Jets HC interview requests

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How would anyone know? ?

We’ll, at least the 7 people that gave it a smiley emoji got it.  

In all seriousness, I do not think the Johnsons are cheap.  I don’t believe the reason for bad choices has anything to do with money,  I believe they do care about winning and will spend when necessary.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We’ll, at least the 7 people that gave it a smiley emoji got it.  

In all seriousness, I do not think the Johnsons are cheap.  I don’t believe the reason for bad choices has anything to do with money,  I believe they do care about winning and will spend when necessary.

Or 7 smiled at you, lol

I'll admit, I'm a little sensitive to the lazy money excuse, my bad

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Eh, I doubt it. Besides, if Urban Meyer really wanted Fields to be his QB as coach, but the Jags were dead set on Lawrence, then Meyer would do better to come here to coach instead of the Jags since the Jets may very well draft Fields at #2.

Yes that would be true, if that were the case. But it's most likely certainly not the case.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, southtown24th said:

Put me down for: NOT ANOTHER HOT NAME COORDINATOR

I want an Executive.

A visionary.

A leader of men.  All men.

Enough with the one sided coordinators.  Haven't we learned our lesson already? Christmas.

It's a very good thing all you guys are starting to follow my lead lol...

49 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Anyone else surprised that Martindale and Roman haven’t received requests from any teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Lombardi @mlombardiNFL

I cannot understand how Don Wink Martindale is not getting close looks. Experience does matter--and examine the 3-year defensive numbers for Baltimore. First in 10 statiscal areas that matter.

Martindale is much like Bill Parcells--both former linebacker coaches train by Al Davis-- smart, sees the big picture, can handle players and understands players and plays. Parcells learned from Al, so did Wink.

• Upvote 2

A Jets fan asked him about college coaches and not hearing anything on that front. 

I feel like with him replying to the Jets fan he is probably saying indirectly we are one of those teams. 

or not. Maybe it’s nothing. But I’ll still post it here just in case. 

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

He is literally in position to demand anything he wants right now..

bs

the whole eli thing should never be allowed again. if you want to play in the nfl, you follow the draft rules which are ridiculously fair. eli is an ass as is his dad and brother.

and what can he really demand? to play only for the chargers because he likes the weather and for 100 million for 3 years?! he CANNOT demand what he wants

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

bs

the whole eli thing should never be allowed again. if you want to play in the nfl, you follow the draft rules which are ridiculously fair. eli is an ass as is his dad and brother.

and what can he really demand? to play only for the chargers because he likes the weather and for 100 million for 3 years?! he CANNOT demand what he wants

You're just being dense. There is actual precedent beyond Eli.

He can demand any number of things mainly that Jax trade the 1 pick, and every team in the league would jump at the shot except for a small handful. I dont think he will, but he could do it. 

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

You're just being dense. There is actual precedent beyond Eli.

He can demand any number of things mainly that Jax trade the 1 pick, and every team in the league would jump at the shot except for a small handful. I dont think he will, but he could do it. 

Oh im sorry. Did i personally attack you? To deserve being called dense? 

Just now, HighPitch said:

Oh im sorry. Did i personally attack you? To deserve being called dense? 

If just being called dense triggers you, what are you doing on an internet message board? I would worry less about that part, and more about the actual post. 

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
Titans OC Arthur Smith
Bills OC Brian Daboll
Colts DC Matt Eberflus
Rams DC Brandon Staley
Giants DC Patrick Graham

All coordinators ???

Unquestionable control for JD. All people that shouldnt have an issue working under him. 

That's my best guess. 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If just being called dense triggers you, what are you doing on an internet message board? I would worry less about that part, and more about the actual post. 

Not triggered at all.

just wondering why it was necessary since I didnt personally attack you.

instead of focusing on the content, you had a chance to realize that it wasnt called for and simply say “my bad” or whatever but instead you double down.

so its instead a reflection of you and of your parents, your character and how they raised You.

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I need to dig more into this Eburflus guy.  There seems to be a fair bit of interest him around the league, so he looks like a legit contender.

Don't know too much about him, so I'm off for an internet trawl.

I believe he was runner up for the cleveland job last year or the kitchens year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

i know this is a bit out there but what about Westhoff? Knows the team, is certainly a leader and knows all aspects of the game. Negative is probably his age but with a bit of a younger staff around him he could groom someone for the future.

It's out there for sure..LOL I always like Westy but he's happy fishing on his boat done here in FL. His time passed years ago but I would have loved to see what he would have done had he got a chance.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

i know this is a bit out there but what about Westhoff? Knows the team, is certainly a leader and knows all aspects of the game. Negative is probably his age but with a bit of a younger staff around him he could groom someone for the future.

lol no

He spent virtually his entire career as a special teams coach. Woody already passed on him with good reason. Great special teams coach but that's his ceiling. 

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
Titans OC Arthur Smith
Bills OC Brian Daboll
Colts DC Matt Eberflus
Rams DC Brandon Staley
Giants DC Patrick Graham

All coordinators ???

Yeah why take a coordinator from a successful side of the field when you could pick a fired HC who sucked on both?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
Titans OC Arthur Smith
Bills OC Brian Daboll
Colts DC Matt Eberflus
Rams DC Brandon Staley
Giants DC Patrick Graham

All coordinators ???

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but NFL teams have to announce when they request interviews of coaches with other teams. The same rule does not apply for college coaches.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Yeah why take a coordinator from a successful side of the field when you could pick a fired HC who sucked on both?

I think to run a football team you need a sufficient amount of brain power investment, in both the coaching staff and the front office. 

On a team where both HC and GM report to the Owner, and the Owner is football clueless, there is no one to align and coordinate the HC and GM.  Combine weak HCs and a weak/new GM, that is the story of the Jets for the last 10 years. 

If the GM is the head of the football operation, there is probably more leeway in hiring a HC that focuses more on one side of the ball, because hopefully there is more coordinated brain power trying to get the team to win. 

The other alternative is to have a dominant HC that the GM practically works for, overseen by an owner/football executive, etc.

Gase was not leading the football operation.  Under Gase, S&C reported to Gase, the GM looked for players, and the Trainers reported to Hymie.  And we wonder why injuries were so bad?   You can’t really argue that JD was finding Gase players either-he did not extend Robby, and his 3rd and 4th round picks were not really contributors.  Davis is a FS when we may already sign another FS, Zuniga is a potential flop, Perine is a versatile RB who basically fits the Gase mold, and Morgan was a long-term backup QB that never saw the active roster.  None of those players were helping the Jets win in 2020.  Gase could not have been part of that plan since he just got fired for losing 14 games. 

There is a lot of room for improvement here, but if the reporting structure is maintained, the HC needs to be much more dominant. 

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Not triggered at all.

just wondering why it was necessary since I didnt personally attack you.

instead of focusing on the content, you had a chance to realize that it wasnt called for and simply say “my bad” or whatever but instead you double down.

so its instead a reflection of you and of your parents, your character and how they raised You.

You are reading WAY too much into that comment lol

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but NFL teams have to announce when they request interviews of coaches with other teams. The same rule does not apply for college coaches.

Yep

Besides that NCAA coach interviews are often kept secret because of recruiting 

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy
Titans OC Arthur Smith
Bills OC Brian Daboll
Colts DC Matt Eberflus
Rams DC Brandon Staley
Giants DC Patrick Graham

All coordinators ???

You can scratch him from the list... He already agreed to a contract extension with the giants.

Patrick Graham: NY Giants keep DC despite NFL head coach interest (northjersey.com)

5 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

lol no

He spent virtually his entire career as a special teams coach. Woody already passed on him with good reason. Great special teams coach but that's his ceiling. 

Woody passed on him for good reason.....? LMFAO. What the F does Woody know about hiring the right guy?

Westhoff should have been the head coach years ago. 

On 1/6/2021 at 1:33 PM, mrcoops said:

I need to dig more into this Eburflus guy.  There seems to be a fair bit of interest him around the league, so he looks like a legit contender.

Don't know too much about him, so I'm off for an internet trawl.

Colts defense has been excellent with him after a complete rebuild using nothing but draft picks he developed