This is TOTAL BS. Act NOW, dont lose good candidates

Just now, SouthernJet said:

Jets have had MONTHS to research these coaches cause they knew Gase was gone in early October (I think Douglas knew Gase gone Jan 2021 the day he was hired and inherited idiot Gase). Research DONE. Its offer and negotiate time in order of who you want. Dont waste time and lose best guys while you yank you pud

Absolutely right. I Bet GIF by chuber channel

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Cast wide net, take our time.

BS

Jets have had MONTHS to research these coaches cause they knew Gase was gone in early October (I think Douglas knew Gase gone Jan 2021 the day he was hired and inherited idiot Gase). Research DONE. Its offer and negotiate time in order of who you want. Dont waste time and lose best guys while you yank you pud

Gase should have been canned months ago then this would be viable.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Hire people for a leadership position without interviews? Sounds like a great idea.

Noooooo

But do it fast as hell and the list should be done and ordered in way we desire. We dont need long feeling out process. They know these guys by now XsOs wise.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

One small problem.  It's pretty much impossible to negotiate with candidates who are on NFL teams that are in the playoffs.  Candidates like Bienemy and Daboll for example. 

Nah, it's pretty easy to do a Zoom call with them. That's how they are all starting the process.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

One small problem.  It's pretty much impossible to negotiate with candidates who are on NFL teams that are in the playoffs.  Candidates like Bienemy and Daboll for example. 

not true. Bienemy no game this week you can interview and gauge money paramets. Can interview Daboll after Bills Saturday game for 48 hours after game. Rules altered a tad this year for covid

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

BS

Who Says they haven't done their research already, but need to wait for someone that's on a playoff team's staff - like a Roman, Martindale, Daboll . Lot of smokescreens and misinformation that gets thrown around this time of year .

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Hire people for a leadership position without interviews? Sounds like a great idea.

These are probably people that have never hired nor interviewed an executive/management level applicant in their life. 

I do this for a living lol. It's a process. And direct face to face conversations are absolutely neccessary. 

I would bet the in person interviews are exactly why Bienemy didnt get hired the past 2 hiring cycles. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Huh? You really dont think Douglas has been researching, calling pals etc putting together his list. 

Oh he has been thinking's about it and compiling a list for sure but you simply cannot even try and sneak around and interview or talk to other guys while your coach is still employed.

To get an early start on a search you have to fire the guy like some of the smart teams did.  Otherwise you make a list and then wait.

Jets request interview with Brian Daboll

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports “the #Jets put in a request to interview #Bills OC Brian Daboll for their head coaching job, per source.”

Eric Bieniemy in demand

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Jets, Falcons and Lions have requested interviews with Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy.

Christopher Johnson will run Jets’ search

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports “Jets owner Woody Johnson, Ambassador to the United Kingdom, is not expected to sit in on upcoming HC interviews, per sources. Others, led by CEO Christopher Johnson, will run the search and hire the next HC. W. Johnson will be aware of developments, just not a part of interviews.”

Jets begin their search

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports “the #Jets and #Texanshave put in requests to interview #Colts DC Matt Eberflus for their head coaching jobs, per sources. A hot candidate.”

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

What I find funny, is if the Jets announced this afternoon they hired Marvin Lewis as HC , the same posters would be saying why did they grab the first guy off the street, why didn't they wait for a better candidate to come free.  

the next time you wonder why athletes just want to do their job and try to tune out as much fan noise as possible its threads like these. you literally cant do anything without pissing someone off when it comes to football fans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Noooooo

But do it fast as hell and the list should be done and ordered in way we desire. We dont need long feeling out process. They know these guys by now XsOs wise.

OK, be honest, who is it you want you fear losing out on.

Because it's pretty obvious that's the issue here for you.

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

BS

Stick to hunting and fishing.

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh he has been thinking's about it and compiling a list for sure but you simply cannot even try and sneak around and interview or talk to other guys while your coach is still employed.

To get an early start on a search you have to fire the guy like some of the smart teams did.  Otherwise you make a list and then wait.

sneak around and interview guys?

you really think they could have been out there interviewing daboll and other coordinator candidates on the down low?  yeah, that would go over well in the nfl...

22 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the next time you wonder why athletes just want to do their job and try to tune out as much fan noise as possible its threads like these. you literally cant do anything without pissing someone off when it comes to football fans.

How many times can I vote "post of the week" ? Is it more or less then "generational "? LOL

• Post of the Week 1

I guess there is the Rooney Rule to deal with. 

But other than that, I would think the top two candidates are Harbaugh and Campbell.  Make them offers now.  They don't need to interview coordinators before that.  

Maybe the next option after that is to hire Marvin Lewis with Jim Caldwell (OC) and Frank Bush (DC).  Dream Team.  Lewis reports to JD.  Perfect?  No, but would appear to add maturity, depth and experience.  

Then we can take flyers on coordinators.