Jump to content

Hypothetical Trade With Texans


Recommended Posts

The problem with this is that it would add $5 million to the cap if they traded him. The idea would be to save money. 

If anything they move on from an aging Watt. Trade Cooks and release Duke Johnson.  That's $34 million saved right there.  There is no reason for them to trade Watson

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would take Watson over any QB, including Mahomes. He leads the league in passing yards with far less than Pat. I would do that in a heartbeat, and I got mad love for Justin............

It sounds crazy; but Watson has been low-key vocal, he wants out. JJ has been vocal he wants out. Hopkins is out. Stills is out.....

Looks like a low-key rebuild folks......

As great as Watson is; Fields is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY.......PLAYER, you do this for....... given his deadly Rodgers like accuracy. We don't know how Pat looks on a actual bad team.....When seen how Rodgers looks....People got fired, players got moved....

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, there's two monumental points of stupidity here:

1. It seems pretty likely that the cap is going to be quite a bit higher than the 175 million number that people are basing all of this money stuff off of.. so they're probably not going to have a problem to that degree.

2. Seriously? 2 1st round picks for Watson? Add 2 more 1sts and you're probably scratching the start of a deal. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

Now, if Justin has like......100 pass yards Monday......Yeah......

That changes everything, we people have a prisoner of the momenet mentality. Cause, just a week ago, Justin was a certified NFL bust according to most.

Changes nothing, he isnt getting drafted due to 1 game and throwing out 3 seasons.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

I would take Watson over any QB, including Mahomes. He leads the league in passing yards with far less than Pat. I would do that in a heartbeat, and I got mad love for Justin............

It sounds crazy; but Watson has been low-key vocal, he wants out. JJ has been vocal he wants out. Hopkins is out. Stills is out.....

Looks like a low-key rebuild folks......

As great as Watson is; Fields is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY.......PLAYER, you do this for....... given his deadly Rodgers like accuracy. We don't know how Pat looks on a actual bad team.....When seen how Rodgers looks....People got fired, players got moved....

Would not go as far as you regarding Mahomes.  But I like Watson, too.  I would do that deal to bring him here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

I would take Watson over any QB, including Mahomes. He leads the league in passing yards with far less than Pat. I would do that in a heartbeat, and I got mad love for Justin............

It sounds crazy; but Watson has been low-key vocal, he wants out. JJ has been vocal he wants out. Hopkins is out. Stills is out.....

Looks like a low-key rebuild folks......

As great as Watson is; Fields is the ONLY, and I mean ONLY.......PLAYER, you do this for....... given his deadly Rodgers like accuracy. We don't know how Pat looks on a actual bad team.....When seen how Rodgers looks....People got fired, players got moved....

I like Deshaun too but let's not get crazy and emotional with these comments. :)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

Only the Jets would trade multiple 1's for QB they should or could have drafted 4 years ago.   Stupid trade offer.  We would be 4-12 for next 3 years while paying a crap ton for a QB.  

DeShaun Watson would win here. 

Look what he did even when they traded top 3 NFL WR DeAndre Hopkins and then Fuller was suspended. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Well, there's two monumental points of stupidity here:

1. It seems pretty likely that the cap is going to be quite a bit higher than the 175 million number that people are basing all of this money stuff off of.. so they're probably not going to have a problem to that degree.

2. Seriously? 2 1st round picks for Watson? Add 2 more 1sts and you're probably scratching the start of a deal. 

You are pretty much the only person on the planet that thinks the NFL salary cap is going up next year.  You do know it's tied to revenue, which is WAY down this year, right?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

No and yes.

Not 2 first rnders.

btw, i posted a SAVE WATSON post yesterday.

Yeah, you're right about two firsts being steep.   Think I'm just shell shocked from the last three years of Darnold and would take almost anything to get a QB of Watson's caliber here.   

Did not see your thread.  Will check it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, you're right about two firsts being steep.   Think I'm just shell shocked from the last three years of Darnold and would take almost anything to get a QB of Watson's caliber here.   

Did not see your thread.  Will check it out.

i used a youtube clip from Curb your enthusiasm where the widow say her husnda would wake up and sya

WATSON!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are pretty much the only person on the planet that thinks the NFL salary cap is going up next year.  You do know it's tied to revenue, which is WAY down this year, right?

I didn't say it was going up. You came up with that yourself. I said it's not going to be the 175 million number. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/06/optimism-emerges-regarding-2021-salary-cap/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_salary_cap_could_be_higher_than_expected_in_2021/s1_12680_33496772

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-news-salary-cap-2021/

I'm not the only one. Sorry I had to make you look silly, but you kinda brought it on yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I didn't say it was going up. You came up with that yourself. I said it's not going to be the 175 million number. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/06/optimism-emerges-regarding-2021-salary-cap/

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_salary_cap_could_be_higher_than_expected_in_2021/s1_12680_33496772

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-news-salary-cap-2021/

I'm not the only one. Sorry I had to make you look silly, but you kinda brought it on yourself. 

You didn't make me look silly at all. 

All three of those links cite the same source.  Mike Florio.

I'm sorry but he is nothing more than a rumor-monger.  There's no meat on that bone until I see it corroborated from a few more reputable sources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The Texans aren't trading Watson, lol

Haha. It’s at least fun for us to imagine. We’re somehow split on trading for 25yr old 3x pro bowl QB. The Jets might have a better receiving group than the Texans. Chad Hansen is their number 3 option. Smh. For just 2 1st round picks...I’d sign those trade docs ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...