Zach Wilson’s fathers Twitter activity

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The group think is amazing. The new one is that Wilson is perfect for the Shanahan system. Wilson plays almost exclusively out of the shotgun and the 49ers play under center more than almost any other team in the league. If there is a QB that is a fit for the system, its Trey Lance.

Wilson played from under center more than Lawrence and Fields. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

No way Joe Douglas takes this kid at 2 and has a Danny Dimes moment. If we move back abs kid floats fine with us? Sure maybe. But at 2? No way in hell. 

Except Danny Dimes was projected mid to late 1st pick. Wilson and Fields are projected top 2-10 guys. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Doesn’t mean he belongs there. 

It means that’s where he’s being evaluated and placed by consensus. Comparing it to Gettleman’s bad decision making is inaccurate as an example. Wilson and Fields might suck, but nobody will bat an eyelash if they’re the pick at 2 (precombine and workouts).

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

As opposed to the defenses Trevor Lawrence plays against? In games where talent is basically equal Wilson was the reason BYU was dominant. It’s a relative. Like clearly Trevor Lawrence is so good he turns the balance of talent against Notre Dame in favor of Clemson. 

It is relative, I made the point because you were defending Wilson by saying he threw to sh!t receivers. Well, Wilson also played against sh!t defenses, so it is all a wash. You can't argue that he plays with less talented receivers without acknowledging that he also plays against less talented defenses.

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

It means that’s where he’s being evaluated and placed by consensus. Comparing it to Gettleman’s bad decision making is inaccurate as an example. Wilson and Fields might suck, but nobody will bat an eyelash if there the pick at 2 (precombine and workouts).

I see your point and I don’t disagree. I guess it’s the competition they faced that caused me to draw the comparison and I believe that will come up if we took him at 2 and he is lackluster. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No way Joe Douglas takes this kid at 2 and has a Danny Dimes moment. If we move back and kid floats  with us? Sure maybe. But at 2? No way in hell. 

But what if he is Saleh's guy? Could've been part of his interview pitch to JD that he feels he can take this kid and Quinnen all the way to the top. If thats the case then in Saleh I trust.

23 minutes ago, juxsta said:

But what if he is Saleh's guy? Could've been part of his interview pitch to JD that he feels he can take this kid and Quinnen all the way to the top. If thats the case then in Saleh I trust.

I doubt very much is Saleh or any coach knows enough about these college kids to make a statement like that.

3 minutes ago, juxsta said:

Urban Meyer says hi. Bet he's riding the Lawrence train all the way to Jacksonville.

They are picking #1 anyone picking #1 is taking lawrence.

Saleh has been kind of busy to be knowing these guys enough to say he loves wilson and wants wilson.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No way Joe Douglas takes this kid at 2 and has a Danny Dimes moment. If we move back and kid floats  with us? Sure maybe. But at 2? No way in hell. 

So, he’s good enough to to take at 8 (or so) but not at 2?

Don’t mean to be argumentative but that is just flawed logic.  We’re not talking about A T or WR...

If you’re taking a QB in the first round it’s to be your FQB.  if you don’t think the guy is worthy of being taken at 2 you sure as sh— shouldn’t be taking him at 8 either. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:49 AM, freestater said:

Here, let me do the heavy lifting for you, since you seem so...incapable. Yeah. I'm bi. Never mentioned it before on this board because I learned a long time ago not to mention sh*t you don't have a sense of humor about on a football message board. And I have zero sense of humor about my sexuality nor the bigots in this world that try to make something out of it. In fact, the only way I've ever outed myself before this has been face to face, because for some reason when ppl are right in front of me, they lose the balls to call me a queer or a faggot or whatever. Unfortunately,  through the internet, you can't get your hands on a foul mouthed bigot for spewing their crap at you. So, here's the ******* notice right now: I have zero sense of humor about it. Any toxic homophobic bullsh*t levied at me, I'm going to report immediately. And I'm pretty sure that @Maxman isn't going to tolerate anybody harassing or trolling me about it. Save your bigoted sh*t for somebody else. I made it through the 80s and the 90s getting into fights on the regular over this sh*t and I'm not about to hear the same bullsh*t 30 years later from another ridiculous twat who never grew the **** up. 

So go ahead a$$hole, yuk it up. I'd do it to yourself though, because you ******* spew it at me, ill make sure you're deleted from this board and then I can get back to talking football with old friends. Without bigots around to ruin it. 

Hey I missed this the other day, sorry I just saw that I was tagged in this.  First of all you absolutely don't have to, nobody should have to, answer to anything or explain personal stuff here. But more importantly I am proud of you. If anyone wants to be ignorant I can't stop them. But I will stop them from doing it here.

• Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I reference PFF often, but they aren't gospel. They put out some ridiculous stat that Wilson had only 3 interceptable passes all season, I counted more than 3 in just the Houston game.

They claim 4 and I think they’re wrong. You had 3 against Houston, I had 1 in that game.  Off the top of my head there were at least 2 against Boise. I doubt he only had 1 more in 8 more games 

Point is even if their charting isn’t perfect I doubt it’s so far off. Wilson definitely did it more than Lawrence, Fields is trickier I think.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So, he’s good enough to to take at 8 (or so) but not at 2?

Don’t mean to be argumentative but that is just flawed logic.  We’re not talking about A T or WR...

If you’re taking a QB in the first round it’s to be your FQB.  if you don’t think the guy is worthy of being taken at 2 you sure as sh— shouldn’t be taking him at 8 either. 

I’m not saying he’s good enough to take at any slot. I just feel that if we did move back  got some value and  he was there then it might  big might make more sense than taking him at two. I’m also not denying it’s false logic , I see your point but most of the time I go with my gut. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Actually, Wilson takes a lot of dumb hits it’s an area of concern with him.

Yeah but does he attempt to become a runner as much as Fields ? I legitimately asking .. I have only seen them both play twice. It is really my biggest thing .. I have never liked running QBs .. back to Vick.

Edited by Dunnie

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah but does he attempt to become a runner as much as Fields ? I legitimately asking .. I have only seen them both play twice. It is really my biggest thing .. I have never liked running QBs .. back to Vick.

He doesn’t, he ran about 70 times last season but it is was a lot of designed runs. He probably runs less than Trevor Lawrence too. Wilson will run though and sometimes he will slide and sometimes he will lower his helmet and other times he will hurdle and other time he’ll dive at people. He’s not always protecting his body.