Which of the 6 Announced Jets Interview Requests Would be Good Option?

6 Known Interviewees?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. I think the following coaches would do well as the next Jets Head Coach (select all that apply)

• Eric Bieniemy - KC Offensive Coordinator
    • Arthur Smith - Titans Offensive Coordinator
    • Brian Daboll - Bills Offensive Coordinator
    • Matt Eberflus - Colts Defensive Coordinator
    • Brandon Staley - Rams Defensive Coordinator
    • Patrick Graham - Giants Defensive Coordinator
    • Don't Really Think any of those 6 Would Do Well as Next Jets Coach

It has been announced / leaked / rumored that the Jets have requested interviews with 6 current NFL assistants.

1. Eric Bieniemy - KC Offensive Coordinator
  2. Arthur Smith - Titans Offensive Coordinator
  3. Brian Daboll - Bills Offensive Coordinator
  4. Matt Eberflus - Colts Defensive Coordinator
  5. Brandon Staley - Rams Defensive Coordinator
  6. Patrick Graham - Giants Defensive Coordinator

Which of the 6 do you think would do well as the next Head Coach of the Jets?  

It's interesting that Bieniemy is not more highly thought of by fans, not just Jets fans but you hear concerns by other fans too.  Obviously, people are concerned that Andy Reid is the de facto offensive coordinator in KC and they have a lot of weapons there.

NFL people seem to think highly of him, but there's a high level of skepticism on the part of fans, which is understandable

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

It's interesting that Bieniemy is not more highly thought of by fans, not just Jets fans but you hear concerns by other fans too.  Obviously, people are concerned that Andy Reid is the de facto offensive coordinator in KC and they have a lot of weapons there.

NFL people seem to think highly of him, but there's a high level of skepticism on the part of fans, which is understandable

Sound like anyone we know who plays the QB position??

• Sympathy 1

I went with Brian Daboll.  

I all honesty I don't have a clue.  it's very hard for me to rate FO, and coordinators.  All we've really got is the success of their units.  Are they successful  because they have a great QB?  Or because they have  designed great schemes?

Not only that, but the HC job is MUCH different then OC's.  Same with college HC's.  Just a totally different job then a HC in the NFL.  College is Mostly about recruiting.

One of the problems with Daboll is the Bills will be very reluctant to allow him to take any of his asst's to a division rival.  IMO, a lot of the reason HC's are successful is the OC & DC's they employ to run the units, while the HC runs the team. 

Still went with Daboll because I'm familiar with him.  Suspect who ever Douglas hires will be someone that either he or Rex Hogan are familiar with.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, flgreen said:

I all honesty I don't have a clue.  it's very hard for me to rate FO, and coordinators.  All we've really got is the success of their units.  Are they successful  because they have a great QB?  Or because they have  designed great schemes?

Not only that, but the HC job is MUCH different then OC's.  Same with college HC's.  Just a totally different job then a HC in the NFL.  College is Mostly about recruiting.

One of the problems with Daboll is the Bills will be very reluctant to allow him to take any of his asst's to a division rival.  IMO, a lot of the reason HC's are successful is the OC & DC's they employ to run the units, while the HC runs the team. 

Still went with Daboll because I'm familiar with him.  Suspect who ever Douglas hires will be someone that either he or Rex Hogan are familiar with.  

I am hoping Daboll leaves Buffalo. I like him, but hope the Jets end up with a better option. Just want Josh Allen to play without him next year!

• Upvote 1

Barf!

we got to do better than this. No more  flavour of the month coordinators. It’s too hit  or miss.

If they’re going to go down the road of getting rid of Sam, then this provides a perfect opportunity to go hire a college head coach who’s seen both Fields and possibly Wilson first hand.

Wishful thinking I guess

We need a coach to lead this team into 21st football. The product we have been watch has obviously been bad, but it’s been the football of the past. Which ever guy we hire needs to be a creative offensive mind that actually schemes to his players strengths.

• WTF? 1

9 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

It has been announced / leaked / rumored that the Jets have requested interviews with 6 current NFL assistants.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Still hoping to see matt campbells name come up.

The list is the list of names of candidates the Jets requested permission to interview.

They dont need to request permission to interview Campbell

The list is incomplete if we're to believe their interest in Martindale 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, flgreen said:

Im not 100% sure, but I know the rule was changed regarding assistants and I dont think teams can block lateral moves by assistants.

In Daboll's case if he did want the Bills QB coach, it would be a promotion and I believe it would ultimately be up to the coach if he wanted to go or not.

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Arthur Smith is the only one I feel good about. he turned Tannehill around. 

y’all place too much trust in Daboll. Yes Allen looks great -  but how much of that is a reflection of the McDermott regime. Daboll certainly helped but he has a trail of dead pre-Buffalo. 

• Upvote 1