Jets HC interview requests

15 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I cant help but wonder how differently this HC search would go if we had held on to the 1st overall pick. Do you think Urban Myer would be coming out of retirement for THE JAGS, of all teams, if it wasn't for them getting Trevor Lawrence? I mean, maybe he was willing to coach them regardless but that job looks like a completely different opportunity with TL than without him. 

I can't help but wonder how much better the Jets job would have looked if we hadn't screwed up getting that pick. Hopefully Fields repeats his performance from last week and dominates the predraft process so that the gap between him and TL is lessened come draft day. 

Eh, I doubt it. Besides, if Urban Meyer really wanted Fields to be his QB as coach, but the Jags were dead set on Lawrence, then Meyer would do better to come here to coach instead of the Jags since the Jets may very well draft Fields at #2.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we land him we might finally have ourselves a steady pipeline of former Colts DB's.

Step one:  Trade for and sign every defensive back the Colts decide is not good enough. Step two:  Hire the guy that dumped them as head coach.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He sucked.  He proved that in Cleveland.  He was never even a credible coordinator.  Sucked, sucked, sucked.  Mishandled Favre.  Mishandled Revis and that D.  Sucked in game.  Was a micromanaging douchebag.  Did I mention he sucked?  Herm was considerably better as Jets coach.   If Mangini stayed as Jets coach, Revis is James Hasty.

Hasty was a favorite of mine in my early pre-internet fandom. While Revis was better, how would he have been like Hasty?

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

Hasty was a favorite of mine in my early pre-internet fandom. While Revis was better, how would he have been like Hasty?

I liked Hasty a ton.  Good corner a far distance from Greatest of All-Time. 

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've got a question for every one of these candidates.  I'll start with Eberflus...

Who are you and how do we pronounce your name?

How far do you have to lean in to hear what Andy Reid tells Patrick Mahomes to do?

Is there enough room in Florham Park for both your bald head and Joe Douglas'?

How hard was it to coach Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey while usually having a lead in every game?

Who are you?

How hard was it to coach Ryan Tannehill to hand off the ball to Derrick Henry 25 times per game and then throw to AJ Brown when you weren't rushing behind that stellar offensive line?

Hilarious.  So this sounds like Daboll is, hands down, the best candidate here.

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ok so I just saw atlanta falcons have done and completed thier interviews with biememy and the sf def guy...

How the hell they get that done but we haven't done a single one

Because the Atlanta owner isn't a moron like our owner?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, viffer said:

Because the Atlanta owner isn't a moron like our owner?

Also because they fired their HC in about week 5, so had a slight head start in the process.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
50 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ok so I just saw atlanta falcons have done and completed thier interviews with biememy and the sf def guy...

They fired their coach months ago, it's Tuesday and we just fired Gase Sunday night.

Why haven't the Jets requested permission to interview Saleh yet?

15 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Jets interview requests as of Monday night:

Colts DC Matt Eberflus

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy

Bills OC Brian Daboll

Rams DC Brandon Staley

Giants DC Patrick Graham

Titans OC Arthur Smith 

Falcons have already completed 2 interviews in their process.

Good thing we held on to Gasehole.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They fired their coach months ago, it's Tuesday and we just fired Gase Sunday night.

Why haven't the Jets requested permission to interview Saleh yet?

There's no Rooney rule for the Lebanese?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Also because they fired their HC in about week 5, so had a slight head start in the process.

They should just stick with Radio Raheem they played better with him 

59 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Maybe Woody grew a brain and is actually trying to get Jim Harbaugh 

• Haha 1
On 1/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, FlightBoyz said:

Can't wait to see Jets put in request to interview Matt Campbell. But very happy with the list so far. 

do you actually need to put in a request to interview a college coach?  i assumed putting in formal requests only applied to someone on another nfl teams' coaching staff

• Upvote 1
Just now, jetblue95 said:

do you actually need to put in a request to interview a college coach?  i assumed putting in formal requests only applied to someone on another nfl teams' coaching staff

Sure you do if they are under contract 

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've got a question for every one of these candidates.  I'll start with Eberflus...

Who are you and how do we pronounce your name?

How far do you have to lean in to hear what Andy Reid tells Patrick Mahomes to do?

Is there enough room in Florham Park for both your bald head and Joe Douglas'?

How hard was it to coach Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey while usually having a lead in every game?

Who are you?

How hard was it to coach Ryan Tannehill to hand off the ball to Derrick Henry 25 times per game and then throw to AJ Brown when you weren't rushing behind that stellar offensive line?

Hmm, based purely on these questions, it looks to me like Eberflus and Daboll are the best candidates.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol

They will be doing zoom interviews.  At least for the preliminary interviews.  They can probably do all 6 interviews in 2 days.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The Johnson's can't get Zoom access on their yacht filled with Russian hookers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

lol

They will be doing zoom interviews.  At least for the preliminary interviews.  They can probably do all 6 interviews in 2 days.

Yep. I imagine with everything being done remotely this process should go faster than usual.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hmm, based purely on these questions, it looks to me like Eberflus and Daboll are the best candidates.

Eberflus is interesting

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sure you do if they are under contract 

No, they don't. They just have to pay the fee to get him released from his contract if he has one. The Nfl and ncaa don't have an agreement when it comes to this. 

19 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Actually, that was my point...if they had fired Gase long ago, we would be way ahead in the search.