I know hindsight is 20/20 but...

EM31

Where would we be today if we have just committed to Teddy Bridgewater and used our draft capital elsewhere?

I know he is a middle of the road QB this year but i think he still has the potential to be top-10 and it wouldn't have cost us anything at all..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

At the time it was too soon to get rid of Sam but yeah I had those same thoughts....as in why are we letting a pretty serviceable QB walk.  It would have cost a lot to keep him here but too much is always better than too little.  Depth at QB...what a novel idea.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Honestly I think he is a solid NFL QB.  Not a liability and maybe that is enough if you can get enough other players.

He is not very good. He is definitely not a solution. He is a solid come in and maybe win a couple games backup. No more.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He's definitely a NFL QB - but he's the type of guy that you'd always be looking to upgrade from. Very low ceiling QB. 

I just looked up his numbers with Carolina.... 17th overall in QBR and yards... Just behind Ben and just ahead of Mayfield. Sam was 33rd.

Given the desert we have been living in for so many years, 17th looks pretty damned good.

In any event, it was just a thought

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I just looked up his numbers with Carolina.... 17th overall in QBR and yards... Just behind Ben and just ahead of Mayfield. Sam was 33rd.

Given the desert we have been living in for so many years, 17th looks pretty damned good.

i get it, like licking condensation off your tent tarp

banner clone GIF by Joseph Fontinha

26 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Where would we be today if we have just committed to Teddy Bridgewater and used our draft capital elsewhere?

I know he is a middle of the road QB this year but i think he still has the potential to be top-10 and it wouldn't have cost us anything at all..

Same place. Teddy would have been back on I.R. a long time ago if he started here.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

20 TD total(15 passing/5 rushing) in 15 games. Yikes - and this is with the greatest offensive mind in mankind Joe Brady as his OC.

It seems the Panthers will draft a QB.  The owner did not endorse Teddy in a recent interview.  His quote makes total sense imo.  “It’s an ongoing process and it’s a question of who can be that guy that can help you win. That’s the most important position on the field. … Unless you have that guy for sure that gets you to playoffs and Super Bowls, you have to keep reevaluating that because that’s the only thing that matters is Super Bowls. And until you have that guy, you’re evaluating, evaluating, evaluating every year.”

No more band-aids,

The goal is to find a top 10 QB that has you confident you can make a legitimate SB run every year.  

Not saying win every year - but every season you believe you have a shot.  Only way to get there is to have a stud QB.

We need to keep taking them until we find one.  Teddy is a mid-tier that will never win a SuperBowl,  No interest.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, EM31 said:

5-11. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Bridgewater. Stay at #5, draft Quentin Nelson. I said at the time it was stupid to get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

In his last 4 games Bridgewater threw 1TD and 4ints. Tell me why you would ever think we'd be better off with a below average NFL QB? Maybe we go 5-12 instead of 2-14?.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Gase’s reputation among Jets fans will improve with time, for this very reason 

Adam Gase is like a forest fire. It's scary, messy, and many poor animals end up getting displaced, but it clears out the dead useless brush, and the nutrient-rich ash that it leaves behind will allow new plant life to emerge and flourish.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, EM31 said:

We would been one flush bad instead of two flushes and a big skid mark. 

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Adam Gase is like a forest fire. It's scary, messy, and many poor animals end up getting displaced, but it clears out the dead useless brush, and the nutrient-rich ash that it leaves behind will allow new plant life to emerge and flourish.

I would rather go with Gase as the manure that fertilized the Jets garden.