Jets HC interview requests

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Sorry. Don’t buy it.

He wasn’t to be a HC

What's there to buy? Your question presumes that he comes here to be an OC and questions the lateral move. I can only guess to prove himself. Otherwise I couldn't think of a reason. Why leave a well greased machine for a lateral move to the Jets unless people are saying you have little to do with that well greased machine and you feel you need to get out of AR's shadow.

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

What's there to buy? Your question presumes that he comes here to be an OC and questions the lateral move. I can only guess to prove himself. Otherwise I couldn't think of a reason. Why leave a well greased machine for a lateral move to the Jets unless people are saying you have little to do with that well greased machine and you feel you need to get out of AR's shadow.

Not sure what the confusion is here. 

My initial post was in response to someone predicting that Bieniemy will be the OC here. My question was meant to imply that there is no chance of that happening. 

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Why would Bieniemy leave the Chiefs to make a lateral move and become the OC her

because he hasn't been an "OC"... he's a clipboard holder & Everyone knows it.... if he can prove himself a Legit OC then maybe he can Actually become a HC. 

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Initially, I was meh...but after looking at his background I am very intrigued.

• Played QB in college

• Defensive coach in pros

• Visionary 

• High energy

• Great communicator

That’s got “ceo” written all over it

Very Intrigued as well.  ESPN did an article on him calling him the Sean McVay of defense.. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30663776/the-sean-mcvay-defense-former-division-iii-coordinator-brandon-staley-latest-los-angeles-rams-coaching-wunderkind

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

• Played QB in college

• Visionary 

• High energy

• Great communicator

McVay coaching tree

1 hour ago, section314 said:

So did Eberflus. Buffalo scores 27 points in a half some games.

why would you consider Eberflus?  his defense did not confuse or slow down Allen.. 26/35 324 2 and a rusing TD.  he would have to play Allen 2x a year.  For me that would eliminate Eberflus.  

13 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Staley interviewing tomorrow, as are Daboll and Eberflus:

Staley moved up my list today. He called a great game against the Hawks.

Sure, their front four we getting home but I was still impressed that he never put his team into a soft zone with a lead. The "protect the lead" soft zone is the worst "group think" thing in football. It has its place like say at the end of the Raiders/Dolphins game this year but all you do with soft zone is give the opponent points and momentum.

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

• Played QB in college

• Visionary 

• High energy

• Great communicator

Relative to what someone needs to know to figure out who should be the head coach, I know nothing. But if Staley is able to offer a good vision of what he wants schematically on both sides of the ball and a nice staff he wants to put together...he might actually be the strongest candidate in the group of guys who seem to be considered - by the Jets and other teams.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, DeerPark said:

why would you consider Eberflus?  his defense did not confuse or slow down Allen.. 26/35 324 2 and a rusing TD.  he would have to play Allen 2x a year.  For me that would eliminate Eberflus.  

The Colts had the season they had chiefly because of their defense. Buffalo will have a much easier time on offense in their next game.

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

The Colts had the season they had chiefly because of their defense. Buffalo will have a much easier time on offense in their next game.

this might be true, but this is the playoffs, show me something that would make me say he can slow down Allen who we would be playing twice a year.  if he was our HC and the defense allowed those stats twice a year, we all would be calling for him to be fired

Interview requests:

• Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy 

• Titans OC Arthur Smith

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus 

• Rams DC Brandon Staley 

• Giants DC Patrick Graham 

Saints Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Marvin Lewis

• Florida Gators HC Dan Mullen

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

Interviews completed:

• Marvin Lewis

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

Signed with other teams:

• Giants DC Patrick Graham - back to NYG

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Interview requests:

• Titans OC Arthur Smith

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus 

• Rams DC Brandon Staley 

Saints Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Marvin Lewis

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

Interviews completed:

• Marvin Lewis

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

Signed with other teams:

When did we interview Mullen?

4 hours ago, QB1 said:

Are these interviews or screenings? How can we expect Daboll to do an in depth interview about his vision for our team coming off a playoff game and doing another interview for the chargers just a couple of hours later?

1st round preliminary stuff.....

I assume they’ll invite the guys that stand out in for 2nd interviews which will be more in-depth about team vision and the sorts 

Interview requests:

• Titans OC Arthur Smith

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus 

• Rams DC Brandon Staley 

• Saints Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Marvin Lewis

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

Interviews completed:

• Marvin Lewis

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Panthers OC Joe Brady

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

Signed with other teams:

Thanks for this

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

This just seems like such a shotgun approach... especially for a GM that is a football lifer.  I would expect he has plenty of connections and would know who he wants as a coach and vice versa.  So many interviews actually worries me a bit.

Why overlook candidates? Find whoever fits best. Not hire them because you’re buddies from a previous job. 

44 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Why overlook candidates? Find whoever fits best. Not hire them because you’re buddies from a previous job. 

Not about hiring a buddy.  I would expect he knows what he wants in traits, personality, etc.  Being in the business as long as he has, I’d expect he has in mind coaches that meet what he wants.  Also the team is coming off two losing seasons under his watch. Does he go risky with someone little coaching experience or NFL experience or with someone he has no experience with? I have no problem with interviewing several candidates but the wide net approach appears to me that they have no clue.