Lets just get right to it.....

I'm mostly even on both with a slight nod to Fields. Both have great talent and high ceilings. They have the tangibles, and intangibles that a good coach and support system can mold into an amazing talent. It'll take some more evaluation through the natty, the combine, pro days, interviews etc. 

We'll see though. It all comes down to who JD and our new coach like the most, and I have some trust in that evaluation. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Fields.

I want to study Wilson a little more, but Fields is way ahead for me. Bigger, better athlete with seemingly good leadership qualities and none of the injury history that Wilson has. 

I was leaning towards Wilson. But what Fields did to Clemson was extraordinary.  He erased the demons of his prior loss and went head to head with Trevor. And had the guts to stay in there after taking a viscous hit.  No brainer a this point.  After the victory he was very humble as well, paying tribute to his teammates.  

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Don't like either. Fields is a catastrophe waiting to happen but he will be the pick. He's Vince Younging his way to it.

He needs the right coaching. Greg Roman would be ideal with his skillset. But yeah, think he's going to be an interception machine. 

I don't get the comparison.  Both have a great ability to run but Vince Young was by most accounts a dummy.  Fields is a super bright kid. 

• Upvote 1

Fields, easily.

If someone like Carolina, Atlanta or San Fran wants to gamble on Wilson, then by all means.

No way we take a dainty built QB who already has two surgically repaired shoulders at #2.

Douglas will use the bulk of FA and the draft continuing to build the OL, get a legit #1 wideout and add some talent at EDGE and CB. And he’s taking Fields to stick behind center.

Fields has always been 1B to Trevor's 1A, we shouldn't let a bad game against NW with 22 players out change that. If he plays well in the championship game this wont' be much of a question. Superb athlete, tough, and per reports has great leadership qualities. This should be a slam dunk.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Icer said:

Fields has always been 1B to Trevor's 1A, we shouldn't let a bad game against NW with 22 players out change that. If he plays well in the championship game this wont' be much of a question. Superb athlete, tough, and per reports has great leadership qualities. This should be a slam dunk.

It is a slam dunk to 32 of 32 GMs. Also, it's not yet known how extensive Fields' rib injury is. A strong performance in the nat'l championship might solidify his stock, but a bad one won't harm it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, #90 said:

It's a two horse race.....

Our next QB, Fields or Wilson with the 2nd pick?

Preference? Thoughts???

I reject your premise.

I think all options are on the table.

Darnold.  Fields.  Wilson.  Some other later QB (Trask or the others).  A Free Agent.  A Trade (like Stafford).

I won't be surprised if any of them happen, and I'm not emotionally investing in a QB at #2 at all.  It's one option of many.

Lets see who the next Head Coach is, that will tell us alot to start.

12 hours ago, #90 said:

It's a two horse race.....

Our next QB, Fields or Wilson with the 2nd pick?

Preference? Thoughts???

Would have made it even if not for shoulder surgeries on both of Wilson's arms and his smaller frame plus he only has very little experience against bad competition where Fields is playing much higher competition and has more experience at least twice as much doing it. At this point in my mind it is Fields or Lawrence I would take the chance on at #2 since if the QB hype train flies off the rails like it always does and Fields wins the National Title, Jax could end up selecting him to go along with coaching from Ohio state. If that occurs then we go with Lawrence. No friggen trade down as we have plenty of picks even in 2021 if we then trade Darnold we will have 9 picks left after using #2 on the QB with 5 in the top 100 to get prospects at OL, WR, RB, Edge, and CB and then still have a 4th, two 5ths, and a seventh to get more depth at OL,  TE, and CB. Even if FA is problematic with the top tier players like WR Robinson or G Thuney not wanting to come here, we will still get some FAs that our hopefully good next coaching staff can get a lot out of. Heck HC Thibs with the Knicks has FA players like Guard Rivers, a Center named Noel, etc. for God's sake that were considered laughable FAs playing at a very high level and helping them beat teams like the Bucks and Pacers that are Title contenders. Plus he took PF Randle and is turning him into a superstar in one offseason. The HC is going to be the most important pick that needs to be hit on which we need JD to make the right choice with and ownership to just sign off on it.