Jump to content

Zach Wilson’s fathers Twitter activity


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was high on Wilson for a very short time. Meaning I thought he was going to be the 2nd pick, but the Jets aren't taking him. 

It will be Fields unless the Jags want him, in which case it will be Trevor.

Well...  JN pronounced Fields sucks cos he had a couple rough games and that we should roll with Sam cos every other non TLaw QB was bad.

Not so,.

I think there is a good shot he is every bit as good as Matt Stafford.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see a story here.....but honestly, as a Dad, I wouldn't want my kid going to the Jets either.

Always liked Fields better anyway. God Douglas better not **** this up. Just draft Fields.

Meanwhile Semone Becton (Mekhi’s mom) on Twitter this season every Sunday.... @semonebecton   Jan 4

Posted Images

Also I am rooting that Zach ball sout, that Fields gets picked by Jax and WE GET LAWRENCE and he is a bust.

JN deserves this.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freestater said:

 

 

 

 

🤔

Nice try. 

If you cant understand that you were coming off like a homophobe to begin with, then you are as dense as they come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@freestater

Let me spell it out for you. 

1. First guy makes homophobic twink comment towards wilson. 

2. Second guy takes issue and calls out his homophobic remark by asking about his google history. 

3. First guy deflects and tries to call second guy a homophobe. 

That's the entire story. Full stop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

@freestater

Let me spell it out for you. 

1. First guy makes homophobic twink comment towards wilson. 

2. Second guy takes issue and calls out his homophobic remark by asking about his google history. 

3. First guy deflects and tries to call second guy a homophobe. 

That's the entire story. Full stop. 

Let me put it in terms you'll understand: fake news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freestater said:

Let me put it in terms you'll understand: fake news. 

Yes it's so fake news that you were calling Wilson a Twink, very aggressively at that. 

I dont care what your sexuality is, you deserved to be made fun of when you made that comment towards him. 

Not my problem that you tried to deflect the attention off of your seriously inappropriate comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTJet said:

Yes it's so fake news that you were calling Wilson a Twink, very aggressively at that. 

I dont care what your sexuality is, you deserved to be made fun of when you made that comment towards him. 

Not my problem that you tried to deflect the attention off of your seriously inappropriate comment. 

You apparently don't even know what the term means, so spare me the indignation. 

First step when you find yourself in a hole: quit digging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Always liked Fields better anyway. God Douglas better not **** this up. Just draft Fields.

Jets have a chance to set up their future for a decade plus by picking Fields.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heymangold said:

LOL - this board is so wishy-washy with the recency bias.

2 weeks ago everyone hates Fields after 1 poor game, Wilson was the savior

Last week fields demolishes Clemson and now everyone loves him.

now Wilson’s dad likes some Twitter stuff and it’s “eff him I like fields more”

stick to your guns people.

Well people alter their impressions after significant events occur. Seems fair given the sample size for these guys. They don't have 3 years of starting games to fall back on - let alone years of footage against NFL defenses, and none have any experience against elite NFL defenses - and even if they did who really cares about any mistakes or even big throws made when a kid is 18-19 years old?

So when fans see someone seem to get exposed, or seem to overcome adversity in a big way, those are things that could rightly challenge one's prior impression. I think it's understandable, and anyway, it's what makes this such an inexact process. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, freestater said:

You apparently don't even know what the term means, so spare me the indignation. 

First step when you find yourself in a hole: quit digging. 

I'm not the one digging. The term is and always has been used as a derogatory term towards young gay men. 

You may not personally think it's wrong, but plenty of other people do. 

Edit: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT-related_slurs

While Wikipedia isnt the end all be all with truth, care to have a look? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTJet said:

I'm not the one digging. The term is and always has been used as a derogatory term towards young gay men. 

You may not personally think it's wrong, but plenty of other people do. 

Bahahahahahaha

You seriously think you're going to school me on terms used in the lgbt community? 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

https://twitter.com/jordan_reid/status/1345186949343178763?s=21 

If you want to go tit for tat on big boy throws it’s going to fall in Lawrence’s favor

Really?  We're doing gifs of one throw now to prove points?  I can show you all sorts of big boy throws from Fields, you had an entire game of them the other night where Fields looks like 10x the player, not just from a production standpoint but also from a leadership perspective.  

And I'm not even making claims of who is better between the 2.  I'm not arguing TL is going 1 overall.  Simply challenging IMO your inaccurate takes on Justin Fields but since you have your mind made up and refuse to look at him with an objective eye, I'll just leave you alone on the topic and let you do your thing.  All good, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, just expected a little more of an actual conversation, I guess.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freestater said:

Bahahahahahaha

You seriously think you're going to school me on terms used in the lgbt community? 

 

Yes apparently. 

I edited my last post with a link for you to read. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Here's the thing, the entire NCAA plays this way.  You think Lawrence is doing something different?  Have you watched any Zach Wilson?  Dude throws the balls with 20 feet of space between him and his OL....and he still drifts away.  The only program where you see someone running a prostyle offense, is Texas A&M, are you interested in Kellen Mond?  

You need to look at some of the film break down on him, this first read stuff you say over and over again is totally bogus.  He's asked to go through progressions probably more then anyone in the NCAA because they'll run 4 verts 20 times a game (another reason the ball seems to be held long) and go through each progression.  His TD to the TE that he literally placed in his hands, he went from through 4 progressions.  Started right to the 2 WR's, came back to the middle of the field and threw the TD to his last progression.  His bomb to Olave, the post was the 3rd progression. 

You're not watching, you're seeing what you've convinced yourself he is....which is cool, I'm not here to convince you that you're wrong on Fields but your takes are off, for sure.  And referencing 1 game over and again is ridiculous.  It's really no different then hanging onto the 1 good game Sam has had in his NFL career to say, see; he's good!!!
 

I now really want the Jets to take Fields so that if he busts, we can do a Villain routine on Jif

😁

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes apparently. 

I edited my last post with a link for you to read. 

You are the living embodiment of the Dunning-Krueger effect. 

You think your two second Wikipedia search is more informative then the last 30 years of my life.

I'm done here. Gfy. Like I said though, you're on ******* notice. Give me sh*t about my sexuality, and I'll report it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Facts said:

Jets have a chance to set up their future for a decade plus by picking Fields.

 

I've NEVER heard that b4...NEVER

fwiw, I believe in Fields more than I did n Sam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freestater said:

You are the living embodiment of the Dunning-Krueger effect. 

You think your two second Wikipedia search is more informative then the last 30 years of my life.

I'm done here. Gfy. Like I said though, you're on ******* notice. Give me sh*t about my sexuality, and I'll report it. 

Just stop. You know fully well that's not what happened. Stop being dramatic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, the Jets as a whole need to sign or draft 1 more quality receiver. But, did you notice how much better Mims' numbers were with Flacco at QB, rather than Sam? They are startling, even if it was just 2 games.

I think signing a legit 1 or 1A-type FA WR removes the position from the first 2 days of the draft.

Only one whose contract is coming up after this season is Crowder. Presumably they'll look to extend him since he's not at the level to get >1 yr guaranteed anyway. Only mentioning Crowder because, depending on how much he wants to stay here beyond 2021, it may be slot receiver that gets drafted this year rather than someone with a Mims body/skillset, and it seems less like to be in their first 3 picks unless someone is there who we thought would be off the board way earlier.

If they sign a FA (like Robinson, etc.) and Crowder is extended before the draft, it's doubtful there'll be a WR taken on the first 2 days unless JD thinks Mims badly needs to be pushed or outright demoted or if he's just concerned about his health reliability. This is a good thing not a bad thing, as it clears up those higher picks for much bigger needs (OL/RB/TE on offense, or serious needs at about half the starting positions on D). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is a silly topic. Neither these tweets nor the Wilson's family's Pats fandom will have anything to do with whether or not the Jets draft Zach Wilson.

LOL  Yep

I'm sure Utah, Ohio, or Georgia for that matter are loaded with Jets fans.  :) 

Being from Cali, I wonder who Darnold grew up rooting for as a  fan?   

I can see it as a major issue in the interview, right after the white board.  

Joe:  "You did great, but who did your uncle root for as a fan"? 

Jets have several players from Florida.  I wonder if their father's are Jets fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think signing a legit 1 or 1A-type FA WR removes the position from the first 2 days of the draft.

Only one whose contract is coming up after this season is Crowder. Presumably they'll look to extend him since he's not at the level to get >1 yr guaranteed anyway. Only mentioning Crowder because, depending on how much he wants to stay here beyond 2021, it may be slot receiver that gets drafted this year rather than someone with a Mims body/skillset, and it seems less like to be in their first 3 picks unless someone is there who we thought would be off the board way earlier.

If they sign a FA (like Robinson, etc.) and Crowder is extended before the draft, it's doubtful there'll be a WR taken on the first 2 days unless JD thinks Mims badly needs to be pushed or outright demoted or if he's just concerned about his health reliability. This is a good thing not a bad thing, as it clears up those higher picks for much bigger needs (OL/RB/TE on offense, or serious needs at about half the starting positions on D). 

that's probably correct, it would be better to invest in OL/RB and defense if they sign a good wr in fa.  it will be interesting to see how he addresses the rb position since gore is probably gone and they really only have 3rd down type guys, perine is a rotational back.  wonder if they'd target someone like harris.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Al Toon only ran a 4.65 40 yard dash. Mims ran a 4.38.

Someone here gave Mims the comp of Toon, and I see it. Big body, strong hands and the great vertical with the ability to have tacklers bounce off him. Give him a legitimate threat around him, and he will show a lot more. Also, having a real NFL training camp will also be a large boon. Kid came off the trainers table to the field with no real practice time.

I love Mims.  I was just pointing out that sometimes it is good to see that a guy can make contested catches, and sometimes it just means he can't get open.  Hopefully Mims is the former, Patrick Turner, Dwaye Jarrett and Jordan White seem like the latter.  You want a QB that can make tight window throws, but if they are making a ton of them in college, they are probably missing a bunch of open guys.

BTW: I've seen that 40 time quoted for Toon and I think it is a crock of sh*t.  He was a track guy.  He was primarily a triple jumper, but he also ran the 110 high hurdles.  He won the Big 10 event(s) and qualified for the Olympic Trials.  I don't believe the 4.65 quote for a second It comes from some article quoting HIckey who was talking about "running with a uniform on."  The guy was a track star.  It's a joke.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree, I'd bet on us going Fields right now though. Given how reactionary everyone is though it wouldn't shock me if he plummets if he underperforms in the Title game. 

Fields has proven his talent since high school. He's far from a one game wonder. He's really only had a bad couple of games and he was injured and without a ton of players for one of them. Even though he probably couldn't grip the ball well they still won. My favorite thing about him is his warrior mentality and will to win. Much like Watson - who wasn't projected to go as high as Fields is. The kid is a winner and takes care of the football.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, the Jets as a whole need to sign or draft 1 more quality receiver. But, did you notice how much better Mims' numbers were with Flacco at QB, rather than Sam? They are startling, even if it was just 2 games.

It's a small sample size but yes. Did Mims fall off towards the end of the year because Darnold royally sucks or was it the conservative game plan, low-risk short passing game/run the ball and try a squeak a win by 3 points ?

Straight ahead, year 2 Mims with another quarterback, the Mims mystery continues.


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this much of a story? He probably wants his kid not to be a Jet first and foremost which is completely reasonable given the last decade. He's probably also trying to create noise around the Pats moving up and taking him which also makes sense given their lousy situation at QB. I would imagine Kraft is pushing hard to get a halfway decent QB in the building.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Idk. As a dad I'd just be immensely proud that my kid was playing in the nfl at all. Never mind as a 1st round draft pick

And discouraging a team from drafting him at 2 could cost his kid money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

https://twitter.com/jordan_reid/status/1345186949343178763?s=21 

If you want to go tit for tat on big boy throws it’s going to fall in Lawrence’s favor

This is a big false. Unless you count Lawrence's throws behind the LOS as a big boy throws.

Lawrence's entire career comprises of easier first read throws close to the LOS. Clemson's offense simply doesn't call for many intermediate to deep routes. They rely on superior talent on the perimeter to make the plays. In contrast, OSU throws deep 7-10x a game. 

I posted this back in early Nov regarding Lawrence, but I feel it's necessary to drive home my point. Although this is 2019 data, 2020 has shown more of the same. Last week's game was a microcosm of it. Even when Clemson was down big due to OSU airing it out and converting on those big plays, Clemson still rarely dialed up chunk plays - because they simply don't call or run them with any type of consistency. 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:28 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

I like this. His throws are aesthetically beautiful. However, accuracy is a concern, especially when you dig further and realize that in 2019, he had more passing yards than almost all of the top 10 QB candidates, but less air yards than every single one of them. He's throwing shorter, allowing his stellar teammates to make plays to get him yards and TDs, but even then he's erratic. Also, his completion % was higher than his on target % which tells me that his teammates deserve more credit than other teammates would for passes completed. Don't have this same data for 2020 yet.

Meanwhile, in 2019, Fields had almost as many passing yards but had significantly more air yards/attempt, and a higher target %. So far this year, it looks to be more of the same from both. 

Agreed, but I also believe that coaching will play a big factor in both of their abilities to succeed at the next level. 

 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Definitely agree. That's why I look at the below in conjunction with air yards as a % of total. Lawrence's on-target % (admittedly, I haven't verified each throw they charted to see if I agree with what they categorize as 'on target') being low while his completion % is high tells me his teammates are catching more off target throws than the average receiver and are still turning them into YAC and catch+run TDs.  

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...