Christopher Johnson Press Conf: MERGED

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

They "believe" in hiring good people. It's that actual "doing" that they can't get right.

Agreed.  Any of us who have followed this team for more than just a few years,  in other words, pretty much everyone on this site, shoudl be skeptical.  Words are easy.  Actions are hard.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

When CJ said the process might be fast, my only thoughts were to Jim Harbaugh. If Harbaugh wants the job, I think the interviews are over and he get the job.

Could be. Or Matt Campbell. I'm sure they have there top choices they've had their eyes on for a while and if those go well, it'd be quick.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

When CJ said the process might be fast, my only thoughts were to Jim Harbaugh. If Harbaugh wants the job, I think the interviews are over and he get the job.

I think you might be right. A proven leader/teacher. Maybe not the sexy choice but with the right personnel a solid one?

The 50-year thing stood out to me. You don't usually see Jets executives pointing out their failures in such stark terms. Gives me a little glimmer of hope that there are finally some real changes going on.

This part got me a little nervous, but of course he's going to be complimentary of the fair-haired wonder ...

As I mentioned earlier you don't change the structure of your organization that you had in place over 10 years in one day because of some Cimini tweet. 

However this is exactly what Jet Fans should be excited about. He didn't give some political non answer. He directly addressed how they are structured in which GM/HC are independent and that they may change it. Great News. 

Interesting take on the CEO thing. Probably eliminated Daboll, Roman, Bienemy etc. 

For better or worse this feels different in a good way. 

• Upvote 2

I am actually shocked that Chris hit on all the right tones today.  For years we've wanted this team to not make things more difficult on ourselves.  We've had poor timing of HC relative to GM.  We've had weird GM situations (Steinberg living off campus back when the Jets were at Hofstra).  We've had a weird reporting structure.  Weird hires everywhere.  And owners that didn't address the issues in public.

Chris just did that.  I give him props.  I'm actually optimistic.

Add in the fact that I like all the candidates being discussed and this is a good day.  Macc, Gase gone.  Draft capital.  Good QBs at top of draft.  A GM that at least knows what we need.

Let's go!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NamathToCaster said:

Sam said he was concerned for Adam's family after the firing.  Right Sam, Adam sitting on the couch collecting millions for doing nothing.  Sam is so full of it with his choir boy persona.  Your next Sam, clock strikes midnight.  Days of not being accountable for anything are over.

24 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I actually thought of Jim Harbaugh when he said they are "considering" a change to the reporting structure.

If they want Harbaugh, and he wants to be HC with a direct line to ownership, they're not changing the structure.

Anyone else? They will report to JD.

That's my read anyway.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I have been a big JD supporter, and I still am.  But if Sam is starting next year, he loses me.

what if he starts and sucks and then Jets bench him and let the rookie we drafted play in like week 4 or perhaps he plays and does well and the rookie rides the bench for a season...I bet you be ok with him in those scenarios.

• Upvote 1