Woody will be back running the Jets 1/20/21

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So the garbage part was in response to your first post. And it may have been harsh, actually having re-read that I responded stronger than I wanted to. My bad on the wording choice. But I was responding to two things:

1. Saying we have great owners because of the facility that we built.  This has provided zero on field advantage for the Jets. Other than getting Brett Favre to come here, it has had no benefit. This team is hurt and a record pace, so the facility is having zero impact on injuries. They got a sweet tax deal and built a nice building. Good story, but that doesn't make them good owners from the fans perspective.  They fire coaches every few years and start over. Jets ownership hasn't been good in anyway.

2. Jets fans, we get what we deserve.  I think this is the part that I was really responding to. Maybe I misunderstood what this means. But the way I read it, Jets fans are getting blamed for the mistakes Woody makes.

Thanks for the clarification and appreciate the kind words.

1 - I would be stretching any argument to say we had ‘great’ owners and that wasn’t what I was intending to say if it was interpreted as such. The injury situation is a valid point that I hadn’t considered and I personally think this is a major issue that goes back to last year, whether this is a Gase issue or a wider staffing problem is now up to JD to rectify, it is entirely possible the facility isn’t helping but it could also be other factors such as conditioning regime and preparation habits.
All I’ve ever heard is that the players and coaches have state of the art facilities which is theoretically a draw to people when considering coming to the Jets whether tat be coaches or players. Either way the Johnson’s didn’t hold back in investing huge amounts of money to provide those facilities, the tax breaks notwithstanding, but I take your point on board and appreciate the perspective.

2 - Yeah I take that bit back!...as explained elsewhere 

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

If I could chime in...I've stated on numerous occasions exactly what Scott said and while the Korn Ferry/Casserly debacle appear to show they want outside help, they do not have the business acumen to even interview. I have worked with Fortune 500 CEO's, mid market companies etc. Personally worked for the CEO of Delta at PWC, Ken Langone and many others. Trust me, they would use a recruitment firm to hire talent as their time is valuable. BUT..  they would do the final interview as they have seen success and failure in themselves and countless colleagues and they know the difference. When Chris says Gase and he are in synch etc... it shows how fukking stupid Chris is. Woody walking the sidelines, very present during Hard Knocks etc. All signs that top owner do not do.  Smart businessmen do it drastically differently than the Johnsons as they possess an innate skill that is developed over years of real experience.

Can you imagine a top exec leaving his company to be a figurehead ambassador and leave a billion dollar business to his un accomplished brother?

Good post and yes I don’t disagree with the reality that KornFerry was a colossal failure, and not the only one under their watch, my point has never been that we have a top owner, it’s just that if we think it can’t possibly get worse we are wrong, it almost certainly can, and if any franchise can find a.way to plumb new depths it is surely the Jets....not by any means an endorsement but reason pause for thought. 
While the execution has been abysmal, they do at least show a understanding of their failings

7 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Good post and yes I don’t disagree with the reality that KornFerry was a colossal failure, and not the only one under their watch, my point has never been that we have a top owner, it’s just that if we think it can’t possibly get worse we are wrong, it almost certainly can, and if any franchise can find a.way to plumb new depths it is surely the Jets....not by any means an endorsement but reason pause for thought. 
While the execution has been abysmal, they do at least show a understanding of their failings

Understood but how much worse could it get???  We almost went winless and literally haven't been competitive in 5 years.   How sad for us.

6 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Careful what you wish for....people who think the Johnson boys are the worst owners in the league are seriously underestimating how much worse it could be. 

I never understand the hate for Woody & Chris, both appear to have done everything they can to create the right environment for success. 

The Jets have the longest active playoff drought in the NFL, and just wrapped up a 2-14 season.

You, Woody and Chris Johnson can GFY's.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Careful what you wish for....people who think the Johnson boys are the worst owners in the league are seriously underestimating how much worse it could be. 

I never understand the hate for Woody & Chris, both appear to have done everything they can to create the right environment for success. they have been prepared to think outside the box, they have tried different approaches(Koran Ferry, Charley Casserly), they still appear to be flexible in how they view the correct structure for the organisation and how to find the right talent. They have laid down big money when it’s been asked of them, I can’t think of an example where they’ve balked at investing dollars whether it be player contracts(Mo, Trumaine, Revis, CJ Mosley) or front office stricture(giving JD his 6 year deal and carte blanche to change the scouting structure) or backed the GM when he’s wanted to shift the best player on the team (Adams). Crucially neither has ever given the impression that it’s their way or the highway and that they know better. They have always operated collaboratively and when it comes time to front up and take the heat for another disappointing year they are front and center, taking the heat off the GM or coach.

They have built as good a training facility as there is in the league and especially where CJ is concerned they have integrated with the players and backed them on matters that are close the players hearts.
Clearly they haven’t got it right and have made plenty of missteps but it hasn’t been for the want of trying and they have about 29 other owners for company when it comes to searching for that magic formula

I think people just look at Woody & Chris as an easy dog to kick, blame them rather than swallow your pride and admit that you were wrong about that GM, coach, player etc etc.

When our new coach is announced, watch as those who hate the choice immediately blame CJ while those who like it all hail the mighty JD.

Jets fans, we get what we deserve 

The hate for Woody makes absolutely no sense, the hate for Chris makes complete sense.  We've become a laughingstock under Chris when we were one of the better AFC franchise's during the woody years

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The hate for Woody makes absolutely no sense, the hate for Chris makes complete sense.  We've become a laughingstock under Chris when we were one of the better AFC franchise's during the woody years

and what's Left after the " Johnson years "..

giphy.gif

?

8 hours ago, redlichtie said:

In fairness, they have had plenty of practice lol.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Woody told Korn Ferry that the new GM had to keep Rex. If you go back to those interviews list the candidates were guys who were on no ones radar. The parameters of the job were silly. 

Three candidates, reached by ESPNNewYork.com, described their interviews as unusual because no so-called football people were in the room. It was Hughes, Johnson and team president Neil Glat and Johnson's attorney, Ira Akselrad.

"It was strange, to say the least," said one candidate, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Let's just say there wasn't a lot of X's and O's talk."

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Woody told Korn Ferry that the new GM had to keep Rex. If you go back to those interviews list the candidates were guys who were on no ones radar. The parameters of the job were silly. 

Three candidates, reached by ESPNNewYork.com, described their interviews as unusual because no so-called football people were in the room. It was Hughes, Johnson and team president Neil Glat and Johnson's attorney, Ira Akselrad.

"It was strange, to say the least," said one candidate, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Let's just say there wasn't a lot of X's and O's talk."

And people think Belichick quitting the day after having a call with Woody was just a coincidence