Jim Harbaugh possibly interested in Jets?

Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
SF 2011 13 3 0 .813 1st in NFC West 1 1 .500 Lost to New York Giants in NFC Championship Game
SF 2012 11 4 1 .719 1st in NFC West 2 1 .667 Lost to Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII
SF 2013 12 4 0 .750 2nd in NFC West 2 1 .667 Lost to Seattle Seahawks in NFC Championship Game
SF 2014 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC West
Total 44 19 1 .690   5 3 .625  
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Updated 6:58 AM; Today 6:50 AM

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh may have his eyes on replacing Adam Gase on the New York Jets.AP

By Mike Rosenstein | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Here we go again.
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh might be ready to take a ride on the NFL head coaching carousel following the New York Jets’ decision Sunday to fire Adam Gase. Or Harbaugh might just use the Jets’ opening as leverage for a contract extension with the Wolverines. Per The Athletic:
There is optimism inside Michigan football that a new deal with coach Jim Harbaugh will get wrapped up soon and the contract would be an extension through the 2026 season, a person with knowledge of the matter told The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman. … Harbaugh and Michigan brass are looking forward to his staying on leading the program. Harbaugh and the Wolverines have come through with a strong recruiting class this cycle (ranked No. 14 by 247Sports) in spite of all of the rumors swirling about his future there.

In addition, the Detroit Free Press reports “that decision could come as soon as Monday or be stretched out, but the university expects a decision this week. A multi-year contract extension has been offered to Harbaugh, but as of Saturday evening, no extension has been signed, sources close to the situation told the Free Press. The deal, which was initially offered as a three-year extension, would kick in on Jan. 11. That’s the day each year of Harbaugh’s contract has started since he was hired in 2014. … Harbaugh hasn’t signed it yet because he’s waiting to see if any NFL teams have interest in him as a head coach. … Harbaugh is said to have interest in the New York Jets. ... Harbaugh is also said to be interested in the Los Angeles Chargers job, should it come open.”

However NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero report Harbaugh is one of several college coaches who will be considered by the Jets.

Among the candidates who are slated to be considered are Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, Ravens defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale, Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley to college coaches such as Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh and Florida’s Dan Mullen to everyone in between.

Before returning to his alma mater as Michigan head coach, Harbaugh was with the San Francisco 49ers for four seasons, going 44-19 and leading them to Super Bowl XLVII, which he lost to his brother, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh.
Jim Harbaugh also played 14 years in the NFL from 1987 to 2000. The quarterback had stints with the Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Ravens and San Diego Chargers.

fixed for your eyes.....pulp fiction eyes GIF

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I thought I read somewhere that he signed an extension at Michigan. Was that not true?

Article says he may use Jets as leverage for Michigan contract extension. No more of that crap, determine if it looks like that is the case and do not get caught up in it. It is called reading people and at one point with enough exp. anybody should be able to do it, unless guys like JD were born last Wed.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I also do not like Harbaugh; and to be honest, I will have trouble rooting for any team he coaches - I also don't know if he is the right fit - that being said, he his head and shoulders above most of the people being talked about. I am also split on having yet another rookie HC - it works sometimes, but haven't we had enough of that. Of course, re-treads haven't really worked for us either - LOL...

surprised you are still posting so soon :-)

Just not HCs out there with a lot of exp. that have winning records other than the ones coaching teams like John Harbaugh, Reid, Tomilson, Payton, etc. whose teams won't let them go till they retire. We have to find one from college or a coordinator that becomes a very good HC.

I’m good with Harbaugh. He is a culture builder and proven winner. He made it to Super Bowls and championship games with Alex smith and kaperdoofus. Draft fields, pair with him Harbaugh and LFG! 

He is no Parcells but may be the closest thing out there I think. It would similar to parcells replacing Kotite.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jethead said:

No way Harbaugh will ever play 2nd fiddle to JD or even consider himself a peer. JD would be crazy to fall into this trap. If it's Harbaugh it's because the Woodman said "make it so" and our long walk in the wilderness will continue.

I don't think Harbaugh has a problem working under a GM he respects. It's when he doesn't think the guy knows what he is doing where the problem arises. The fact that Trent Balke was the GM in San Francisco and that after Harbaugh and the Niners issued their mutual parting of the ways press release most of Harbaughs assistants left too, speaks volumes as to where the real problem was in Frisco. I guarantee Jed York feels he made a mistake siding with Balke. BTW how did Balke do in his next GM job? Wasn't he hired by the Jags about 11 months ago?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh may have his eyes on replacing Adam Gase on the New York Jets.AP

Here we go again.
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh might be ready to take a ride on the NFL head coaching carousel following the New York Jets’ decision Sunday to fire Adam Gase. Or Harbaugh might just use the Jets’ opening as leverage for a contract extension with the Wolverines. Per The Athletic:
There is optimism inside Michigan football that a new deal with coach Jim Harbaugh will get wrapped up soon and the contract would be an extension through the 2026 season, a person with knowledge of the matter told The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman. … Harbaugh and Michigan brass are looking forward to his staying on leading the program. Harbaugh and the Wolverines have come through with a strong recruiting class this cycle (ranked No. 14 by 247Sports) in spite of all of the rumors swirling about his future there.

In addition, the Detroit Free Press reports “that decision could come as soon as Monday or be stretched out, but the university expects a decision this week. A multi-year contract extension has been offered to Harbaugh, but as of Saturday evening, no extension has been signed, sources close to the situation told the Free Press. The deal, which was initially offered as a three-year extension, would kick in on Jan. 11. That’s the day each year of Harbaugh’s contract has started since he was hired in 2014. … Harbaugh hasn’t signed it yet because he’s waiting to see if any NFL teams have interest in him as a head coach. … Harbaugh is said to have interest in the New York Jets. ... Harbaugh is also said to be interested in the Los Angeles Chargers job, should it come open.”

However NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero report Harbaugh is one of several college coaches who will be considered by the Jets.

Among the candidates who are slated to be considered are Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, Ravens defensive coordinator Don “Wink” Martindale, Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley to college coaches such as Iowa State’s Matt Campbell, Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh and Florida’s Dan Mullen to everyone in between.

Before returning to his alma mater as Michigan head coach, Harbaugh was with the San Francisco 49ers for four seasons, going 44-19 and leading them to Super Bowl XLVII, which he lost to his brother, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh.
Jim Harbaugh also played 14 years in the NFL from 1987 to 2000. The quarterback had stints with the Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Ravens and San Diego Chargers.

FYP

2 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Here we go again.

probably why chargers just fired Lynn. Harbaugh getting close in talks with Jets but Chargers has been his 1st choice, Jets 2nd. Up to Douglas to close deal woith more money I guess Aand allowing Harbaugh HIGE input to what QB drAFTED

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

This.

I'm as anti-Harbaugh as it gets and I'll take him over any of the Mr. Irrelevant's on our shortlist.

SAR I

you were pro gase but anti Harbaugh? How does that make any sense. Also I hoep you are ok during this post Gase phase of the NY jets, i know you really had high hopes for him. But hopefully soon with the next coaching staff we will all be enjoying wining seasons. 

SF def coordinator might be someonw you like.

28 minutes ago, Jethead said:

No way Harbaugh will ever play 2nd fiddle to JD or even consider himself a peer. JD would be crazy to fall into this trap. If it's Harbaugh it's because the Woodman said "make it so" and our long walk in the wilderness will continue.

I feel like Harbaugh would be ok with JD if there is clear power stucture. I think Harbaugh would respect JD and his football backround more than he did with Balke. and also JD would not and has not shown any Balke liek tendencies. Harbaugh would be very happy with the drafts and probably give input that JD would probabaly listen too. 

WOudnt be first time he takes the QB he has to build a winner.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I feel like Harbaugh would be ok with JD if there is clear power stucture. I think Harbaugh would respect JD and his football backround more than he did with Balke. and also JD would not and has not shown any Balke liek tendencies. Harbaugh would be very happy with the drafts and probably give input that JD would probabaly listen too. 

WOudnt be first time he takes the QB he has to build a winner.

I forget there was a rumored rift with the GM in San Fran when he was there.  JD would have to feel pretty secure with his job/ power to look into Harbaugh.

20 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

NFL rumors: Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh’s ‘interest’ in Jets is holding up contract extension

Major problem just arose. Those close to Harbaugh a week ago said he had interest in 2 jobs,,Jets and Chargers. Chargers JUST fired Lynn. TYPICAL SOJ LUCK

1 minute ago, kelly said:

harbaugh is at the door..    ?...

500.gif

Lynn just fired. I now fear he take Hebert and California over Jets.

ONLY way we win is Joe Douglas reputation he has heard thru his Ravens brother and probably more money and major input on who Jets select at #2

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's going to be fascinating to see how this unfolds. Douglas is casting a wide net but Harbaugh has a lot of fans within the Jets organization 

agree,,I think if we struck a week or two ago we have him, but Chargers just fired Lynn and Jets and Chargers were the 2 teams he told friends he would go back to NFL for. Douglas has to sell the Jet job as Harbaugh will have best GM in NFL if he comes to Jets