Knicks are over .500

Bronx

I love the team chemistry and the buy in from the entire team. RJ Barrett got some mamba mentality during winning time. Immanuel Quickley is just scratching the surface. Randle is putting up a Larry Bird like stat line. Derrick Rose has been huge off the bench...No wins streak without him.  Tibbs is orchestrating the greatest show Knicks fans have seen since Mike Woodson was coaching the 2012-13 Knicks team. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Let's see what we got!

They had given the Sixers and Nets fits leading up to this streak so there's every reason to think they will be fine. No question the defense will help them keep pace but IMO this stretch is all going to come down to if the guards can keep up the offensive consistency they've displayed the last 3-4 weeks. Burks should be back any day now and that will be a big bump to a group that's already playing fantastic ball. 

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

One thing I'll say about today is that it showed how even though you've gotta still keep taking advantage of Bullock being the hot hand, this is a totally different offense when Barrett gets going and starts slashing. Kid is really a blast to watch.

The previous regime nailed Barrett and Robinson on the draft. Also signing Randle on FA.   Giving credit when is due.

Also, probably the main factor, coaching.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Now the brutal stretch begins. Suns twice, Lakers twice, Clips and Denver, all over the next 8. If they can split with the Suns and Lakers that’ll be huge. 

Yeah, I was just looking at the West Coast schedule. They will have their hands full. Need to take care of home court & play .500+ on road

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah, I was just looking at the West Coast schedule. They will have their hands full. Need to take care of home court & play .500+ on road

Charlotte here seems to be the pain in the ass with LaMelo coming back and Bridges all of a sudden playing like a maniac. The rest of the East should be able to keep Miami at bay while the Knicks head west, but we'll find out this week what Charlotte's deal is. This all might come down to the wire though, which is crazy. If you had told me that the middle seeds in the East would be among the most fun things to watch this season I would have laughed. 

Some wacky stuff happening this week that will shape the Knicks: Atlanta plays Sixers twice and Boston plays Charlotte twice. With the way this season has gone watch everyone split everything and the standings continue to be a cluster****. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Bronx said:

The previous regime nailed Barrett and Robinson on the draft. Also signing Randle on FA.   Giving credit when is due.

Also, probably the main factor, coaching.

They built the old fashioned way which is through the draft.  If Lebron James and Kevin Durant don’t magically fall in your lap you gotta then build a roster. Lazy knick haters in the media were ripping the Knicks up until last December for doing just that

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Ten is a row is a very tall ask for this team.

The Suns are legitimately in the conversation to win the whole thing.

I’m still hoping we get the 5th seed.  I know the Knicks are currently 4th which is great considering the knowitalls were predicting us to be the worst team in the nba when the season started - but it’s a very tough schedule coming up

5th seed we avoid getting one of nets, bucks sixers.  By the second round who knows what could happen with injuries especially to the nets

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m still hoping we get the 5th seed.  I know the Knicks are currently 4th which is great considering the knowitalls were predicting us to be the worst team in the nba when the season started - but it’s a very tough schedule coming up

5th seed we avoid getting one of nets, bucks sixers.  By the second round who knows what could happen with injuries especially to the nets

I fear our lack of legitimate depth at point guard will end up costing us.  You are not wrong about Elfrid Payton but the inability of Ntili8kina to get minutes given our Payton situation is really the disappointing part of that. 

I understand the replacements for Mitchell Robinson have performed really, really well.  Better really than we had any right to expect and I get it that Robinson may be trade bait this offseason given his injury profile but I think that when he does suit up that he is a difference-maker unlike anyone else we have on the roster.

We are not going to get a high price for an injury-prone seven-footer and I think that throwing him back into the playoff mix is probably a better use of his value at this point.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I fear our lack of legitimate depth at point guard will end up costing us.  You are not wrong about Elfrid Payton but the inability of Ntili8kina to get minutes given our Payton situation is really the disappointing part of that. 

I understand the replacements for Mitchell Robinson have performed really, really well.  Better really than we had any right to expect and I get it that Robinson may be trade bait this offseason given his injury profile but I think that when he does suit up that he is a difference-maker unlike anyone else we have on the roster.

We are not going to get a high price for an injury-prone seven-footer and I think that throwing him back into the playoff mix is probably a better use of his value at this point.

Only way Thibs stops starting Elf is if we get a PG in the offseason.  Lonzo Ball is an option, I’m sure his attention seeking dad wants him in NY.  Kyle Lowry will be a free agent but he’s like 35 so signing him will be tricky. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Only way Thibs stops starting Elf is if we get a PG in the offseason.  Lonzo Ball is an option, I’m sure his attention seeking dad wants him in NY.  Kyle Lowry will be a free agent but he’s like 35 so signing him will be tricky. 

When was the last time hat prospective free agents may have viewed the Knicks as a potential pathway to an earlier or deeper playoff run?  Once we reach that point then secondary arguments like market size and the potential for endorsement deals might gain some traction.

The world is changing and the events changing it are seismic.

• Upvote 2

On 4/26/2021 at 7:24 AM, Philc1 said:

Gotta agree with this one here. 5th or 6th spot is where it's at for the first round. I'd rather they face Boston or Atlanta than Miami/Wash/Charlotte. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Still no forgiveness for the Eddy Curry trade or does it go back to the Jordan years?

Jordan years and all the fair weather bulls fans who are now whatever fans who have been doing nothing but Knick bashing for 20 years

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Nets really don't  scare me. That te has not been able to stay healthy.  

It’s going to be Nets or Sixers from the East. Best Knicks fans can hope for is getting out of the first round. Nets have an insane roster and the Knicks offense is still wildly inconsistent and inexperienced. When the court shrinks come postseason time that is going to matter a whole lot more than it does now.