Urban Meyer to Jags rumor

He didnt recruit Fields to OSU (he was gone by time Fields transferred to OSU), but probably scouted him in high school. Dont forget OSU didnt change Offensive system so Fields transferred there cause his skill set fit Urbans system. 

In that context if Fields plays lights out again vs Bama and Urban implementing his scheme with Jags its not impossible he wants Fields over Lawrence.

Urban to Jags would make this weekends Fields performance a interesting topic. Perfect fit for Urban scheme and already knows it but knows it to perfection. Hell, keep Glennon or hire Fitz on a 1 year and Jags may surprise folks

Edited by Maxman
edited title
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

every sports wire has blip that he and Jags talking. they have already fulfilled rooney rule or will soon IF they want to pay him.

Jags beat writers starting to buzz that Urban wants Fields so that why Khan saying he will be GM. Possibly providing cover for Urban for no Lawrence fallout, Who knows

Urban Meyer is reportedly seeking $12M per year to come out of retirement and become the Jaguars' new head coach, per

17 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I hear jets like Wilson over Fields.

From who?  Beerfish?

Could be true but Douglas has had a preference for big guys.  Wilson is about as small as pro QBs get and has an injury history.  Douglas doesn't strike me as a guy who goes for the flavor of the month, although I certainly could be wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, SouthernJet said:

every sports wire has blip that he and Jags talking. they have already fulfilled rooney rule or will soon IF they want to pay him.

Jags beat writers starting to buzz that Urban wants Fields so that why Khan saying he will be GM. Possibly providing cover for Urban for no Lawrence fallout, Who knows

Urban Meyer is reportedly seeking $12M per year to come out of retirement and become the Jaguars' new head coach, per

This is in no way, shape, or form a done deal. 

If you believe anything reported by PFT idk what to tell you. 

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Where there is smoke there is fire. This has been rumored for a few weeks now. If he wants the job it's his.

I repeat my previous comment. 

I am old enough to remember when Rhule was a "done deal" for the Jets, but we see where that went. 

Where there is smoke, there is fire does apply in these instances yes, but it can just as easily be agents negotiating in the press for teams and coaches. 

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Don’t forget urban has been working as the OSU assistant AD since he retired - probably knows all that needs to be known about Fields - could be a good or bad thing.

i am thinking khan saying as woner he taking gM responsibility he is providing cover if Urban wants fields instead of lawrence.. urban will put in osu offense and fields makes sense..jets may still get lawrence hence the Harbaugh waiting to see if Urban goes to Jags

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So if JAX has essentially hired Meyer before running Rooney interviews, the NFL would have to penalize them.  Particularly in the current environment they can't sweep it under the rug.

I'd say docking them their 1st round pick should be about right.

Hell, I'd even settle for sliding that pick down a slot or more.

Firm, but fair.

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

The Jags owner has already picked TL...He brings too much PR to Jax...

urban brings more PR,, QBs rarely end up where press has them when they are 20 years old..

If Urban wants Fields Khan will agree to it.. Urban beloved in Florida. He left for OSU but they remember the titles.

I think risky hire cause he has has SEVCERAL exhaustion episodes over years.. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

From who?  Beerfish?

Could be true but Douglas has had a preference for big guys.  Wilson is about as small as pro QBs get and has an injury history.  Douglas doesn't strike me as a guy who goes for the flavor of the month, although I certainly could be wrong.

I dont have a dog in hunt. Here is brand new clip by NFL journalists quoting other league insiders. who the hell knows, but dont shoot the messenger..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/could-zach-wilson-be-selected-over-justin-fields-in-the-2021-nfl-draft/

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

This would just be so wild. I am ok taking Fields, not a big fan of Wilson due this injuries but if we end up with Lawrence because they hired Meyer, that would just be so crazy. 

• Post of the Week 1