAFF ARE FINISHED!!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BP said:

Something came up on my memories on fb last week. Final game of 2013 the Jets win in Miami to go 8-8 and have a sb celebration in the locker room with woody and Rex over Rex coming back for his final year. Deja vu? Christopher Johnson has seen a lot of positive improvement over the last two weeks. He may try to continue the positive momentum going into 2021 lol 

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends