The Browns got the 'Rona again

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Why can't the HC coach it virtually or at least give real time inputs

This is actually a great question. 

Actually coaching every aspect of the game would probably be impossible virtually, but he should definitely be able to be like "go for it!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

If Stefanski is asymptomatic they should let him coach from a modified pope/boogermobile. It's a self-contained environment and he can shoot up and down the sidelines to watch the game. 

the boogermobile... I cant decide which I dislike worse, him or his mobile...

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Why can't the HC coach it virtually or at least give real time inputs

I have to imagine the NFL wouldn't exactly love the idea of their inability to regulate coaches at all in such a circumstance.

If they let that happen, how long before Belichick decides to become a full-time remote HC?  Coincidentally opposing teams would then start randomly having "accidental" crossing of transmissions as they start getting play calls from other unknown places that totally coincidentally happen to always be disastrous failures of epic proportions.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Wow. Feel bad for that fanbase. 

They make the playoffs for the first time in 18 years and this happens. 

Granted, I do feel a bit bad for the fans, but the team itself deserves absolutely no better, considering they've transformed into one of the most intolerably douchetastic teams imaginable, despite having done nothing to even slightly justify that, considering it goes back to the days of them supposedly being the world's greatest 0-16 team.

Besides, at least I can take some joy out of the fact that they can stay alongside the Lions as the two teams who will continue to be bigger historic jokes than our stupid team, which is no easy feat.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Besides, at least I can take some joy out of the fact that they can stay alongside the Lions as the two teams who will continue to be bigger historic jokes than our stupid team, which is no easy feat.

The Bengals, Jaguars, Bills, Chargers, Cardinals, Texans, and Titans, Falcons, and Panthers, all of whom somehow remain Lombardi-less yet off the radar say Hi.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Granted, I do feel a bit bad for the fans, but the team itself deserves absolutely no better, considering they've transformed into one of the most intolerably douchetastic teams imaginable, despite having done nothing to even slightly justify that, considering it goes back to the days of them supposedly being the world's greatest 0-16 team.

I definitely hear you. 

I personally take the opposite approach - I always like to see the other "cursed" franchises (lions, bengals, browns, chargers, chiefs before last year) do well when they make the playoffs, because those fanbases are the closest to knowing how we all feel rooting for the Jets. 

But I definitely get the other side of that coin. Misery loves company. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have to imagine the NFL wouldn't exactly love the idea of their inability to regulate coaches at all in such a circumstance.

If they let that happen, how long before Belichick decides to become a full-time remote HC?  Coincidentally opposing teams would then start randomly having "accidental" crossing of transmissions as they start getting play calls from other unknown places that totally coincidentally happen to always be disastrous failures of epic proportions.

Probably true. Luddites.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Pretty rough to say someone deserves COVID because you think they are douchebags...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pretty rough to say someone deserves COVID because you think they are douchebags...

BG's hatred for the Browns runs deep.  Apparently he grew tired of people thinking that having a lot of high draft picks would eventually yield success for that franchise.  Funny how that stuff works.

I do despise Baker Mayfield's personality, though.  We agree there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

BG's hatred for the Browns runs deep.  Apparently he grew tired of people thinking that having a lot of high draft picks would eventually yield success for that franchise.  Funny how that stuff works.

I do despise Baker Mayfield's personality, though.  We agree there.

Seems so lol. Although I think Baker's greatest sin around here is that he turned out to be a better QB than Darnold.