Just now, mrmajix said:

I like the plan but somehow I believe as obvious as some of these moves seem to be, JD is too conservative and we'll be disappointed again with what he'll end up doing. 

Maybe maybe not. JD in his first year didn't want to spend much due to extenuating circumstances.  Now is the time to strike.  He has to get some prime talent in here. The money is there. There's just no excuse.  Get the right HC in here, sign 3-4 top FA's @ CB, Edge, WR, G and we can turn this around.  

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Its OVER. Thank heavens.  Time to move forward. Its not a quick fix but this coming year is vital for JD to cement his legacy as Jets GM.

1st - Hire Matt Campbell.  Make him an offer he cant refuse. He is the man needed to change the culture around here.  

2nd - Trade Darnold.  He's done and if you saw him on SNY after today's game, he even knows it.

3rd -Draft a QB @ 2.  Fields proved he's worthy. You don't get cute by trading down or stick with Darnold.  

4th - Get a damn lock down CB and edge rusher for the defense.   Edge: Judon,, Dupree, Barrett, Reddick   CB: This one is difficult. No top CB's entering FA. We need to also get a young guy on the rise.  Resign Poole and hopefully JD can trade for a corner or you savants may know of a FA CB. 

5th - Sign Allen Robinson WR.  This is a must.  Vet WR for Fields, takes pressure off Mims. 

6th - Sign Thuney. Draft a Center and move McGovern over to guard.  Improves OL. drastically.  Draft a RT and G later in draft. Its a deep draft for OL.   

7h - Draft a CB and an edge with 26 and 33. Yea yea offense offense offense. BUT the defense desperately needs help.  Two good pass rushers and two good CB's makes QW and the DL that more effective.  

8th - Draft a bull RB like Sermon. We have Ty Johnson who looks explosive. We need a bulldozer.

9 - Draft a blazer like Robbie to open things up: Schwatrz. this kid has world class speed. Is raw but he is a weapon.  

Add to the list

Superb post...would add...trade Morgan, cut Perine.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Agree with most of that.

1. Campbell + Fields is my preferred HC/QB combo. Any combination of Fitzgerald/Martindale/Brady + Wilson works too. 

2. Free agency - Thuney and a tier 1 receiver. Don't see Robinson coming to the Jets, but Golladay/Juju/Davis would be fine. Judon or Dupree and that's a good haul.

3. Draft a guard with Seattle's pick and a center in the third round. Build a wall for Fields. Use our other picks to fill out the roster, maybe a corner at 33. 

But it all starts with the head coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'd like to have Matt Campbell as well. If we are lucky enough to pull him from Iowa State, you guys better start getting use to major TE involvement. I haven't seen one post about multiple TE which tells me you don't enough about Matt Campbell and his offensive scheme. He will have 3-4 TE on this team. 11, 12, 13 pr, often.

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, RJIII said:

I'd like to have Matt Campbell as well. If we are lucky enough to pull him from Iowa State, you guys better start getting use to major TE involvement. I haven't seen one post about multiple TE which tells me you don't enough about Matt Campbell and his offensive scheme. He will have 3-4 TE on this team. 11, 12, 13 pr, often.

Jets and Tight Ends aren't a thing. Might kill some of our older fans if we start using tight ends again.  

27 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Its OVER. Thank heavens.  Time to move forward. Its not a quick fix but this coming year is vital for JD to cement his legacy as Jets GM.

1st - Hire Matt Campbell.  Make him an offer he cant refuse. He is the man needed to change the culture around here.  

2nd - Trade Darnold.  He's done and if you saw him on SNY after today's game, he even knows it.

3rd -Draft a QB @ 2.  Fields proved he's worthy. You don't get cute by trading down or stick with Darnold.  

4th - Get a damn lock down CB and edge rusher for the defense.   Edge: Judon,, Dupree, Barrett, Reddick   CB: This one is difficult. No top CB's entering FA. We need to also get a young guy on the rise.  Resign Poole and hopefully JD can trade for a corner or you savants may know of a FA CB. 

5th - Sign Allen Robinson WR.  This is a must.  Vet WR for Fields, takes pressure off Mims. 

6th - Sign Thuney. Draft a Center and move McGovern over to guard.  Improves OL. drastically.  Draft a RT and G later in draft. Its a deep draft for OL.   

7h - Draft a CB and an edge with 26 and 33. Yea yea offense offense offense. BUT the defense desperately needs help.  Two good pass rushers and two good CB's makes QW and the DL that more effective.  

8th - Draft a bull RB like Sermon. We have Ty Johnson who looks explosive. We need a bulldozer.

9 - Draft a blazer like Robbie to open things up: Schwatrz. this kid has world class speed. Is raw but he is a weapon.  

Add to the list

Definitely NOT my plan. You simply cannot go defense with our 2nd 1st and 1st second if you draft QB. Cannot.  Like Campbell as head coach. I woult not touch Fields. The ONLY purpose at the top of the draft is to get weapons and protection for the QB even if you sign Thuney and Robinson as you want, though I am not a fan of big ticket FAs. They work out like 2% of the time.

1. Sell team

2. New ownership hires Brian Schotty, moves team and rebrands as the Sheboygan sh*tkickers. Wears a uniform befitting the NFL not a D3 college program for a nursing school.

3. ????

4. Jets fans 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

33 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

OK, cool.

Why?

Explain it to me like I have no idea who Campbell is or what he's done (because I don't watch college or know what he's done).

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

OK, cool.

Why?

Explain it to me like I have no idea who Campbell is or what he's done (because I don't watch college or know what he's done).

He's young and the hottest HC prospect out there. Woody tried to lure him back in 2018 and he refused to interview. In a nutshell, he's a program builder and great teacher.  Exactly what this franchise hasn't had since Parcells or Weeb Eubank. He is the only HC I want.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/matt-campbell-ended-generations-of-futility-at-iowa-state-053103504.html

1 minute ago, Wonderboy said:

He's young and the hottest HC prospect out there. Woody tried to lure him back in 2018 and he refused to interview. In a nutshell, he's a program builder and great teacher.  Exactly what this franchise hasn't had since Parcells or Weeb Eubank. He is the only HC I want.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/matt-campbell-ended-generations-of-futility-at-iowa-state-053103504.html

What does his being young bring to the table, exactly?

By "Program Builder" I presume you mean "College Recruiter", how does that skillset translate to the Pro game where recruiting and Rah Rah Cheerleader stuff is generally irrelevant?

I could see "Great Teacher" having value, especially at QB.  What Pro QB's has he "taught" that have had success at the NFL level?

48 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Good point. We have Herndon who has regained his mojo in last quarter. Dont know what happened to griffin. He was given a new contract but his injury really curtailed him this year.  We can sign a FA: Ertz or Gerald Everett or draft a TE like Charlie Kolar, who Campbell coached at Iowa State.

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

If I'm the AD of U.of Texas, I'd open the vault for Campbell

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By "Program Builder" I presume you mean "College Recruiter", how does that skillset translate to the Pro game where recruiting and Rah Rah Cheerleader stuff is generally irrelevant?

I could see "Great Teacher" having value, especially at QB.  What Pro QB's has he "taught" that have had success at the NFL level?

Oh my god dude sometmes you're too much.

The guy made a statement. You asked him to elaborate. He does a fine elaboration. Instead of OK 👍 you want to grill him even further like a cruel job interviewer

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Oh my god dude sometmes you're too much.

The guy made a statement. You asked him to elaborate. He does a fine elaboration. Instead of OK 👍 you want to grill him even further like a cruel job interviewer

I know absolutely nothing about the man in question, so I'm asking reasonable questions of a guy who says he is the "only" Head Coach he wants.

Is there some problem with asking additional questions?  I'd like to know more.  Are these too hard, can even the guys biggest fan not answer a simple questions about why the guy is a good choice?   

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I know absolutely nothing about the man in question, so I'm asking reasonable questions of a guy who says he is the "only" Head Coach he wants.

Is there some problem with asking additional questions?  I'd like to know more.  Are these too hard, can even the guys biggest fan not answer a simple questions about why the guy is a good choice?   

You are full of it. This is SORE1 level stuff. You arent trying to learn, you are looking  to debate and deconsruct and its not very nice thank u very much

• Upvote 2
Just now, HighPitch said:

You are full of it. This is SORE1 level stuff. You arent trying to learn, you are looking  to debate and deconsruct and its not very nice thank u very much

Sigh

Dude, listen, because this is tiresome.  I've said it a million times, I'm not a College Football Fan and I don't follow the sport.  What may be obvious to a College Fan is not obvious to me, I don't know the programs beyond generally, I don't know the Coaches, and I don't know the players.  Every year at season end, I get up to speed on the Draft Class, that's the extent of my interest in minor league football.  

Regardless, even if I was an obsessive college fan, my questions are not unreasonable.  If the guys biggest fans cannot answer them without being defensive or elusive, it just tells me the guy isn't that good.  Sorry for looking for more than empty generalities and flufferism.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do some research. You must be the only one on here who is clueless as to Campbell's upside.  He took a crap program at a school that hasn't had a winning tradition in 40 years and built it from the bottom up.  Yes he's young. I am tired of these old farts. We need young blood in here.  His players love this guy.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Sigh

Dude, listen, because this is tiresome.  I've said it a million times, I'm not a College Football Fan and I don't follow the sport.  What may be obvious to a College Fan is not obvious to me, I don't know the programs beyond generally, I don't know the Coaches, and I don't know the players.  Every year at season end, I get up to speed on the Draft Class, that's the extent of my interest in minor league football.  

Regardless, even if I was an obsessive college fan, my questions are not unreasonable.  If the guys biggest fans cannot answer them without being defensive or elusive, it just tells me the guy isn't that good.  Sorry for looking for more than empty generalities and flufferism.

Translation: I don't know football.

• Confused 1

1. Sell the team.

2. Hire the Johnson Brothers as consultants to find a VP of football operations. 

3. Hire the Johnson’s to actually be the VPs of football operations.

4. Have the coach and GM report separately to the Johnson’s.

5. Jump off a bridge. 

If we are getting Fields, #26 and #34 better be offense. 

If we are not getting Fields, #26 and #34 still better be offense. 

And #2 better be offense too. It’s that simple. 

Do some research.

What do you think I'm doing?  You're clearly a fan, so I'm asking you.

You must be the only one on here who is clueless as to Campbell's upside. 

See above reply to HighPitch.  Yes, I am in fact clueless in re: College Coaches.

He took a crap program at a school that hasn't had a winning tradition in 40 years and built it from the bottom up.

OK, but how does that translate to the Pro Game?  Building a College Team is entirely a different job that building a Pro Team.  He may be a great recruiter, say, but that is irrelevant in the NFL.  He may manage four-year rosters well, but that isn't his job in the NFL. 

What NFL skills does he have, is he a great offensive mind leading a top-tier College Offense, and with a history of developing young QB's to be much better than expected?  That kind of stuff.

Yes he's young. I am tired of these old farts. We need young blood in here.  His players love this guy.  

Fair enough, I feel the same way about QB's personally.  So I can't fault the feeling.

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

If I'm the AD of U.of Texas, I'd open the vault for Campbell

He's being hunted by all major players in NCAA.  Woody will have to give him a blank check.