Could history repeat itself?

riggy001

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you just see his decision to not go for 3 easy FG and tie the game he failed to get a 4th down conversion. 

4 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Yes, thats what prompted my post....

Wow one play during the silly season. Way to weigh all the evidence lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, riggy001 said:

Pederson is making some terrible decisions, and could be fired this week. Similar situation to when Miami fired Gase, and we hired him.

How about this history instead. Ladt time we sucked this bad we hired a great coach who got us to 9-7 and 12-4 the next two years.  I like this one better. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

History will repeat itself in that the Johnsons will colossally cock up whatever happens the next few months. 

yup.  No matter what the situation... we can always trust Woody Johnson (and any of his mongrel family that he puts in charge while vacationing in London) to make the absolute worst decision.  Dumbest motherfkg owner in all of sports.  20+ years of Hell because of this doofus.

• Upvote 2

Pederson did the organization a solid! They went from 9 to 6 in the draft, that's HUGE in this draft if you follow the mock drafts. 

Lawrence- Fields- Sewell- Wilson. 

Now look at the players staring the Eagles in eye (Devonta Smith?, Kyle Pitts? Waddle?) 

Plus they screwed the Giants their nemesis out of a playoff spot! That's huge & the reason they have division rivalries. 

I would having been laughing my azz off if the Jets coach was making these moves to move up in the draft & simultaneously knocking Miami, Pats, or Bills out of the playoffs! It was making Collinsworth & Micheals cringe but it was the right thing to do for the long run! 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

No, Pederson has actually had success.

Only 1 miami HC has made the playoffs since 2009 and that's Adam Gase.  Also miami made only one other playoffs app since 2002 and they only made that one because Brady missed the season.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The NFL really needs to consider some type of lottery. Let's say the the losers of each of the 8 divisions. Tiebreaker rules for the playoffs determine division losers.

Current system is a black eye for the NFL.

No team with a losing record should get a playoff berth. May be fair to have an 8-8 division winner, but the 7-win WFT getting in and hosting a game while the 10-win Dolphins sit home is  a joke. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The NFL really needs to consider some type of lottery. Let's say the the losers of each of the 8 divisions. Tiebreaker rules for the playoffs determine division losers.

I don’t trust it . The Pats would have won the lottery this year and got TL. Just like the Penguins and Rangers magically win the lottery the one time every 10 years they have a bad year . 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I don’t trust it . The Pats would have won the lottery this year and got TL. Just like the Penguins and Rangers magically win the lottery the one time every 10 years they have a bad year . 

They would not in my proposed system. In the system I suggested, only the last place teams in each division (8) would qualify for the lottery. The worst a last place team could do is place 8th. It would jumble some of the other positions for the draft, but so be it. Let's give the worst of each division (regardless of division strength) a 1 in 8 shot at the number # pick.

It would eliminate most tanking for a particular player.

The NFL by and large is a league for betting, and they are going to get into some disputes because of alleged tanking of games.

Hold the lottery during half time of the Pro Bowl game, which will boost the audience for that game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

They would not in my proposed system. In the system I suggested, only the last place teams in each division (8) would qualify for the lottery. The worst a last place team could do is place 8th. It would jumble some of the other positions for the draft, but so be it. Let's give the worst of each division (regardless of division strength) a 1 in 8 shot at the number # pick.

It would eliminate most tanking for a particular player.

The NFL by and large is a league for betting, and they are going to get into some disputes because of alleged tanking of games.

Hold the lottery during half time of the Pro Bowl game, which will boost the audience for that game.

For halftime only.  I wouldn't watch the Pro Bowl game if they paid me $10 to watch. Now if they paid me $50/$100 I might be able to pry my eyes open for 3 hours ?

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Only 1 miami HC has made the playoffs since 2009 and that's Adam Gase.  Also miami made only one other playoffs app since 2002 and they only made that one because Brady missed the season.

and what did that have to do with Gase? His offense stunk. 

Are you really arguing that Gase is successful? 

51D68DB1-3C9E-423E-A4BF-5CA5F6F12FBE.jpeg

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

and what did that have to do with Gase? His offense stunk. 

Are you really arguing that Gase is successful? 

51D68DB1-3C9E-423E-A4BF-5CA5F6F12FBE.jpeg

He was the HC not OC and yes he has had some success. That doesn't mean he's good but when you make the only real playoff app for a tab in the last 20 years you've had some success

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Current system isnt perfect but the lottery system is even worse as proven by the ridiculous league known as the NBA time and time again.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He was the HC not OC and yes he has had some success. That doesn't mean he's good but when you make the only real playoff app for a tab in the last 20 years you've had some success

It's well known that he did not even go to defensive meetings. How is that being a HC? That's being a coordinator in chief and when you're the CiC, if your side of the ball sucks then how are you involved in that success?