Knicks are over .500

Bronx

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The New York Knicks have reached agreement on a trade to acquire Detroit Pistons guard Derrick Roseand reunite him with coach Tom Thibodeau, sources told ESPN on Sunday.

The Knicks are sending guard Dennis Smith Jr. and a 2021 second-round draft pick via the Charlotte Hornets to Detroit, sources said.

• Upvote 2

Team defense night in night out is a beautiful thing and makes it unlikely we are going to get blown out by anyone.  Outside of the top echelon teams it means we are probably going to be in every game.  What a change from the Melo years.

I wasn't sure about the Derek Rose move when I first heard about it but it seems obvious in retrospect.

• Upvote 2

I am happy that my team for once is not the poster child for the very worst-run, bereft-of-talent, leaderless joke of a franchise which every other NBA fan in the league can point to, snigger a bit and say at least we are not the Knicks.

Everything else is just gravy right now.

I am happy my team is a pain in the ass to play against.

• Sympathy 1

We finally pulled out of last place in team scoring.  I'd like to see that trend continue a bit.  The shooting feels very inconsistent from one quarter to the next.  RJ and IQ need to get their pct. up closer to 50%. 

Man, if we had a SF who could score (Kawhi, are you listening)...

On 2/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, nycdan said:

We finally pulled out of last place in team scoring.  I'd like to see that trend continue a bit.  The shooting feels very inconsistent from one quarter to the next.  RJ and IQ need to get their pct. up closer to 50%. 

Man, if we had a SF who could score (Kawhi, are you listening)...

That’s the big thing we will be looking for next summer.  A legit 3 and D SF

• Upvote 1

What is clear from the Orlando result and the Golden State result last night is that we are very much a work in progress.  Getting better? Certainly.  We can complete with pretty much everyone but there is almost no team that we "should" beat every night of the week.  

That part comes next.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, EM31 said:

What is clear from the Orlando result and the Golden State result last night is that we are very much a work in progress.  Getting better? Certainly.  We can complete with pretty much everyone but there is almost no team that we "should" beat every night of the week.  

That part comes next.

This team has exceeeded everyone’s expectations so far.  There were people saying we needed to tank for Cade before the season 

• Upvote 1

This season, I watch and see close games that the Knicks would have folded up and lost the last couple of seasons. I also see them win in games where they've lost a lead, or the game gets tense with about 5 minutes to go. A lot of credit goes to kids and the coaching staff: they keep the kids focused.

A minor byatch: JC, WTF was Rose thinking of when he fouled that guy with less than 4 seconds to go, ahead by four??? SMH.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2021 at 5:09 AM, Philc1 said:

Not gonna happen but need to replace Payton with Frank in rotation permanently 

Spot on. I also hope they are trying to work a long-term deal with Randle.Like Rose and Taj love playing for Tibs, I hope Randle wants to stay and be a part of the turnaround 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, EM31 said:

A top result for us tonight.

Note to Indiana, you cannot sleep on the Knicks any more.

And others

They fought Sabonis all night! Last game he killed us.... last night it was a team effort defending him. They were like flies on a carcass. Glad the refs let them play last night (unlike GS game).

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Spot on. I also hope they are trying to work a long-term deal with Randle.Like Rose and Taj love playing for Tibs, I hope Randle wants to stay and be a part of the turnaround 

Randle has been excellent.  It’s gonna be tricky because he’s going to demand the supermax

54 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Randle has been excellent.  It’s gonna be tricky because he’s going to demand the supermax

Randle is 26 and he does have the type of game right now that could be 1/3 of a Super 3 tandem. Can Quickly be another third along with Barrett (20) Is the talent level getting close to what Utah has? Or NJ?

I think these 3 together with Knox and Tobin can be a solid group for years.... similar to Boston and Clippers level talent.

Edited by 32EBoozer

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m not sure how old Randle is, but he does have the type of game right now that could be 1/3 of a Super 3 tandem. Can Quickly be another third along with Barrett? Is the talent level getting close to what Utah has? Or NJ?

He’s 26.  Honestly I have no idea what they do with Randle.  Extend him, use him as trade bait to get a superstar like Giannis