Zach Wilson’s fathers Twitter activity

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Do you really believe Fields is a better prospect than Lawrence????

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

No I don't, because of the relative lack of games played.

I have consistently said on this site, since the beginning of the college football season that Fields has a higher ceiling that Lawrence, but he also has a higher bust factor. Lawrence is the safer pick in my mind. 

Again, all one person's opinion. But these comparisons of rushes faced, open receivers in comparison are pretty petty.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s hard to gauge a players ability throwing with no rush and receiver wide open on his first read.

Completely agree. Especially when considering that 90% of Lawrence’s throws are less than 5 yards from the LOS, and he plays on one of the best teams in the country and faces inferior competition every Saturday! 

Generational. Ha!

• Upvote 4

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

That's the thing.  He doesn't really have lots of experience going through progressions. Clemson's offense is just as simplified, if not more, than Ohio States.  Half field reads, majority of throws are close to the line of scrimmage.  

Fair enough. Again, just my eye test here. But the gap between Lawrence and Fields seems massive. Fields just doesnt jump out to me. He cant run like Kyler either, which is a ding.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

LOL - this board is so wishy-washy with the recency bias.

2 weeks ago everyone hates Fields after 1 poor game, Wilson was the savior

Last week fields demolishes Clemson and now everyone loves him.

now Wilson’s dad likes some Twitter stuff and it’s “eff him I like fields more”

stick to your guns people.

• Upvote 3

They get all dreamy-eyed after the twink throws balls to guys five yards open at the Boca Raton Bowl vs UCF, but somehow knock Fields throwing guys open vs the second ranked team in the country. 

Curious ...

What makes you refer to Wilson as "the twink" ??

His superior arm talent? His superior football acumen? Or his superior girlfriends ...

El2AqCWWkAIs9JF.thumb.jpeg.bc1c36160c7054cd8ad537dfa28d7ac1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Besides our QB decision/plight, I have not stopped thinking that Belicheat and NE will pull off a shocker.  Seeing Wilson in a Pats' hat is interesting, but I don't believe that picking him is their move.  Not sure what they will orchestrate.  But something huge (trading up somehow for pick 1 or 2, mega trade?) is on the horizon. I feel it in my decrepit bones.

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I cant believe after watching Fields highlights of him not facing any sort of rush and throwing to guys wide open he’d go 2 overall. Watch the Northwestern game...holding the ball typically means he’s not seeing past his first read, which is fairly important at the NFL level. Wilson seems a bit douchey and has not played great comp, but he looks better overall. Not sold on either though...so typical Jets!

One bad game out of 20, let’s write the player off for good 

• Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

No I don't, because of the relative lack of games played.

I have consistently said on this site, since the beginning of the college football season that Fields has a higher ceiling that Lawrence, but he also has a higher bust factor. Lawrence is the safer pick in my mind. 

Again, all one person's opinion. But these comparisons of rushes faced, open receivers in comparison are pretty petty.

Make that 2 person’s opinion, Scott. But now that Lawrence is out of the picture, I’m very happy with Fields. 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Completely agree. 

In terms of Fields vs Lawrence, I want the guy with the higher floor. Lawrence has been the #1 guy for longer. Aside from the title game last year, he's generally lived up to it. He's probably already surpassed the "10,000 hours" milestone in terms of QB1 reps in practices and live action. For me, all of that is tangible, and it significantly raises his floor.

My viewpoint has always been that aside from the few truly elite talents in NFL history, NFL coaching and roster talent will be larger determinants of how a young QB fares than his own talent alone. Since I'm banking on JD getting the roster in shape and picking the right coaching staff (what other choice do I have?), I want Lawrence at 1.1 as the safer pick to be a top 10 QB, even if he never materializes as a top 2 or 3 QB. Fields could be ARod 5 years from now, but if not put in the right circumstances, could also be a backup after his rookie deal.

All that said, if we **** around and win a game or two, I'm perfectly happy with Fields at 1.2. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The thing about this argument that bugs me the most is it's as if Lawrence and Wilson aren't throwing to dudes in wide open space all game. It's a negative for Field, ignored for others.

The thing that bothers me is that we dissect the Jets games and complain about Darnold missing all these dudes in wide open space.  If the guy isn't finding them, isn't that a negative?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not at all. It's just hard to quantify how good he is when he hasnt faced any sort of pass rush. The Jets kinda have to get this one right.

Matt, with all due respect, you seem a bit wishy washy here:

Fields: Throw out 2018, he didn't play quality minutes. 2019-2020 Fields sacked 51 times in 21 games.

Year Team Sacked
2018 UGa 4
2019 OhioSt 31
2020 OhioSt 20
Career   55

Lawrence: 2019-2020 sacked 30 times in 25 games

Career Passing Stats
Year Team Sacked
2018 Clem 11
2019 Clem 17
2020 Clem 13
Career   41

Now, this does not count how many pressures they each faced, but your analysis seems off.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fair enough. Again, just my eye test here. But the gap between Lawrence and Fields seems massive. Fields just doesnt jump out to me. He cant run like Kyler either, which is a ding.

Youre right but no one has been rated as high as Lawrence during their college careers, so what's the point?  In one piece PFF talked about Lawrence being generational but also adding that Fields was rated all of 1 point behind him and could be the better NFL QB.  Now theres a piece claiming the same with Wilson as a pro.  

I would be fine with Wilson if the Jets believe hes the better prospect, I can see it as a possibility. I can see the case for either QB, theyre both talented and this years combine is going to be really important to Wilson.  

This is your style, every HC candidate that isnt who you prefer, theyre horrible choices, any QB you dont want, theyre horrible with XY& Z wrong with their games.  

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fields cant, but he's being positioned as a dual threat guy no?

Fields is a passing QB who yes can run so some call him a dual threat.  Being dual threat doesnt mean he runs like somebody else, means he can run.  

Guess what, Wilson can run but not like Fields.  Is athletic but not as athletic asw Fields.  No one cares.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Fields: Throw out 2018, he didn't play quality minutes. 2019-2020 Fields sacked 51 times in 21 games.

Year Team Sacked
2018 UGa 4
2019 OhioSt 31
2020 OhioSt 20
Career   55

Career Passing Stats
Year Team Sacked
2018 Clem 11
2019 Clem 17
2020 Clem 13
Career   41

Now, this does not count how many pressures they each faced, but your analysis seems off.

Mic drop ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right but no one has been rated as high as Lawrence during their college careers, so what's the point?  In one piece PFF talked about Lawrence being generational but also adding that Fields was rated all of 1 point behind him and could be the better NFL QB.  Now theres a piece claiming the same with Wilson as a pro.  

I would be fine with Wilson if the Jets believe hes the better prospect, I can see it as a possibility. I can see the case for either QB, theyre both talented and this years combine is going to be really important to Wilson.  

This is your style, every HC candidate that isnt who you prefer, theyre horrible choices, any QB you dont want, theyre horrible with XY& Z wrong with their games.  

Fields is a passing QB who yes can run so some call him a dual threat.  Being dual threat doesnt mean he runs like somebody else, means he can run.  

Guess what, Wilson can run but not like Fields.  Is athletic but not as athletic asw Fields.  No one cares.

I don’t believe I said either were horrible, but feel free to put words in my mouth. 

The Jets are coming off a 2-14 season and countless poor drafts. If you’re not being critical as a fan then you’re just being a homer. I’m sorry this bugs your sensibilities so much.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I cant believe after watching Fields highlights of him not facing any sort of rush and throwing to guys wide open he’d go 2 overall. Watch the Northwestern game...holding the ball typically means he’s not seeing past his first read, which is fairly important at the NFL level. Wilson seems a bit douchey and has not played great comp, but he looks better overall. Not sold on either though...so typical Jets!

Fields not having Olave for the Northwestern game made a pretty big impact.  So i cut him a little slack there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Year Team Sacked
2018 UGa 4
2019 OhioSt 31
2020 OhioSt 20
Career   55

Career Passing Stats
Year Team Sacked
2018 Clem 11
2019 Clem 17
2020 Clem 13
Career   41

More sacks = better now? Fields holds the ball too long, isn’t that his biggest knock?

At this point comparing anyone to Lawrence isn’t going to do us any good because he’s going to Jacksonville anyways.

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lawrence has 3 years of play, going through progressions, throwing guys open etc. There’s a reason he’s a stone cold lock to go first overall. I don’t see them remotely close as players.

Wait, what?  lol

I'm baffled.  Baffled.  He throws screens, check downs and swings...