******Official Jets vs Pats gameday Hey Adam dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya thread***** (merged)

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Ugh - full circle 

Sam goes out with a whimper

so long Sam- this breakup hurts. Thought you were the one ? 

Yup, there was no bigger fan than me. I stood up and cheered so loud when we drafted him I scared my beagle. Disappointing is a vast understatement. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why Flores? Tua looks bad but my impression was the Flores has been pretty solid?

He benched their best QB mid season in a potential playoff run. They’re in the playoffs right now if they stick with Fitz.

Literal sabotage. The players should be f*cking outraged.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

With the way the jets have acted the past few years, what makes you think Sam is gone. This team has stood by bad/mediocre players for 2-3 years longer than needed. 

Also, you get a new qb and now what. Back to where we were just a different face. I don't follow college, but I see sanchez didn't work, tebow, Geno. None of them worked. 

Usually players look good when on another team but none of these QBs worked out in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

This team is BAD guys. Diesnt matter if we draft Sewell or Fields. We are gonna suck next year also

Nope. Get a real coach and QB in here, use the other 4 picks in the top 3 rounds and our league leading cap space wisely and this team can compete next year.  We’re watching a defense full of 2nd and 3rd stringers and a badly coached offense right now

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Dont get it. Run defense pretty good all year and Michel wasnt......but he is making the run defense look awful play after play. We also suck donkey dick at defending RBS out of the backfield

No Q, no effort, no heart.  

4 minutes ago, shevys said:

Considering how you were all over Ramsey’s nuts, I don’t know that you can crow about that. 

Because I was 100% right about Darnold and Gase. Unlike most of you.

Im usually right. But yeah I was wrong about a backup 20 years ago lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

He benched their best QB mid season in a potential playoff run. They’re in the playoffs right now if they stick with Fitz.

I like what Flores did. Made the best decision for the long term, the opposite of Gase playing Gore. Fitz isn’t the future- get your top 5 pick experience in some pressure situations, let him learn, see what you got. Flores knows the Fins aren’t winning it all this year so take the Longview. 

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

This team is BAD guys. Diesnt matter if we draft Sewell or Fields. We are gonna suck next year also

You're not wrong but recently we have seen really bad teams turn it around much quicker than expected. First things first, JD MUST find a competent coach. We go into next year with a real NFL coach and a good offseason and this team could look completely different. But yes, you're right, this team is BAD so realistically no one is turning this dumpster fire into a playoff team next year but with a real coach, the league has shown us that the Jets being 8-8 / 9-7 kind of bad next year isnt at all unrealistic 

• Upvote 1

This game does not hurt Darnolds trade value, whatever that is. It's bc he's played like this all year. His only trade value is for a playoff team who thinks they can get the best out of him with better coaching and talent. I think ultimately he gets trade for a 3rd this year and a mid round pick in 2022 that can move up depending on his play. 

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Fair. I think it’s complicated to try to be good in the moment but also grow for the future. I don’t know what that looks like as a Jets fan. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Another mediocre performance by Sam. He’s one IOC the keys to this loss. I’d still not use the second pick on any Qb except Lawrence. Try to trade down maybe draft a Qb with our Seattle first rounder. 

The pick is going to be sewell or fields. No trading down