Report: Jets Are Incapable Of Learning, Will Never Be Good

28 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Coordinators. See problem is the Johnsons are really guiding this; what kinds of coaches are proscribed and chosen. High end big tickets options aren't options at all. It's early but suspect it won't get any better. This  needs to start with a call to Cowher. That hasn't happened. Not saying that's a guarantee, but it needs to start there. 

You realize most HC start as coordinators right? Or are you saying you want a failed HC? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I'm with you on this.....the Owner signing off on the HC is standard operating for all teams.  The issue is more what you said earlier, we're going to take our time, cast a wide net ie; we have no clue what we're doing or where we're going but we certainly dont want to battle for the top candidates. 

My only hope is this is just fan food.  Give them something that makes it sound like they've ironed our a process and that JD has his top 3 in mind.  I dont see why on earth you need a wide net, you hired JD for his connections and experience in the league, you would think he's had a list since the day he was hired....unless he had unabashed confidence in Adam Gase...which would be concerning to say the least.

This is a great point. Why haven't we been working on a short list since early-November???

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont see why on earth you need a wide net, you hired JD for his connections and experience in the league, you would think he's had a list since the day he was hired

This.

And if Johnson and Douglas knew they were getting rid of Gase they should have done it before the LA trip, put some nobody in as interim with orders to start James Morgan and all the rookies and backups.  Instead, Johnson and Douglas created a situation where their HC was motivated to win to save his job and lost a generational quarterback in the process.  

Hello dysfunction my old friend.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You realize most HC start as coordinators right? Or are you saying you want a failed HC? 

There are HCs who left their prior teams on their own terms, college HCs, and yes failed HCs who have gone back to the coordinator ranks and rehabilitated their reputations and hopefully grew and learned something. What I don't want is a recently-failed HC like O'Brien that hasn't even had time to reflect/gain some humility over what happened in their previous stint.

50 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You realize the Jets since Parcells departed (spare Gase!) have ALWAYS hired coordinators rather than proven coaches. How has that worked? And as to Gase, Johnsons are on record for hiring him off Peyton Manning's recommendation from when he was his OC. How has that worked, going into it's 3rd decade? 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You realize the Jets since Parcells departed (spare Gase!) have ALWAYS hired coordinators rather than proven coaches. How has that worked? And as to Gase, Johnsons are on record for hiring him off Peyton Manning's recommendation from when he was his OC. How has that worked, going into it's 3rd decade? 

Cool, let me know what available proven HC's are out there that aren't coming from the college ranks. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This.

And if Johnson and Douglas knew they were getting rid of Gase they should have done it before the LA trip, put some nobody in as interim with orders to start James Morgan and all the rookies and backups.  Instead, Johnson and Douglas created a situation where their HC was motivated to win to save his job and lost a generational quarterback in the process.  

Hello dysfunction my old friend.

SAR I

I cant say I disagree with anything in your post, these are the freekan Jets

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

In the end it's always the owner.  On paper at least.  If Douglas is sold on any candidate, C J wil write the check. When Macc got fired CJ admited he didn't have a clue, and that's why he didn't fire Macc right away. 

Because of ego, the "official" structure as far as the media is concered is C J is in charge.  The reality will be Douglas is running the team....................At least I hope. Or the Jets are in big trouble.  lol

That's my hope, too.

19 hours ago, AL047 said:

If Christopher Johnson has the final say, this team is doomed!!!!

I would write down the names of every coach that was interviewed by this Jets team and hired by other teams. The reason for this is to see and compare their winning records against the Jets record.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if already Christopher Johnson has someone in mind for the head coaching position.  Let's also see how many candidates drop out of the running to be the Jets head coach. 

I expect Schitty since we all know Chris and Woody are doing the picking

20 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

They haven't really gotten one hire correct yet... Think about it. 20 years ownership and we've had what 5 GM's?   5 HC's???     

People point to REX but he was a flash in the pan and I would argue was the beginning of the end.   He was part of NO decent personnel moves and all his good players were here when he got here.  

Rex was by far their best hire in 20 years and they threw him under the bus with the Sanchez contract, Tebow trade and Woody meddling in multiple drafts and free agent moves thinking he’s Jerry Jones

I will keep saying this - Woody needs to learn from the Knicks who are 4-3 and beating good teams and make the obvious move at Coach

E53C77B4-0256-4BEF-BCD0-139B37627AA9.jpeg.97a06a71feb48cdc982fd05ac955c520.jpeg

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Rex was by far their best hire in 20 years and they threw him under the bus with the Sanchez contract, Tebow trade and Woody meddling in multiple drafts and free agent moves thinking he’s Jerry Jones

I will keep saying this - Woody needs to learn from the Knicks who are 4-3 and beating good teams and make the obvious move at Coach

E53C77B4-0256-4BEF-BCD0-139B37627AA9.jpeg.97a06a71feb48cdc982fd05ac955c520.jpeg

Very sad that I agree he was the best hire in 20 years but REX did nothing to help the whole team. Completely ignored offense and was a frat boy after wins. Look at real coaches after a big win. They are cool and calm, planning next week. Rex???  He got out coached in 2 AFC champ games, lost 3 in a row in 2011 to from 8-5 to 8-8.   I can't ever imagine him asking tanny.. get me some help for mark. No... we draft Kyle Wilson when Gronk is a few spots from being taken by the Pats.   FUKK REX.   Look at Buffalo. Their defense got worse under him. He is a relic from an NFL that has died years ago.