The Next HC Of The NYJ Will Be...

Note sure. I think that JD will be heartily recommended to go after Matt Campbell. 

Teams tend to hire someone very opposite than what they had. 

Much of it depends on how much JD wants someone familiar  or if he will just look for the best candidate.

QB plan will be at the top of the list of questions on what the head coach wants to do at the position. 

Greg Roman seems like the logical guy but I just get this feeling we wind up with someone like Campbell. Rhule and KK are both looking like good HC hires and JD will take note of that.

BTW, I suspect Gase winds up in Alabama as OC

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Note sure. I think that JD will be heartily recommended to go after Matt Campbell. 

Teams tend to hire someone very opposite than what they had. 

Much of it depends on how much JD wants someone familiar  or if he will just look for the best candidate.

QB plan will be at the top of the list of questions on what the head coach wants to do at the position. 

Greg Roman seems like the logical guy but I just get this feeling we wind up with someone like Campbell. Rhule and KK are both looking like good HC hires and JD will take note of that.

BTW, I suspect Gase winds up in Alabama as OC

Rhule and KK are borderline disasters 

• Thumb Down 5

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

“We're not a five-star football factory,” Campbell said. “We don't have any five-star players. And shoot, we’ve only got one or two four-star players. But what we are is we're a group of people that have cared about each other, and are willing to go to work to become the best versions of ourselves we can be.”

Sounds a little Disney teen sports movie to me. Hopefully he can adapt his style to fit the pros and won’t introduce a team fight song like Lou Holtz.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sounds a little Disney teen sports movie to me. Hopefully he can adapt his style to fit the pros and won’t introduce a team fight song like Lou Holtz.

There are 2 kinds of winning college coaches: 1) great recruiters and 2) great coaches. Never hire a great recruiter to coach in the NFL.

• Upvote 2