Mock of all the Jets picks. Yes, there is a Kicker

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'll ignore the trade scenario (which seems a bit unrealistic) and I won't claim to have a strong opinion on Fields vs. Wilson at #2 but I absolutely love the positions that were hit in the Mock.  Getting a QB at #2, Creed Humphrey at Center, a WR (Bateman) and RB (Harris) wouldn't just be a home run it would be a grandslam.  Slipping a very high-end CB into the first two rounds...another great move!  I'm on record as stating I'd have no problem using either one of our two picks in the 26-34 range (Seattle's 1st, Jets 2nd) on a defensive player IF it's a CB or passrusher and if it's a guy worthy of that spot.  I want offense like everyone else here, but we can go D with one of the first 3 picks IF it's the right guy.

Starting QB, C, WR and RB?  Sign me up!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I feel getting the 15th overall from the 49er's for Sam  is a pipe dream. Wish it happens but I seriously doubt it. 

It would have to be something like the Jets getting SF's 1st and then sending back a 3rd.  Sam and a 3rd for the #15 is something I'd do in a heartbeat.  Starting WR, TE, CB or Edge Rusher would make sense right there.

• Upvote 1

the trades wont happen. no way SF gives a #1 for Sam.

i dont like waiting that long for a WR, saying he is a #2. i like Mimms but it to early to tell if hes a #1 WR. i think we have to draft a WR1. aim for someone better than Mimms and let them decide whos #1

and i really dont think we need a RB that early or at all. too bad we wasted all season on Gore but the little we seen of Johnson (4.7) and Adams ( 5.4 yards per carry ) looked good. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

No way any of these dudes are still there where he has them slotted besides Wilson and maybe Humphrey.

Farley is IMO the best CB in the draft and will go somewhere in the Top 10.

To be honest I wouldn't give a sh*t if he's Darrelle Revis come again.

Help the f*cking QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

To be honest I wouldn't give a sh*t if he's Darrelle Revis come again.

Help the f*cking QB. 

All depends on what Douglas does in FA.

If we land a couple of big fish like Allen Robinson and Joe Thuney on the offensive side, I don’t have an issue with taking a CB or EDGE with the Seattle pick.

But even then, the majority of our picks should still be devoted to the offense.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

All depends on what Douglas does in FA.

If we land a couple of big fish like Allen Robinson and Joe Thuney on the offensive side, I don’t have an issue with taking a CB or EDGE with the Seattle pick.

But even then, the majority of our picks should still be devoted to the offense.

No it doesn’t....

If we haven’t learned our lesson I really don’t know what to tell you.  EVERYTHING should be about supporting the QB.  Defense barely matters in this league anymore if you have a good offense....Especially a good QB.

Develop the QB, support him in any way you can - worry about defense in 3 years when he’s capable of doing more with less.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

No it doesn’t....

If we haven’t learned our lesson I really don’t know what to tell you.  EVERYTHING should be about supporting the QB.  Defense barely matters in this league anymore if you have a good offense....Especially a good QB.

Develop the QB, support him in any way you can - worry about defense in 3 years when he’s capable of doing more with less.

Yes, we should absolutely do a better job in supporting a guy like Fields than we did with Darnold. No one is disputing that.

But if a Fields or Wilson needs all-pros at every position in order to succeed...then why the hell are we discussing drafting one of them at #2 in the first place?

If you give Fields a competent coach, an improved OL and Robinson, Mims and Crowder as his Top 3 receivers...then he’s a chump if he can’t make it work.

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, we should absolutely do a better job in supporting a guy like Fields than we did with Darnold. No one is disputing that.

But if a Fields or Wilson needs all-pros at every position in order to succeed...then why the hell are we discussing drafting one of them at #2 in the first place?

If you give Fields a competent coach, an improved OL and Robinson, Mims and Crowder as his Top 3 receivers...then he’s a chump if he can’t make it work.

It's not about winning the super bowl in the next two years - it's about turning this kid into a top 10 QB that will have you in the playoffs every year for the next decade.  It's worth sacrificing a couple of drafts to give the kid EVERY chance you can to LEARN the game. 

It's not about what he needs to succeed - it's about what gives him the best chance to become a FQB. 

That's why I say, in three years draft all the defense you want - he should be able to do more with less at that point - if he's not then he's not the guy and you move and try again.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's not about winning the super bowl in the next two years - it's about turning this kid into a top 10 QB that will have you in the playoffs every year for the next decade.  It's worth sacrificing a couple of drafts to give the kid EVERY chance you can to LEARN the game. 

It's not about what he needs to succeed - it's about what gives him the best chance to become a FQB. 

That's why I say, in three years draft all the defense you want - he should be able to do more with less at that point - if he's not then he's not the guy and you move and try again.

That’s fine, and I wouldn’t be against taking that path.

But Joe Douglas WON’T take that path. No GM worth his salt would.

The guy cut his teeth under Ozzie Newsome for 15 years who constructed some of the best, most well rounded rosters in the league throughout his tenure in Baltimore.

Douglas isn’t just going to stack the offense while the defense is a total afterthought and continually lose games 38-31.

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The guy cut his teeth under Ozzie Newsome for 15 years who constructed some of the best, most well rounded rosters in the league throughout his tenure in Baltimore.

Douglas isn’t just going to stack the offense while the defense is a total afterthought and continually lose games 38-31.

Lol, especially with Neville Hewitt in coverage! THATS ANOTHER PATRIOT 1ST DOWN! Did the Patriots throw the ball farther than 5 yards? GMAFB! A team that hadn't had a TD in like 7 quarters dropped 28 points on us! 

How does your QB learn how to play the game from the sidelines all game, trotting out there down 14? 

• Upvote 2

i would want to see what we could get for trading down twice and keep Sam another year, but if we could really get a #1 for Sam, I would pack his bags for him. Personally, I think his career is likely over - hopefully for him another team would help him turn it around, but a 1st? and the #15? crazy.

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll ignore the trade scenario (which seems a bit unrealistic) and I won't claim to have a strong opinion on Fields vs. Wilson at #2 but I absolutely love the positions that were hit in the Mock.  Getting a QB at #2, Creed Humphrey at Center, a WR (Bateman) and RB (Harris) wouldn't just be a home run it would be a grandslam.  Slipping a very high-end CB into the first two rounds...another great move!  I'm on record as stating I'd have no problem using either one of our two picks in the 26-34 range (Seattle's 1st, Jets 2nd) on a defensive player IF it's a CB or passrusher and if it's a guy worthy of that spot.  I want offense like everyone else here, but we can go D with one of the first 3 picks IF it's the right guy.

Starting QB, C, WR and RB?  Sign me up!

I completely agree. I also think Carman could possibly be a starting caliber RT, if not right away, then down the line. 

However, guys like Bateman, Najee and maybe even Creed won't slide as far down as this mock has them. 

One guy on my radaar is Q.Roche out of Miami. If he is available in the 3rd round I'd def. go after him. 

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Then he’s being a bad GM.