Sam Darnold Year End Press Conference

Maxman

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

He very well may be a complete bust, I am just purely stating the facts that there are many people, not only in this organization but also the NFL, that feel otherwise.  Whether or not we as fans believe that to be true or not does not change that fact.  

You can show all the stats in the world, claim every reason possible, and preach to the high heavens on this message board that Darnold is a bust and the worst QB in the league.. It does not change the plain simple fact that there are many in the organization and NFL that feel different.

Thank you very much but I will trust my own eyes and judgement over some/many random unnamed sources around the league who say who knows what and to what end.  

50 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

There's a good quarterback besides Trevor Lawrence in this draft and it's Douglas's job to find him and pick him at 2. Mangini kicked the can on Pennington and took half measures like Clemens instead of pulling the trigger on Cutler or Flacco. Idzik kicked the can on Sanchez and took half measures like Smith instead of pulling the trigger on Bridgewater. Those guys didn't even get the chance to take a wild swing in year four.

I hear ya. I think/hope Wilson’s our guy.

Oh man I remember pounding the table for Bridgewater and Jimmy G when we had prime positioning to draft them. 

21 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Not making excuses for Darnold but he never had a decent line in front of him. He hasn’t had any stand out receivers to throw to. He has shown signs of greatness from time to time. I don’t think Gase has helped him develop at all IMO. For me the jury is still out on him. I don’t know if hey still under his contract. If we could sign him for maybe 20 mil and draft a QB at # 2 and see how it plays out. How good could he be in another system with a good O-line and some top receivers to throw to?

maybe, but if they resign darnold for 20 million and then use the no 2 pick on a qb aren't they then using about 27 million on the qb position?  it seems to me for that kind of money they can get a better free agent qb.  and if they did draft a qb at two would they put him a qb competition?  if the rookie wins, are they going to keep darnold on the bench?  i know there are other options.  they can always trade darnold if the two pick works out or vice versa.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:09 PM, rangerous said:

maybe, but if they resign darnold for 20 million and then use the no 2 pick on a qb aren't they then using about 27 million on the qb position?  it seems to me for that kind of money they can get a better free agent qb.  and if they did draft a qb at two would they put him a qb competition?  if the rookie wins, are they going to keep darnold on the bench?  i know there are other options.  they can always trade darnold if the two pick works out or vice versa.

Good point. Joe D might go after Wentz. Not sure how I feel about that but he may be a possibility if they choose to go in that direction

8 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Good point. Joe D might go after Wentz. Not sure how I feel about that but he may be a possibility if they choose to go in that direction

I don’t know much about wentz since I live in a green bubble but from what I’ve seen he seems like he needs a reset much like tannehill.  Put him on a solid team and he can do well. And take away that pinkish attitude a lot of these guys seem to have.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, rangerous said:

I don’t know much about wentz since I live in a green bubble but from what I’ve seen he seems like he needs a reset much like tannehill.  Put him on a solid team and he can do well. And take away that pinkish attitude a lot of these guys seem to have.

Personally not a big fan of his but may have some sentiment with JD