Adam Gase officially fired: MERGED

AbstraKt

Because I was wrong.  I thought there was a master plan here that Chris, Joe, and Adam were all bought into and were working on together.  This morning I wake to find that wasn't the case.  You saw a bad coach.  I saw an ownership and their FO working together on a patient rebuilding plan which was more important than playcalling ability.  So while you feel liberated, I feel depressed. 
And the thought that we let a generational quarterback slip through our fingers when we knew we were getting rid of the guy who led us to improbable wins over two playoff teams?  That those wins, which I thought were important for the team to continue to believe in Douglas and Gase, were actually for nothing and could have been avoided entirely?  Its mind-boggling.
SAR I

Not a real fan.
Good riddance.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, I’ve for the most part been on a Jet hiatus. Only watched a few minutes of a few games, I’m back. I’ve never done this in my life and been a Jet fan since 1968. I was 8 years old. Even endured the Kotite era. Did a lot of hunting, have a freezer full of venison. Got a few projects done around the house. Now that Gase is gone I can get back to my Jets. Just couldn’t sit down every Sunday and let the sh*t show ruin my day. So here’s to better days ahead. Looks like another rebuild. Oh boy. Let’s hope we get a good coaching staff in place and a fortified O-line and I guess a new QB.

• Upvote 3

Thank you Adam Gase for those two wins to burnish your resume. They will really help the jets going forward and your effect on their history will be sealed. Now hopefully you and football are going in different directions 

22 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

STATEMENT FROM JETS CHAIRMAN AND CEO CHRISTOPHER JOHNSON

"This evening, I informed Adam Gase he will no longer serve as the Head Coach of the Jets. During his time here, I had the pleasure to get to know Adam and his wonderful family and wish them nothing but the best moving forward.  While my sincere intentions are to have stability in our organization – especially in our leadership positions – it is clear the best decision for the Jets is to move in a different direction. We knew there was a lot of work that needed to be done when Adam joined us in 2019. Our strong finish last year was encouraging, but unfortunately, we did not sustain that positive momentum or see the progress we all expected this season. 
@Sar1

To our fans, it is obvious we have not been good enough. We are committed to building a strong organization, on and off the field, and will continue to provide the necessary resources to field a team that you can be proud of."

This enrages me. What super accelerated course in football have you taken in the last few months Christopher Johnson that makes you think you’ll make a better hire this time? Nothing pisses me off worse about this team than woody dumping it off to an absolute football know nothing. He says he’s sick of losing? Wow. Two whole years? How do you think we feel us poor beleaguered fans? 

22 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

STATEMENT FROM JETS CHAIRMAN AND CEO CHRISTOPHER JOHNSON

"This evening, I informed Adam Gase he will no longer serve as the Head Coach of the Jets. During his time here, I had the pleasure to get to know Adam and his wonderful family and wish them nothing but the best moving forward.  While my sincere intentions are to have stability in our organization – especially in our leadership positions – it is clear the best decision for the Jets is to move in a different direction. We knew there was a lot of work that needed to be done when Adam joined us in 2019. Our strong finish last year was encouraging, but unfortunately, we did not sustain that positive momentum or see the progress we all expected this season. 
@Sar1

To our fans, it is obvious we have not been good enough. We are committed to building a strong organization, on and off the field, and will continue to provide the necessary resources to field a team that you can be proud of."

PSL owners got a more detailed personal email from Christopher Johnson this afternoon.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Jordan Strack

@JordanStrack

A source tells me Jim Harbaugh has been actively working to find a NFL job. That has been the #1 thing holding him up on him signing an extension at Michigan. This isn’t exactly the most shocking news, but his desire right now is certainly to return to the NFL.

The Jets will have a young quarterback under center one way or another come Week 1 of 2021, but they apparently aren’t limiting their coaching search to offensive minds. New York has requested an interview with Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley, Adam Schefter tweets, and with Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, per Tom Pelissero of NFL Network (Twitter link).

5 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Well guys, I’ve for the most part been on a Jet hiatus. Only watched a few minutes of a few games, I’m back. I’ve never done this in my life and been a Jet fan since 1968. I was 8 years old. Even endured the Kotite era. Did a lot of hunting, have a freezer full of venison. Got a few projects done around the house. Now that Gase is gone I can get back to my Jets. Just couldn’t sit down every Sunday and let the sh*t show ruin my day. So here’s to better days ahead. Looks like another rebuild. Oh boy. Let’s hope we get a good coaching staff in place and a fortified O-line and I guess a new QB.

Yo @nico002 take notes this is how Alphas quit JN

15 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Yall better put some respect on Adam’s name lol

lol. 

Adam Gase as OC would become just about the only play caller that could (ever) turn Alabama into losers. 

And once kids of Bama begin to HATE the rat bastard prick? They'll lose out on top recruits who avoid Gase like the black plague. 

Adam Gase wouldn't last two seasons @ Alabama as OC before being FIRED...