Woody will be back running the Jets 1/20/21

3 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Thoughts.   

Woody Johnson = the most undercover meddler in the NFL.  

Woody Johnson = the solitary cause of Jets fans misery since purchasing the team.

Chris Johnson = Woody Johnson mini-me

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Woody is by no measure good, but Chris proved himself without question to be the unquestionably far bigger dumbass of the Johnson brothers, to a point beyond what we ever could have even imagined.

I think every single major Jets decision has been Woody's even while on his extended Great Britain vacation. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think every single major Jets decision has been Woody's even while on his extended Great Britain vacation. 

Ofcourse it is.  He has been de facto GM the entire time.  He had a made up job trump gave him because he couldn’t give him a real job in his cabinet

The internet and phones exist

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Woody Johnson = the most undercover meddler in the NFL.  

Woody Johnson = the solitary cause of Jets fans misery since purchasing the team.

Chris Johnson = Woody Johnson mini-me

I'd like to kiss the pinky ring of whoever came up with the nickname "Fredo" for Chris Johnson.

On 1/4/2021 at 3:54 AM, ausman said:

Sell the team to ownership with brains.

Careful what you wish for....people who think the Johnson boys are the worst owners in the league are seriously underestimating how much worse it could be. 

I never understand the hate for Woody & Chris, both appear to have done everything they can to create the right environment for success. they have been prepared to think outside the box, they have tried different approaches(Koran Ferry, Charley Casserly), they still appear to be flexible in how they view the correct structure for the organisation and how to find the right talent. They have laid down big money when it’s been asked of them, I can’t think of an example where they’ve balked at investing dollars whether it be player contracts(Mo, Trumaine, Revis, CJ Mosley) or front office stricture(giving JD his 6 year deal and carte blanche to change the scouting structure) or backed the GM when he’s wanted to shift the best player on the team (Adams). Crucially neither has ever given the impression that it’s their way or the highway and that they know better. They have always operated collaboratively and when it comes time to front up and take the heat for another disappointing year they are front and center, taking the heat off the GM or coach.

They have built as good a training facility as there is in the league and especially where CJ is concerned they have integrated with the players and backed them on matters that are close the players hearts.
Clearly they haven’t got it right and have made plenty of missteps but it hasn’t been for the want of trying and they have about 29 other owners for company when it comes to searching for that magic formula

I think people just look at Woody & Chris as an easy dog to kick, blame them rather than swallow your pride and admit that you were wrong about that GM, coach, player etc etc.

When our new coach is announced, watch as those who hate the choice immediately blame CJ while those who like it all hail the mighty JD.

Jets fans, we get what we deserve 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Careful what you wish for....people who think the Johnson boys are the worst owners in the league are seriously underestimating how much worse it could be. 

I never understand the hate for Woody & Chris, both appear to have done everything they can to create the right environment for success. they have been prepared to think outside the box, they have tried different approaches(Koran Ferry, Charley Casserly), they still appear to be flexible in how they view the correct structure for the organisation and how to find the right talent. They have laid down big money when it’s been asked of them, I can’t think of an example where they’ve balked at investing dollars whether it be player contracts(Mo, Trumaine, Revis, CJ Mosley) or front office stricture(giving JD his 6 year deal and carte blanche to change the scouting structure) or backed the GM when he’s wanted to shift the best player on the team (Adams). Crucially neither has ever given the impression that it’s their way or the highway and that they know better. They have always operated collaboratively and when it comes time to front up and take the heat for another disappointing year they are front and center, taking the heat off the GM or coach.

They have built as good a training facility as there is in the league and especially where CJ is concerned they have integrated with the players and backed them on matters that are close the players hearts.
Clearly they haven’t got it right and have made plenty of missteps but it hasn’t been for the want of trying and they have about 29 other owners for company when it comes to searching for that magic formula

I think people just look at Woody & Chris as an easy dog to kick, blame them rather than swallow your pride and admit that you were wrong about that GM, coach, player etc etc.

When our new coach is announced, watch as those who hate the choice immediately blame CJ while those who like it all hail the mighty JD.

You applying for a job or something?

2 hours ago, jgb said:

You applying for a job or something?

Lol no, I have a pretty good one already!....they can be criticised for sure but it just goes way over the top here  and they could just as easily sell to a madcap, egotist nutter with even less of a clue....a Shad Khan taking control of the roster, or a Daniel Snyder with his toxic environment.

Say what you want but they appear to have fostered a positive culture within the organisation and supported the people they have employed. The only real toxicity was between the GM and Jamal Adams, and that was squarely the fault of Joe Douglas. CJ tolerated that and backed his GM. People think they meddle but if anything they maintain a sensible level of engagement in team affairs while leaving the coach and GM to do their jobs, some could even argue they don’t meddle enough by not firing Gase sooner.

We are ok with the Johnson brothers, we just have to hope that hiring Douglas was indeed the right move after so many missteps.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

This is complete garbage. Honestly it is such a terrible post, I don't like saying that but I read this three times and just wow.

You basically said --

Owners:  Trying hard, build a great building, lose a ton of games and the team is the laughing stock of the league. The owner coming back has been in the national news for the wrong reasons but hey the building is great and they are all trying.

Fans:  Deserve the losing because they support the team and are vocal about being fed up with the longest non playoff streak in the league.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Lol no, I have a pretty good one already!....they can be criticised for sure but it just goes way over the top here  and they could just as easily sell to a madcap, egotist nutter with even less of a clue....a Shad Khan taking control of the roster, or a Daniel Snyder with his toxic environment.

Say what you want but they appear to have fostered a positive culture within the organisation and supported the people they have employed. The only real toxicity was between the GM and Jamal Adams, and that was squarely the fault of Joe Douglas. CJ tolerated that and backed his GM. People think they meddle but if anything they maintain a sensible level of engagement in team affairs while leaving the coach and GM to do their jobs, some could even argue they don’t meddle enough by not firing Gase sooner.

We are ok with the Johnson brothers, we just have to hope that hiring Douglas was indeed the right move after so many missteps.

The Director of Media Relations left last year. Oh and what happened to the team president that was here for years?

The only toxicity was between the GM and Jamal Adams?  CJ hired Adam Gase and it has been nothing but infighting and back stabbing since then.