It’s Daboll and Fields

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

"Ownership decided against a complete overhaul, opting to retain embattled general manager Mike Maccagnan, who was hired the same day as Bowles in 2015.

Bowles and Maccagnan were thought to be a tandem -- their contracts run concurrently -- but the general manager was spared, in part, because he flipped the roster in a massive rebuild and acquired promising quarterback Sam Darnold.

Maccagnan will work closely with CEO Christopher Johnson in the search for Bowles' replacement, the team said."

SAR I

So are you intimating that Mike Maccagnan is smarter than Joe Douglas? Because if you are, I'm not surprised you thought Gase would be retained. Chris Johnson hired Adam Gase, the Johnsons are just signing off on Joe Douglas choice this time. When you have a 6 year contract, you wield a lot of power! Thats why Joe wouldn't come here without it. 

16 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

I wrote back in November that Justin Fields would be the best QB from this draft class, and should be our choice (even when we had the #1 pick).

His game translates so much better to the NFL than Trevor Lawrence.  Fields is a true dual threat QB (he’ll run in the 4.4s at the combine), is built like a tank, throws the ball downfield accurately, and is exceptional on third downs.  He consistently throws the ball beyond the sticks and runs for first downs.  He is excellent in the red zone too.  The Clemson offense throws so many bubble screens to Etienne and their receivers and Lawrence does not throw the deep ball as accurately as Fields.  I think Trevor will have a good career, but Fields is the prize.

Next...on to the coaching hire.  I am surprised that so many on this board are advocating for Matt Campbell, Martindale, Bienemy, or ANYONE not named Brian Daboll.  Just like Justin Fields is the guy, Daboll is so clearly THE GUY.  He had the backup QB marching up and down the field today.  His schemes are brilliant, always has receivers running open, and has actually (gasp) developed a raw player in Josh Allen into an MVP candidate.  We weaken the division opponent who is our biggest competition going forward and gain invaluable knowledge about what Buffalo is doing.

Fields and Daboll - get onboard

I want Daboll and dont forget the Bills GM brilliantley over 2 years ago in same FreeAgent season signed 5 best OffLinemen in same year. The Bills have been in playoffs since and Josh looks much better and less mistakes.

Douglas gets Daboll, goess balls to walls in free agency and draft with finsihing OL rebuild and then its Wilson Lawrence or Fields. (Urban to Jags could elevate Fields to Jags as he knows Off playobbok about to be used in Jacksonville and his skillset perfect fit)

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So are you intimating that Mike Maccagnan is smarter than Joe Douglas? Because if you are, I'm not surprised you thought Gase would be retained. Chris Johnson hired Adam Gase, the Johnsons are just signing off on Joe Douglas choice this time. When you have a 6 year contract, you wield a lot of power! Thats why Joe wouldn't come here without it. 

No, I am intimating that your claim that Joe Douglas is being given some special status in the coaching search is incorrect, Mike Maccagnan was a major part of it last time and it led to Adam Gase.

We have to hope that Joe Douglas is the second-coming of Mickey Loomis.  Maybe he is.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

"Ownership decided against a complete overhaul, opting to retain embattled general manager Mike Maccagnan, who was hired the same day as Bowles in 2015.

Bowles and Maccagnan were thought to be a tandem -- their contracts run concurrently -- but the general manager was spared, in part, because he flipped the roster in a massive rebuild and acquired promising quarterback Sam Darnold.

Maccagnan will work closely with CEO Christopher Johnson in the search for Bowles' replacement, the team said."

SAR I

What happened to the football man of Florham Park?

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, I am intimating that your claim that Joe Douglas is being given some special status in the coaching search is incorrect, Mike Maccagnan was a major part of it last time and it led to Adam Gase.

We have to hope that Joe Douglas is the second-coming of Mickey Loomis.  Maybe he is.

SAR I

This isnt Macc.  This is the guy Christopher hired and Christopher believes is the guy.  

Unlike Gase, who you swore CJ believed in when you were doing your routine.

19 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Some accounts (only Twitter) that Daboll has his eye on other openings, the Chargers in particular that he likes more. 

This.  Jets Head Coach position is attractive, but Chargers is better.  Plus I read he went to high school (Saint Francis High School in Buffalo) with the Chargers GM.

20 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

I wrote back in November that Justin Fields would be the best QB from this draft class, and should be our choice (even when we had the #1 pick).

His game translates so much better to the NFL than Trevor Lawrence.  Fields is a true dual threat QB (he’ll run in the 4.4s at the combine), is built like a tank, throws the ball downfield accurately, and is exceptional on third downs.  He consistently throws the ball beyond the sticks and runs for first downs.  He is excellent in the red zone too.  The Clemson offense throws so many bubble screens to Etienne and their receivers and Lawrence does not throw the deep ball as accurately as Fields.  I think Trevor will have a good career, but Fields is the prize.

Next...on to the coaching hire.  I am surprised that so many on this board are advocating for Matt Campbell, Martindale, Bienemy, or ANYONE not named Brian Daboll.  Just like Justin Fields is the guy, Daboll is so clearly THE GUY.  He had the backup QB marching up and down the field today.  His schemes are brilliant, always has receivers running open, and has actually (gasp) developed a raw player in Josh Allen into an MVP candidate.  We weaken the division opponent who is our biggest competition going forward and gain invaluable knowledge about what Buffalo is doing.

Fields and Daboll - get onboard

With Noodle arm as your avatar , hard to take you seriously.  :)    But would LOVE Fields and Daboll.

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

This.  Jets Head Coach position is attractive, but Chargers is better.  Plus I read he went to high school (Saint Francis High School in Buffalo) with the Chargers GM.

Lynn getting fired has hurt us with harbaugh and daboll

• Upvote 1