What Was Darnold's #1 Shortcoming/Flaw?

I've sort of racked my brain...

I am no peewee football wannabe Belichick rolling around in my team sweatpants all weekend at the local bagel shop on Long Island--you know the type--always has a whistle around the neck.

Tell me: out of ALL of Sam Darnold's flaws, what was his #1 most tragic flaw?

What was Sam Darnold's #1 "achilles heel" in his game?

Sum it up in one sentence of less.  No diatribes.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

His vision.  He misses open receivers and throws right at defenders sometimes.  I can't explain it.  But it's like he just got worse and worse over the last three years.  I keep wondering if he's Ricky Vaughn and they just need to give him glasses.

Yeah...someone with a legitimate take.

VISION.

Interesting.

So he just does not SEE the field well?

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

His vision.  He misses open receivers and throws right at defenders sometimes.  I can't explain it.  But it's like he just got worse and worse over the last three years.  I keep wondering if he's Ricky Vaughn and they just need to give him glasses.

Like today when ty johnson is standing in the flat wide open for easy yards and darnold is starting down a wr in the end zone and throws a pick.  He just never got it.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I've sort of racked my brain...

I am no peewee football wannabe Belichick rolling around in my team sweatpants all weekend at the local bagel shop on Long Island--you know the type--always has a whistle around the neck.

Tell me: out of ALL of Sam Darnold's flaws, what was his #1 most tragic flaw?

What was Sam Darnold's #1 "achilles heel" in his game?

Sum it up in one sentence of less.  No diatribes.

Sam has shown flaws in just about every aspect of his game. I will say though that over the past few games he has stopped (for the most part) throwing off his back foot and he has stepped up into the pocket more than I have ever seen him do so. He has shown improvement in the mechanics I was tearing him apart for but and its a big but he still makes terrible mistakes and he has shown no improvement in his ability to understand the game and after 3 years that's really concerning.

So I would have to say his most tragic flaw is his lack of ability to progress through a play at the speed needed to succeed in the NFL and sorry but that's not teachable.