PYP2021 Game Thread

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Scene" was posted at 6:16, post deadline.  A couple posts earlier Nolder responded to Barry saying "its not the deadline yet", which implies not all NA's were in yet.  

Good catch. When are night action deadlines  only 20 hrs though lol.. in fact the weird deadline makes you theory more likely 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My bad.  Busy day, + spent a lot of my available time in the main forum following along with the coaching search.  What a c*ck tease.  Not that that's unfamiliar territory for me.

I'm here now and my body is ready.  

Do we have a coach ? 

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

leaning scum on jif, gata and that lizzy chick for now. neutral on everyone else so far - no town reads.

I don't get the drums train - just seems like typical D1 drums to me.

where the F has ape been?

I have 4 posts. I knowi wore them with concise depth but, Which one of those jumped out as scummy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

leaning scum on jif, gata and that lizzy chick for now. neutral on everyone else so far - no town reads.

1. D1 no one really trust anyone unless they have prior knowledge of who's who ..there's no masons here.... so why say that?

Usually players that buddy up they do it with Town folk to gain trust or with their own scummates now you or JV could be either or 

2. the whole baiting reaction thing (that might part of his town meta aka baby ape ) but the why not vote gata thing was weird 

3. I'm not scum, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not once I die or w/e you or whoever is town can look at my train for clues.

All 3 of you were pretty pushy on that train which comes back to the scummates possibility or just iggy town folk.

As of right now though we've been fortunate no town deaths have occurred.

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

1. D1 no one really trust anyone unless they have prior knowledge of who's who ..there's no masons here.... so why say that?

Usually players that buddy up they do it with Town folk to gain trust or with their own scummates now you or JV could be either or 

2. the whole baiting reaction thing (that might part of his town meta aka baby ape ) but the why not vote gata thing was weird 

3. I'm not scum, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not once I die or w/e you or whoever is town can look at my train for clues.

All 3 of you were pretty pushy on that train which comes back to the scummates possibility or just iggy town folk.

As of right now though we've been fortunate no town deaths have occurred.

That trust comment was goofy but I just don't think scum is going to come out w/such a blatant tell like that on D1? Not ruling it out but seems unlikely.

Thanks for letting us know we're fortunate that no town deaths have occurred so far. That is super townie of you to feel that way.

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That trust comment was goofy but I just don't think scum is going to come out w/such a blatant tell like that on D1? Not ruling it out but seems unlikely.

Thanks for letting us know we're fortunate that no town deaths have occurred so far. That is super townie of you to feel that way.

EAD :) 

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Integrity28 @CTM @kdels62 any thoughts to add 

I still don’t like JiF. His game doesn’t feel very Town JiF to me. 

Id also be willing to vote for Drums. He’s being annoying like usual but his whole “I’m just trying to stir the pot thing” is not really his thing. He’s usually scum hunting not admittedly pot stirring. Those two are only real reads I have. 

In terms of the meta, the lack of death is interesting. I’m a firm believer that kills lead to info but the slow play is pro-town so i can’t really complain. 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, Stark said:

nicely done.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(4) 80 - Ballin, JC, Jvill, CTM

(1) Gata - Drums

(1) Jif - Stark

(1) Jvill - Barry

(1) Stark - Spoot

(1) CTM - Gata

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Here’s the VC as of Stark’s comment initial comment that 80 would later claim was the basis for his vote.

On 1/8/2021 at 10:59 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Stark

80’s vote on Stark. It comes a while after Stark’s comment, but 80 didn’t post anything the thread in the interim so possible this is when he first saw it.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:01 PM, Drums said:

Do I have to get this party started?

unvote vote 80 and he is now at L-2

On 1/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(5) 80 - Ballin, JC, Jvill, CTM, Drums

(2) CTM - Gata, Ape

(2) Stark - Spoot, 80

(1) Jif - Stark

(1) Ballin - Barry

Deadline: Monday 6PM PST

Drums pushes 80 to L-2. Didn’t remember this happening, thought he was one of the ones who just jumped on the Stark train for unstated reasons.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:24 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote stark

On 1/9/2021 at 10:28 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(5) 80 - Ballin, JC, Jvill, CTM, Drums

(3) Stark - Spoot, 80, Barry

(2) CTM - Gata, Ape

(1) Jif - Stark

Barry pushes it more even. @Barry McCockinner Reason for this vote?

On 1/9/2021 at 11:50 PM, Drums said:

Unvote vote Stark

On 1/10/2021 at 12:30 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(4) 80 - Ballin, JC, Jvill, CTM

(4) Stark - Spoot, 80, Barry, Drums

(2) CTM - Gata, Ape

(1) Jif - Stark

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Now here’s Drums tying up the trains. I think he’s said since that he just wanted to even up the competing trains, but no explanation after seeming like he wanted to push 80 is weird. Put 80 to L-2 and then let the pressure off.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice to see you guys voting Stark with me.  I voted him based on this one post.  Town Stark would have moved his vote to me after this.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:39 PM, jvill 51 said:

Interesting. Your vote on Stark seemed out of place to me at that point in the game without even a joking explanation, like you were trying to sneak it in there or were waiting for a reaction. Decided to hold off questioning in case it was the latter.

So, question: why hold off on that reasoning until now?

On 1/10/2021 at 11:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

People usually lay into me for casing based on 1 post/small sample of posts on D1.  Now that others followed me on it and the deadline is less than 24 hours away I figured it was safe to do so.

Already discussed what I didn’t like about this exchange, just putting it here again for continuity.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:40 AM, Drums said:

@Stark thoughts? 

On 1/11/2021 at 12:13 PM, Stark said:

thoughts are.... @jvill 51 made a well thought out and humorous post that I said nicely done. The fact that he used that to vote 80 was not what i was referring to as the "nicely done". thats it 

D1 pretty slow. I was pretty busy on the weekend only really spot checking the board and honestly with all the games kind of forgot about this game. I see that I didn't really miss anything other that being 80's competing train, lol.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, Drums said:

Getting away from house hunters and back to scum hunters, I don't hate what 80 said about Stark. I think Stark usually isn't shy about voting people, especially 80. I'll keep my vote there for now. 

@GATA you show up to say good morning but don't say anything about 80s take on Stark. Thoughts?

On 1/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, GATA said:

Honestly @Jetsfan80 made a good point Stark hasn't moved either even after that comment.

I honestly thought there was still lollygagging going on didn't know an actual case occurred Danke on that.

I'm ok getting serious now 

unvote the smelly hippie VOTE Stark.

ORALEEEEEEEEEE!

Couple of things here. First, I believe Drums has said he believed Stark defended well and that’s why he’d later move his vote off of him. But here, Stark makes his defense and Drums isn’t moved by it. Second, GATA jumps on the bandwagon pretty willingly, piggybacking off 80’s reasoning with the slight nudge from Drums.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:52 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(5) Stark - Spoot, 80, Barry, Drums, Gata

(1) CTM - Ape

(2) Jif - Stark, Kdels

(1) Ballin - Jif

On 1/11/2021 at 2:53 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote bot

reason: she's scum

On 1/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, Nolder said:

Votecount

(4) Stark - Spoot, 80, Drums, Gata

(1) CTM - Ape

(1) Jif - Kdels

(1) Ballin - Jif

(1) Spoot - Stark

(1) Gata - Barry

Barry jumps off the wagon

On 1/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, Drums said:

I also thought that was a calculated move by 80. The bold hadn't occurred to me, I need to think now... 

unvote

Here’s Drums bailing off Stark. Doesn’t really have anything to do with Stark’s defense, the post he’s responding to is mine questioning 80.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Drums said:

Vote Gata

She was the only one that jumped on the Stark train after 80s claim and did it as soon as we pointed it out to her. Something smells with that. 

Drums then votes GATA. If Drums and GATA are both scum, this is some well played distancing after his nudge to her from earlier. Also don’t have as much of a problem as I did yesterday when you take these last two posts from Drums together. My post was questioning 80’s logic, which he unvoted for, and then he voted for someone who endorsed that logic.

So, thoughts on the above:

1. Drums: Most concerning thing to me is that his D2 explanation for why he moved off Stark doesn’t match what actually seems to have happened on D1. Also don’t like his vote to put 80 at L-2 only to let up just to even up the trains. Not as concerned about his unvote of Stark and move to GATA. Meta wise his play hits his town meta, i.e. active early on, but he’s been pegged for this before and at some point I expect him to play into that so not sure how much stock I put into that right now.

2. GATA: Same as before, still don’t like her jumping on the Stark train at the slightest suggestion. It was the first actual gameplay reasoning presented though. I need to re-read her game but I feel like she’s done a lot of endorsing other’s reasoning without making reads of her own.

3. Barry’s movements were also a little off. Want to hear his explanations.

4. 80 still looks the worst to me out of this group. I can see an explanation for the others mentioned, but 80’s play/explanation still doesn’t fit for me.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nothing significant that I can recall. I probably liked the idea of competing trains at the time. 

Any reason why Stark instead of CTM, both were at 2 votes at the time? Also, why the unvote and then move to GATA when she didn’t have a vote on her at the time?

16 hours ago, Drums said:

Go back and read his posts. Do you come away thinking he is scum from that? I came away thinking I should look at other people for now. It is not like 80s comment was super strong but it got the game going at least. 

This isn't about what I think of Stark, it's about Teacher checking your homework, son.

23 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Any reason why Stark instead of CTM, both were at 2 votes at the time? Also, why the unvote and then move to GATA when she didn’t have a vote on her at the time?

When gata commented and voted the way she did my scumdar went off the charts.

I don't remember why I choose stark over ctm. Like I said it wasn't anything significant that I recall. D1 not much going on type of movements. The gata vote was my first vote that had significance.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2021 at 1:32 PM, JiF said:

I'd vote 1 of the following 3; Kdels, Barry or Jville.

Kdels - for the gross late vote

Barry - for calling out the gross late vote but opening the day with a vote on Gata and then me.

jville - pushing conspiracies, we've seen what the leads to.

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

Votecount
(3) Jif - Jvill, Barry, Kdels

lololololololololol

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

1. Drums: Most concerning thing to me is that his D2 explanation for why he moved off Stark doesn’t match what actually seems to have happened on D1. Also don’t like his vote to put 80 at L-2 only to let up just to even up the trains. Not as concerned about his unvote of Stark and move to GATA. Meta wise his play hits his town meta, i.e. active early on, but he’s been pegged for this before and at some point I expect him to play into that so not sure how much stock I put into that right now.

2. GATA: Same as before, still don’t like her jumping on the Stark train at the slightest suggestion. It was the first actual gameplay reasoning presented though. I need to re-read her game but I feel like she’s done a lot of endorsing other’s reasoning without making reads of her own.

4. 80 still looks the worst to me out of this group. I can see an explanation for the others mentioned, but 80’s play/explanation still doesn’t fit for me.

Interesting ... so there's 0 mention of the person you're actually voting for.

Why is that?

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I followed spoot ape bath gif back to this... I’ve only been coming to JN for the DM threads and very high-level skimming of coaching news. Sorry, just not that into the game yet. 

I’ll stay in for now, but if I don’t pick up I will ask for replacement.

50 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Good work from jvill. He's giving me strong town vibes so far.

Drums is still highly suspect for me, and he's still my first choice. Call it a gut-feeling. Tbh, I haven't focused enough on Gata's play yet, and that's because I have a habit of always reading her as scum, especially early on, so I want the game to gestate some more before I try to peg her alignment. And I'm not about to try to tie the two together.

I actually feel okay about Barry for now. There was at least one post of his that echoed a similar thought I had, and nothing in his play has pinged to me yet. His vote on Gata happened right after her jump on the Stark train, and before anyone else took notice of it (except for 80 who praised it -- I assume for lolz). I questioned him on it, and his response felt townie. If his vote on her came after people had piled on her, or after he was nudging her along, then it'd be suspect, but it feels more like genuine scum hunting.

I'm null on 80 so far. His late explanation and playing cautious is out of meta for him -- for either alignment -- so it could just be him changing up his game, which is something I could see him do as town or scum. Not ready to string him up yet.