Trevor Lawrence is not a much better prospect than Justin Fields. All objective evidence shows they are equally great yet one is judged on a different standard than the other.

Jetsbb

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

#1  Sewel is not generational any more than lawrence is.  He is not even rated #1 by a few people.  He also did not play this year.  Like it nor not that is a negative for me.

#2 The Jets needs on the oline are greater at OG and C imo.

Trade down if you are not taking a QB and use two fairly high picks (Seattle 1st rounder, our 2n rounder or 2nd rounder we get for trading down) to get the best og and C you can get.

Yes. Zero chance Sewell is the pick at 2. Why? Bc if your not going QB there someone is coming up for a QB. 

The Value of this pick is insane. Looking at Joe’s last draft does he look like a guy that’s passing on multiple first to move down 5 spots?  Oh and to move Becton to RT which was his first draft pick? No chance. 

It’s QB or we’re moving down. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold has 1 labrum tear. Wilson tore both shoulders. The fact is Sam probably sucks too but this team needs to draft Sewell so the next guy does not turn out like Sam

Drafting a savior qb into the 32nd ranked offense is looking for trouble. 

Stop making sense dammit

We have to hope Ohio St stops producing horrible NFL QBs once we draft one at second overall

• Upvote 1

Yeah, anyone calling Fields a "running QB" is just doing some racial profiling. 
Let's get real here. 
Or they have not seen him play much and only look at highlight reels and read forums posts.

Still think Lawrence is the better pro ... well see.

Darnold was predicted to be a cant miss and we saw where that landed.

Many of us saw Darnold for who he was.... and were slammed for it prior to the draft.

... of course some of us were canonizing Rosen instead ... lol ... nearly no one at all said Allen was the man. Though there WERE a couple ... wish I was one of them.

That being said ... it clear to me that 90% of the time ... it is the coaching.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app