Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

OR orrrrr maybe....it's a collaborative effort? Ya know....actually talked to each other about it? 

nope.  That's simply not possible  I think you're really reaching here man.  It not realistic that they have had any conversations or have come to any agreement on what to do here. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe D made the decision.  It was hard for him to do. Christopher Johnson informed Gase of that decision.  It was hard for him to do. No conspiracy here fellas.

chill dawg.  It's politics. The NFL is a big fraternity. These guys all get recycled. You don't burn bridges unless you absolutely have to. 

It's a big deal are you kidding ?  This is insight that we still don't really know if JD is calling the shots or not, he just said he fired Adam Gase in the press conference, Christopher Johnson

Posted Images

Maybe I’m not good at reading between the lines but...

It sounds like Joe is focused on the HC hiring process. Once the hire is made, the both of them will decide what to do at QB. Joe can’t know he’s trading Darnold because he hasn’t even interviewed a coaching candidate let alone hired one.

Step 1: Hire coach

Step 2: Rank Lawrence, Darnold, Fields, Wilson, and Lance.

The ranking of QBs in step 2 depends on the decision in step 1. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes there is 100% a story there. 

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that Douglas was NOT ADAM GASE'S BOSS. A fact that so many of you on this very board seem to complain about on a daily basis. 

They were co-workers. Peers. 

Firing your peer is not how reporting structures work. At all. 

I want to know who actually made the decision. Was Douglas allowed to unilaterally decide and then Johnson informed Gase because that's how the power structure was set up? Did they decide together? There is zero clarification on this. 

This makes a difference for the potential decision making process of a future head coach. Not sure why this is being remotely disputed. 

The end all, be all, is that this should have unquestionably been Johnsons decision and he should have unquestionably been the one to do so. Otherwise, he is a pussy and passing the hard decisions off on people. 

Bored Beauty GIF by The Hair Shield

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

It's a big deal are you kidding ? 

This is insight that we still don't really know if JD is calling the shots or not, he just said he fired Adam Gase in the press conference, Christopher Johnson said he did yesterday. 

So who's actually in charge?

Drama queen!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas on ESPN when asked about Darnold:

- Offensive line had injuries and couldn't build continuity

- Didn't have his starting WR's until week 9

- Finished season strong when team got somewhat healthy with a couple wins over playoff teams

- Think no player has a better mental makeup than Sam

- Thinks his best football ahead of him and he'll get it right

 

Jets fans:

"READ BETWEEN THE LINES!  SAMS DEFINITELY GONE!"

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes there is 100% a story there. 

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that Douglas was NOT ADAM GASE'S BOSS. A fact that so many of you on this very board seem to complain about on a daily basis. 

They were co-workers. Peers. 

Firing your peer is not how reporting structures work. At all. 

I want to know who actually made the decision. Was Douglas allowed to unilaterally decide and then Johnson informed Gase because that's how the power structure was set up? Did they decide together? There is zero clarification on this. 

This makes a difference for the potential decision making process of a future head coach. Not sure why this is being remotely disputed. 

The end all, be all, is that this should have unquestionably been Johnsons decision and he should have unquestionably been the one to do so. Otherwise, he is a pussy and passing the hard decisions off on people. 

It doesn’t have to be black and white. There are people I can fire but would still go through the owner out of respect. There are people I can’t fire that I could go to the owner and make a joint decision to fire them.

You are over thinking it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

sooooooo youre saying for short money????

Since when did we start talking about Dowell Loggains' severance package?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

have you ever worked at a corporation?  or a public organization.  what do you expect him to say?  

Irrelevant to this conversation. 

But agree he cant say what he really wants to thats if he wants to. 

I need something from JD to prove he's the right guy to fix this mess. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Douglas on ESPN when asked about Darnold:

- Offensive line had injuries and couldn't build continuity

- Didn't have his starting WR's until week 9

- Finished season strong when team got somewhat healthy with a couple wins over playoff teams

- Think no player has a better mental makeup than Sam

- Thinks his best football ahead of him and he'll get it right

 

Jets fans:

"READ BETWEEN THE LINES!  SAMS DEFINITELY GONE!"

Are you just sexually aroused by being wrong?

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm assuming you've never fired anybody in a corporation. Multiple people are involved in that conversation

 

Quite the opposite. At the level we are talking there arent "multiple people" involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It’s gonna be a nothing press conference. I’m just gonna assume it goes like this:

1) I wish it had worked out with Gase, he’s a good man and I wish him the best.

2) We will look for the right leader for our locker room

3) We believe we have talented guys we just need to create more competition 

4) Sam has great talent, can be great

5) when we get a coach we’ll decided how to progress with personnel in key positions including Quarterback

6) Chris Johnson is a great boss and he trusts me so I will do what is necessary to prove him right and build a winner.

Confirmed this guy is Joe Douglas 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Douglas on ESPN when asked about Darnold:

- Offensive line had injuries and couldn't build continuity

- Didn't have his starting WR's until week 9

- Finished season strong when team got somewhat healthy with a couple wins over playoff teams

- Think no player has a better mental makeup than Sam

- Thinks his best football ahead of him and he'll get it right

 

Jets fans:

"READ BETWEEN THE LINES!  SAMS DEFINITELY GONE!"

Exactly. The conclusion that Sam is gone has nothing to do with what Joe said. He literally said it’s going to be a collaborative  effort with the new HC. Assuming the new HC won’t prefer Darnold is an assumption. Assuming Douglas is lying to get Darnold’s trade value up is an assumption.

I think we will ultimately decide to go QB at #2. But it’s a stretch to think that decision has already been made.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not one of them would return to the Jets for double their salary.

We always have to overpay because we are always losers.  We've got to break the revolving door and get off the hamster wheel.  Very worrisome.  

SAR I

SAR, you know I’m a Gase Guy, but I don’t think he’d be a big free agent draw at this point, berr

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Maybe I’m not good a reading between the lines but...

It sounds like Joe is focused on the HC hiring process. Once the hire is made, the both of them will decide what to do at QB. Joe can’t know he’s trading Darnold because he hasn’t even interviewed a coaching candidate let alone hired one.

Step 1: Hire coach

Step 2: Rank Lawrence, Darnold, Fields, Wilson, and Lance.

The ranking of QBs in step 2 depends on the decision in step 1. 

You’re exactly correct.  Douglas was always going to say nice things about Sam and was always going to be noncommittal if pressed.  Collaboration with the new HC on the choice is key, and even if JD is leaning in a certain direction already he’s not going to tip his hand now.

Theres a large contingent on this board who are foaming at the mouth to get rid of Darnold.  The pitch forks and torches are out, so they’re going to interpret anything said as a way to back up what THEY WANT to happen.  
All our execs that have spoken since the end of season have all said the right things and touched on the right topics so far. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Exactly. The conclusion that Sam is gone has nothing to do with what Joe said. He literally said it’s going to be a collaborative  effort with the new HC. Assuming the new HC won’t prefer Darnold is an assumption. Assuming Douglas is lying to get Darnold’s trade value up is an assumption.

I think we will ultimately decide to go QB at #2. But it’s a stretch to think that decision has already been made.

the new HC has no interest in Sam Darnold.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

SAR, you know I’m a Gase Guy, but I don’t think he’d be a big free agent draw at this point, berr

Hard enough to believe that even one "Gase Guy" exists...

Now, we have proof of two in the same thread!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Hard enough to believe that even one "Gase Guy" exists...

Now, we have proof of two in the same thread!

yuck!! Gase seemed to neither be a subject matter expert OR an inspiring leader.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the hell do some of you simpletons still put anything of value into these pressers?

Darnold is gone. The Jets are drafting Fields. 

One of Campbell, Martindale, Mullen, Smith, or Daboll will be the Jets next HC.

The end

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Hard enough to believe that even one "Gase Guy" exists...

Now, we have proof of two in the same thread!

There's one guy that has worked in the NFL for years now that is a HUGE Gase guy.

Adam Gase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

MYTH

actually...  he has come in DEAD LAST in QBR  over the last 3 yrs...  so true, he has done what no other starting QB in the NFL can do.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

Yeah there is

No. There isnt. With the reporting structure as it currently stands, 

Its Christopher Johnson and that's it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pac said:

Douglas on ESPN when asked about Darnold:

- Offensive line had injuries and couldn't build continuity

- Didn't have his starting WR's until week 9

- Finished season strong when team got somewhat healthy with a couple wins over playoff teams

- Think no player has a better mental makeup than Sam

- Thinks his best football ahead of him and he'll get it right

 

Jets fans:

"READ BETWEEN THE LINES!  SAMS DEFINITELY GONE!"

Douglas: Well, Sam sucks. Somebody out there want to give me a 2nd for him?!

These people spend all season talking about how they can't come out and say people suck...

.. then "HE DIDN'T SAY SAM SUCKS!" SAM IS GOING TO THE HOF BOYS!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you hit rock bottom when a portion of you’re fan base wants to bring back the last rated QB for the past 3 seasons. 
 

wow 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

A statement of support for your now second year QB in a non contract year with a coach already in place. 

Vs. 

A QB in his 4th year now with an upcoming contract decision, and a head coach search underway. 

You're comparing apples to tampons here.  

Incorrect, there were rumors of Tua gettin Rosen’ed, GM stepped in front of that. Complete opposite of what Joe Douglas said about Sam.
 

Do you understand now????

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...