Congrats to Adam Gase!

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that, on the list of People To Blame for the past two years, Adam Gase is, maybe, fourth on that list.

Exactly.

And if Gase does go, they'll dance around naked covered in blood in front of a huge bonfire in celebration, not realizing that it's actually the darkest day in modern Jets history.  No quarterback, no coaching staff, starting from ground zero again. 

Typical Mets fans, cheering for the wrong thing at the wrong time.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Remind me - was Sam brought here to develop Gase?

Turns out, no one could develop Darnold, he was a lost cause, a windmill to chase for 3 long years.  

And, again, you so-called geniuses are always wrong, always thinking flipping a HC or a QB is all that's needed to get us to the playoffs. 

Turns out, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one who got away.  The guy whose contract made you want to vomit, good lord I remember the arguments.  We'd have done a lot more winning from 2017-2020 with Fitz under center than the parade of garbage we've had since.

SAR I

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t believe Adam Gase dragged this team into the abyss in a mere 24 months

threeidiots.jpg

The guilty parties.  It's like they don't remember a decade of roster malpractice.  FIRE GASE!  Because it is so easy to win with the garbage these three left in their wake.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

They should of handed that idiot a bus ticket back and a happy meal.   

I'm sure it's going to be a patronizing farewell.   They should just tell it like it is.  Adam did a horrible job while here and he left us no choice, but to dump his sorry coaching ability.   He's a loser and we just need to get a winner in here.  Adam is no it.   

Bill Belichick just went 7-9 with a roster much better than the one Adam Gase went 7-9 with in 2019.  

It's not a coaching problem.  It's a roster problem.  Flipping the head coach is arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Turns out, no one could develop Darnold, he was a lost cause, a windmill to chase for 3 long years.  

And, again, you so-called geniuses are always wrong, always thinking flipping a HC or a QB is all that's needed to get us to the playoffs. 

Turns out, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the one who got away.  The guy whose contract made you want to vomit, good lord I remember the arguments.  We'd have done a lot more winning from 2017-2020 with Fitz under center than the parade of garbage we've had since.

SAR I

Turns out, no one could develop Tannehill, he was a lost cause, a windmill to chase for 6 long years.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

It will just never end.  Darnold could throw 16 picks in a quarter and there are folks who will still blame the O-line, HC, sun spots, anything but what is staring them in the face.

Prepare for the next ten years on JN every time he throws a completed pass in mop up duty.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Turns out, no one could develop Tannehill, he was a lost cause, a windmill to chase for 6 long years.  

Tannehill isn't a great quarterback.  He's a game manager with the best Ground & Pound offense in the NFL.

Sound familiar?

SAR I

Tannehill was 5x the QB on his worst day that Darnold is on his best. There were signs that Tannehill could be a contributor. The only sign on Darnold is “dispose of properly.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your reminder that, on the list of People To Blame for the past two years, Adam Gase is, maybe, fourth on that list.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And if Gase does go, they'll dance around naked covered in blood in front of a huge bonfire in celebration, not realizing that it's actually the darkest day in modern Jets history.  No quarterback, no coaching staff, starting from ground zero again. 

Typical Mets fans, cheering for the wrong thing at the wrong time.

SAR I

You think Gase was the 4th biggest reason for the Jets' failure this year, yet you're criticizing those who will be happy about him getting fired and think it's the darkest day in modern Jets history?

We'd be starting from ground zero regardless of whether Gase was here or not.  Though we'd be in far worse shape if googly eyes were back for another season.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

Tannehill was 5x the QB on his worst day that Darnold is on his best. There were signs that Tannehill could be a contributor. The only sign on Darnold is “dispose of properly.”

Did you think that way after his rookie season?  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you think that way after his rookie season?  

Honestly don’t remember if I had an opinion on him back then. I started realizing the dude was pretty good after looking at him more closely when it looked like he would become available. Unfortunately Macc didn’t return my calls recommending trading for him.

"Sam Darnold is a top 4 AFC quarterback".  Sound familiar?

Lots of people were wrong about Darnold. But now that the evidence is in, some people oddly choose to continue being wrong. SAR isn’t one of them — well, not when it comes to Darnold, at least.

I will be happy when Gase is fired because, although Gase was handed a lousy roster and flawed QB, I did not see any evidence that Gase could take the likely college style QB he would replace Darnold with and develop him into a competitive QB.

I did not see evidence that he could be CEO of the team or manage the trainers, strength and conditioning.

I have nothing against him personally.  I just don’t think he is the right HC for the Jets going forward, assuming that they are going to draft a new QB.

If you told me that the Jets were sticking with Darnold and JD was going to develop the rest of the roster, I would not fall off of my stool if they kept Gase.   But I would not expect the playoffs in 2021, and I would not expect Gase to be extended.