Adam Gase officially fired: MERGED

AbstraKt

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh I see where you plan on going...  all-out attack season on Joe Douglas now?  LOL.  Good luck with that. You know what's funny?  All Along it was JD that will likely be the Johnsons' "Football Man" and not Gase.  Oddly, you may have been correct about the Football Man stuff.

The anti-JD approach will surely keep you at the center of attention.  Jets fandom and narcissism is such an odd combination.

I've been telling everyone for months now.

That this was SAR's plan. 

To attack every part of NYJs front office (due to being butthurt over his best coach ever Adam Gase being fired). 

It's disgusting.  

And it's already happening. It's already started. 

I've had my fun with SAR for the night and now I'm completely done with him. I can't speak for everyone else on JN but I'm about to put him on ignore (something I've only ever done to one other poster) because I can already tell he's going to become the reason I get banned. 

Calling me a RAT BASTARD after his dream man Adam Gase was fired? Nope. I won't let him get be banned. 

Ignored moving forward. 

Him making fun of Met fans is even more disgusting than his Adam Gase posts. 

• Upvote 2

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And that's why firing Adam Gase right now is such a dumb move.  We haven't reversed the perception of dysfunction when we fire a well-liked member of the coaching community who the entire NFL knows was put in the worst situation possible in 2020 after a reasonably successful 2019.  And if Cimini is to be believed, Elhai and Douglas are vetting candidates and Chris is going to make the final decision.  It's the same old revolving door, the same dysfunction.

"Sheer desperation because of a bungled HC search"  We're set up for that again.

SAR I

We always will be as long as Woody and Surrogate refuse to have a GM or President of Operations type running the show.  Woody has been a covert meddler since acquiring the team.  Until the Johnsons step back, nothing will change.  So I am intrigued by the prospect of them acquiescing FINALLY to the idea of letting a real GM do his job.

Woody Johnson has been the problem all along.  Maybe now you will finally begin to see it.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, I'm dead serious.  Sell me on Joe Douglas.  Why is he the second-coming of Bill Parcells or Hank Stram, the Football Man, the Alpha Male, the guy who can sit in Florham Park and make it rain.

You know how you, and others, were right from the beginning when you saw Gase's googly eyes and knew he wasn't the guy?  I have that same vision when it comes to Joe Douglas.  No, not as a picker of players-  I think he may be good there.  I mean as a Football Man, as an Alpha Male, as that mean bastard that is going to give Florham Park the ass-kicking it needs.  Do you see it?

SAR I

I don't have to sell you anything because you have no money here. You extended your credit on Gase being the coach here next year.

We called, so this thread is about you paying the price for being wrong. And not deflecting.

Start a new thread about Joe Douglas if you want. This thread is about Gase being fired. Something you said wasn't going to happen over and over again.

So let's stay on topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is certainly respected around the league with regard to negotiating with other teams and so far has a good rep with agents.  His philosophy is to build an OL, contrary to what we have seen ever since Tannenbaum was gone.  Those things check the right boxes.  

You've just described a pretty good NFL GM.

But that's not what the Jets need.  The Jets need that and someone in that front office who can wrestle control away from the bean counters and pencil pushers, not be a bean counting pencil pusher.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't hate the Yankees. 

I just hate Yankee fans who troll innocent and longtime suffering Met fans (on a Jets forum).  

If that makes sense to you. 

Yankee fan superiority complexes are pervasive and dangerous to any sport discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Wait I thought the Johnson's were great owners? The longest non playoff streak, high ticket and PSL prices, not a problem the Johnson's are great owners.

Now they can't even wrestle control away from bean counters?

Holy Waffle House.

We all have our breaking point.

More than Gase as an actual head coach, he represented everything I wanted-  Experienced (no more rookies), Offensive Background (no more defensive guys), and a known Head Coaching Hardass (no more fluffy Bowles types) to change the culture.  And along with that, autonomy from new CEO Christopher Johnson who had knowingly hired himself a Football Man and was going to let him rip through Florham Park like a hurricane and destroy everything in his path.  Get onboard or get out.  The enema this post-Ryan post-Idzik post-Maccagnan team desperately needed.

I don't feel bad for having a wrong opinion on the situation and embarrassing myself on your find message board; I feel bad because being wrong means the Johnson's haven't learned a damned thing.  It makes me ill to think it's 2015 all over again.  And I think it is.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

Just now, SAR I said:

More than Gase as an actual head coach, he represented everything I wanted-  Experienced (no more rookies), Offensive Background (no more defensive guys), and a known Head Coaching Hardass (no more fluffy Bowles types) to change the culture.  And along with that, autonomy from new CEO Christopher Johnson who had knowingly hired himself a Football Man and was going to let him rip through Florham Park like a hurricane and destroy everything in his path.  Get onboard or get out.  The enema this post-Ryan post-Idzik post-Maccagnan team desperately needed.

I don't feel bad for having a wrong opinion on the situation and embarrassing myself on your find message board; I feel bad because being wrong means the Johnson's haven't learned a damned thing.  It makes me ill to think it's 2015 all over again.  And I think it is.

SAR I

C'mon dude, Gase with an offensive background? One that was beyond non-existent, lol

You're acting like the Jets just fired Bill Parcells. Adam Gase is/was a con man posing as a head coach. Trust me, Sar I, this isn't the hill to die on, lol. 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sell me on how Joe Douglas is an Alpha Football Man.  Give me your elevator pitch. 

Because, to date, I'm not seeing it.  He looks like a soft-spoken and meek scout in over his head and relieved to have had Gase as the fan and media punching bag as he's never been called out for any of his mistakes.

Today, if anything, shows that Douglas has been Maccagnanized.  He's not making the HC decision.  He has to play nice and get Elhai's permission, and then they go together to Chris who makes the final decision.  Imagine you're an A+ head coaching candidate, imagine you're Matt Campbell or Brian Daboll and you've got to sit with a meek scout and a pencil-pushing intern before being passed on to the trust fund twins.  This is why we wind up with the dregs of the NFL HC coaching tree.  It's why the Jets HC is always Mr. Irrelevant.  Out with the old Gase, in with the new.

SAR I

....and there it is folks...      This is what we have to look forward to now.  Yet another JN trolling takover in the making.   Newer! Bolder! Attack the one thing that most Jets fans are pinning their hopes on! Trolling at its best.    Hahahahaha  too funny,

• Haha 1

Two words: BAN SAR1. PatsFanTx was allowed to troll for far too long and now SAR1 is the same. I have him on ignore but he ruins so many threads with the troll baiting and inevitable responses and back and forth. There is exactly one thing bad about Gase being fired- and that is the effect it has on the livelihood of the assistant coaches who give their all every day, Otherwise it should be JOYOUS

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Yankee fan superiority complexes are pervasive and dangerous to any sport discussion.

torremets.gif

"That Joe Torre is a bum!  Get him out of here!  I hated him from his opening press conference with those big googly eyebrows!  Get me an airplane!  Buy me a billboard!  The Mets go nowhere if Joe Torre is still our manager!"

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

what should make you ill is Woody Johnsons' meddling and insistence on total control when he and his pet brother have no football acumen whatsoever.  The results on the field have been obvious. They are the ones who have kept this team in misery.  Now, for the first time, there is a hint that they may finally put the decisions in someone's hands who actually has some football knowledge and you start to freak out.  

Handing the keys to JD could be the best thing to happen to the Jets in 40 years.  Get a grip on reality here.  You don't always need to take a contrarian position.  Or do you?

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wait I thought the Johnson's were great owners? The longest non playoff streak, high ticket and PSL prices, not a problem the Johnson's are great owners.

Now they can't even wrestle control away from bean counters?

Holy Waffle House.

I'm not buying it.  Obvious manipulation. 

Let's see how long you and the mods let him wage his JD war.  First shots have been fired.  Welcome to the next 2 years of persistent trolling on JN.  Can't wait.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Let's see how long you and the mods let him wage his JD war.  First shots have been fired.  Welcome to the next 2 years of persistent trolling on JN.  Can't wait.

He was only fake supporting Gase in order to become an all out shark against JD and our new coach once Gase was fired. He's been planning this for months now. 

I've put him on ignore because this way I won't be around to respond and won't get banned because of it. 

He's the new PatsFanTx. 

When he called me a rat bastard I wanted to say something to him that'll get me permanently banned from here; he's not worth it. 

This is great man!! Finally gase is gone. I loved hearing all the recent billachwck really likes him stuff during the game lol. So ridiculous. No one like Gase, none of his players did, no other coaches even the ones he hired.

So glad he is gone and rightly got fired. I think the new HC is going to be awesome. I think they are going to go completely opposite from gase and get a guy that actually has done some thing good as a coach before.

They showed his offense since leaving manning it and it was like all terrible worst in the league type stuff.

I think the coach from KC might end up being our guy now.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Two words: BAN SAR1. PatsFanTx was allowed to troll for far too long and now SAR1 is the same. I have him on ignore but he ruins so many threads with the troll baiting and inevitable responses and back and forth. There is exactly one thing bad about Gase being fired- and that is the effect it has on the livelihood of the assistant coaches who give their all every day, Otherwise it should be JOYOUS

I will answer this seriously.

Up until 8 minutes ago @SAR II was praising the Jets. People wanted him banned. We aren't going to ban people for rooting for the Jets on a jets board. Holy 2020.

Anyhow if anyone trolls the Jets by blasting the team over and over again, that is a different story. We won't let that happen.

@Patsfantx was banned a long time ago for that. We aren't a normal board that is ban happy but there is absolutely a line.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

you guys feed hjim. use ignore feature. dont respond.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well admitting you were wrong is the first step.

So this is progress.

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase is a very strange hill to die on. There were jungle mountains in Vietnam hundreds of miles from anything with more value than that.

Sar is either related to the Johnsons or trolling us

Either way it’s hilarious 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And that's why firing Adam Gase right now is such a dumb move.  We haven't reversed the perception of dysfunction when we fire a well-liked member of the coaching community who the entire NFL knows was put in the worst situation possible in 2020 after a reasonably successful 2019.  And if Cimini is to be believed, Elhai and Douglas are vetting candidates and Chris is going to make the final decision.  It's the same old revolving door, the same dysfunction.

"Sheer desperation because of a bungled HC search"  We're set up for that again.

SAR I

This is funny. Since hiring Gase was such a disaster, we shouldn't fire him and have to go through another hiring.

It's like the argument that since we whiffed on Darnold we should just keep him rather than moving on and risk whiffing again.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is funny. Since hiring Gase was such a disaster, we shouldn't fire him and have to go through another hiring.

It's like the argument that since we whiffed on Darnold we should just keep him rather than risk moving on and whiffing again.

Very well said. Sar or Sore whatever his name is just can’t grasp this concept. I for one think it’s hysterical how he enjoys showing his lack of football knowledge and any common sense. If people are unhappy with him just ignore. That ends the problem. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MadMikeyG said:

Very well said. Sar or Sore whatever his name is just can’t grasp this concept. I for one think it’s hysterical how he enjoys showing his lack of football knowledge and any common sense. If people are unhappy with him just ignore. That ends the problem. 

Had him on ignore for the last month or so. But took him off as soon as Gase was fired. Didn't want to miss this!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Everybody wants @SAR I banned and that's stupid.  Just stop replying to him. That's how you take the air out of a troll. They feed off the replies and the anger they receive. You want to stop him from trolling? Stop engaging. Duh. 

Why ban Sar?  Schotty next 2-3 years will make Gase look good

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Adam Gase is a very strange hill to die on. There were jungle mountains in Vietnam hundreds of miles from anything with more value than that.

Gase was a bad on-the-field coach, but his hiring was far and away a net positive. Too many of the revisionist clowns in this thread wanted Mike McCarthy (and Mike Maccagnan) winning six games per here for four years. That would be orders of magnitude worse than anything Gase produced. 

• Haha 1