Trevor Lawrence is not a much better prospect than Justin Fields. All objective evidence shows they are equally great yet one is judged on a different standard than the other.

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The Fields Flavor of the Month thing is wishful thinking at its best

1.5 years of experience as a starter in the college.  Yeah that usually works out in the NFL

Literally the exact opposite of flavor of the month- projected #1/2 pick for over a year. You mean Zach wilson

he has two years of starting experience. Yea this season is cut short a bit because of covid, but he’s played three playoff games and a two conference championship games- which matters more than a few extra games against some turds on the schedule.

keep hating 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

False. 

Zach WIlson is 6'3 210 lbs. 

He is taller than Lamar Jackson and weighs more than Drew Brees. He is literally in the dead middle of the pack for NFL QB heights, and on the lower end of weight, which can be changed in the weight room. 

In college, he could scramble like Lamar, and throw it like Brees. If his talent translates to the NFL and he is any mixture of those guys, it would be a home run pick.

It can’t be changed in the weight room. Your frame is your frame. And Wilson said he can’t lift because of his busted shoulders. He isn’t going to be the pick, get it out of your head.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

6'3" 205 is lanky for a guy who tore 2 labrums already. Darnold has like 25 pounds of muscle on Wilson, who spent most last year working out with resistance bands instead of weights 

He is 210 not 205. He literally only needs to add 20lbs to match Lamar Jackson. Adding 20lbs is not hard with a professional trainer and workout program.

8 hours ago, JTJet said:

False. 

Zach WIlson is 6'3 210 lbs. 

He is taller than Lamar Jackson and weighs more than Drew Brees. He is literally in the dead middle of the pack for NFL QB heights, and on the lower end of weight, which can be changed in the weight room. 

In college, he could scramble like Lamar, and throw it like Brees. If his talent translates to the NFL and he is any mixture of those guys, it would be a home run pick.

I realize BYU lists Wilson at 6'3", but he looks shorter than that. I'd be willing to wager a small bet that Wilson doesn't even reach 6'2". 

• Upvote 3

On 1/6/2021 at 12:18 PM, Reprisalizer said:

One of the big difference for me is that Trevor Lawrence can play in any system in the NFL.  He makes the players around him better.

Justin Fields needs to be in the correct system. Probably similar to a Shanahan system. He could be really good but it largely depends on his landing spot and the system he is asked to run.  In the right system, Fields does make the players around him better.  In the wrong system (west coast short accuracy game), this guy is a bust.  

I agree, but if you're going to draft him you run an offense that suits him. Your job is tied to his success. I think JD would make sure of that before the hire.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

He is 210 not 205. He literally only needs to add 20lbs to match Lamar Jackson. Adding 20lbs is not hard with a professional trainer and workout program.

It's hard to gain muscle when you can't work out for a year due to rehab 

I agree he will be in good shape 

Sewell will be in phenomenal shape 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

And yet darnold still managed to tear his labrum 2x while on the jets i think.  

Sam Darnold has 1 labrum tear. Wilson tore both shoulders. The fact is Sam probably sucks too but this team needs to draft Sewell so the next guy does not turn out like Sam

Drafting a savior qb into the 32nd ranked offense is looking for trouble. 

• Upvote 3

One thing is certain, whether we pick Fields or not, is that he is far from a new kid on the rise. He was the top QB in the country in High School and became the consensus #2 QB practically as soon as he started playing in college. I was watching QB1 (season 2) and the kid did not have a normal childhood because of his dedication to football. From Nike camps to all of his training, he has been dedicated and on this path for some time now. He has special ability. When he was in high school he could throw the ball effortlessly and accurately. He's an incredible talent and seems humble and very coachable.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold has 1 labrum tear. Wilson tore both shoulders. The fact is Sam probably sucks too but this team needs to draft Sewell so the next guy does not turn out like Sam

I just don't agree with the Sewell pick. We have a left tackle and don't need two of these guys eating up a huge amount of cap space with one having to switch to right tackle. You think Becton will be happy with a right tackle contract if he continues to play dominant football? Sewell? We need interior lineman. You almost need a rookie QB to absorb those contracts when they come up. Trading back if you don't pick a QB makes more sense to me, although I prefer going QB.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's hard to gain muscle when you can't work out for a year due to rehab 

I agree he will be in good shape 

Sewell will be in phenomenal shape 

Yes I do agree. But that generally applies to you and I. 

Professional athletes and celebrities live different lives and have the time and money to change their bodies how they need to. 

47 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I realize BYU lists Wilson at 6'3", but he looks shorter than that. I'd be willing to wager a small bet that Wilson doesn't even reach 6'2". 

Semantics. Even if he was 6'2" he would still be among the middle pack of starting QBs currently in the NFL. I realize this is a year or so old but still mostly applies. 

x9klf8s0ozf21.thumb.png.96825398c63176b780303be63873db8e.png

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Semantics. Even if he was 6'2" he would still be among the middle pack of starting QBs currently in the NFL. I realize this is a year or so old but still mostly applies. 

x9klf8s0ozf21.thumb.png.96825398c63176b780303be63873db8e.png

So then make that argument from the start instead of making an argument that, you now admit, is semantics. 

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

So then make that argument from the start instead of making an argument that, you now admit, is semantics. 

What are you talking about? 

I simply pointed out that the guy is not "small" in the terms people are claiming he is. I can make an argument however I feel like it. You all have google too, just look up the dudes size and that argument shouldn't even be made to being with. 

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

I just don't agree with the Sewell pick. We have a left tackle and don't need two of these guys eating up a huge amount of cap space with one having to switch to right tackle. You think Becton will be happy with a right tackle contract if he continues to play dominant football? Sewell? We need interior lineman. You almost need a rookie QB to absorb those contracts when they come up. Trading back if you don't pick a QB makes more sense to me, although I prefer going QB.

Trent brown made 18 million per year at right tackle. Lane Johnson made 17.5. I'm sure Becton will recover.

The truth is that he's more like Trent brown than David bakthiari at 22 per year. Becton never going to be that lock down in pass pro, whether they draft Sewell or not. He's a stud all pro run blocker and that guy is usually the right tackle 

The discussion of the cap space is not relevant until 2025/2026 when Sewell needs a new deal at that point they can trade one for first Rd picks like tunsil. If they want to sign both they have more than enough free money. 

12 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

No matter how you phrase the argument, drafting any OT with our first selection results in the second overall pick being allocated for a RT, which I just will never agree with. 

Sewell is the lt at 2. Becton is the rt at 11. 

if Becton was great in pass pro, he would have gone higher. He also would have not given up 7 sacks this year. 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Yes I do agree. But that generally applies to you and I. 

Professional athletes and celebrities live different lives and have the time and money to change their bodies how they need to. 

OK sure. What do you think Sewell will look like after 9 months of working out? 

This abstract idea of Sewell is hard for fans to imagine. He hasn't played this year. Fair enough. 

When this dude shows up 349 running a 4.8 or something obscene, everyone will understand why jd has to make this pick.

It's planet theory 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

OK sure. What do you think Sewell will look like after 9 months of working out? 

This abstract idea of Sewell is hard for fans to imagine. He hasn't played this year. Fair enough. 

When this dude shows up 349 running a 4.8 or something obscene, everyone will understand why jd has to make this pick.

It's planet theory 

Maybe I jumped into the middle of an argument I didnt read the whole thread on. 

I would LOVE to get Sewell and in no way was advocating for Wilson over him. 

Simply arguing the confusion around Wilson's height and weight. I am like one of the last 5 of the remaining Pro Darnold people on the board lol and I will be until the draft is over. 

• Upvote 1

#1  Sewel is not generational any more than lawrence is.  He is not even rated #1 by a few people.  He also did not play this year.  Like it nor not that is a negative for me.

#2 The Jets needs on the oline are greater at OG and C imo.

Trade down if you are not taking a QB and use two fairly high picks (Seattle 1st rounder, our 2n rounder or 2nd rounder we get for trading down) to get the best og and C you can get.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Maybe I jumped into the middle of an argument I didnt read the whole thread on. 

I would LOVE to get Sewell and in no way was advocating for Wilson over him. 

Simply arguing the confusion around Wilson's height and weight. I am like one of the last 5 of the remaining Pro Darnold people on the board lol and I will be until the draft is over. 

Yeah I don't know who is on what side anymore. 

The crazy thing about wilson's height is that he's so thin looking he'd almost win to showing up shorter and stocker. The height weight ratio. 

I actually like Zach wilson at 24 like Aaron Rodgers. Not at 2. This is a value conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#2 The Jets needs on the oline are greater at OG and C 

Breezing by the Sewell isn't good argument for a second, the Jets have a tackle and a center. They need 2 guards and another tackle. Fant made 10 million and played like a backup. At least gvr was cheap. The entire right side needs a rebuild 

And by the way anyone can play guard in a Sewell Becton line. That job is very easy to play guard next to a stud 

Ask pat elflein 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Draft Sewell.   Sign a guard.   Draft Harris and a wide receiver/tight end with the high 2nd round pick.   Huge upgrade to the offense.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Breezing by the Sewell isn't good argument for a second, the Jets have a tackle and a center. They need 2 guards and another tackle. Fant made 10 million and played like a backup. At least gvr was cheap. The entire right side needs a rebuild 

And by the way anyone can play guard in a Sewell Becton line. That job is very easy to play guard next to a stud 

Ask pat elflein 

Whoa do I ever disagree with your anyone can play guard comment.  Your tackles are not blocking aaron donald or quinnen, or the new and improved leo willaims Also C is not solved at all.

Fant sucks I agree.

I'll stick by my thought that I want to fix the oline by adding two impact players rater than one.

I do not hate sewel and i would not go ballistic if they drafted him but they can do better imo.

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah I don't know who is on what side anymore. 

The crazy thing about wilson's height is that he's so thin looking he'd almost win to showing up shorter and stocker. The height weight ratio. 

I actually like Zach wilson at 24 like Aaron Rodgers. Not at 2. This is a value conversation. 

Ok well that I could get behind then. I dont think he lasts anywhere near that long though. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, mrcoops said:

It's almost as if there is some other factor, which I can't quite put my finger on, which is influencing people's ratings of Fields...

What really annoys me is when Fields is pigeon-holed as a "running" QB, when he is actually a quality passer who can run if needed.

If anything, I've seen more designed runs for Lawrence than I have for Fields.

Is this another way of saying Fields is a better prospect?

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

What are you talking about? 

I simply pointed out that the guy is not "small" in the terms people are claiming he is. I can make an argument however I feel like it. You all have google too, just look up the dudes size and that argument shouldn't even be made to being with. 

Honestly, I apologize as I reread my post and it didn't make any sense. My frustration at how overrated I believe Wilson is along with my desire to avoid fighting on the board is making me nutty. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Honestly, I apologize as I reread my post and it didn't make any sense. My frustration at how overrated I believe Wilson is along with my desire to avoid fighting on the board is making me nutty. 

All good. I am at the point that none of us really know how these QBs will pan out. We all thought Darnold was easily the best in the class at the time, see where that went.