Zach Wilson’s fathers Twitter activity

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

not even close.  and though wilson is not as fast as fields he seems to make decisions faster and get the ball out faster and also has a faster deliver and a more compact throwing motion.  you'll hear all of this from more credible people over the next few months though.

Which one isnt close.  Jimmy G, Tua or Manziel?  lol  I gave you few.

I dont think Wilson does anything better than anyone in the conversation  What's appealing about him is his live arm.  It comes out fast with velocity and he's got solid accuracy.  The rest?  Meh, none of them have any real concerns or are head and shoulders above the other in the stuff you're talking about.  Wilson floats and drifts in the pocket.  Fields is a more calm but more deliberate.  Lawrence is a long strider.  I dont think any of it really effects their game too much but I would say the floating/drifting is a red flag at the next level and something that is hard to overcome, look at Baker Mayfield.

The difference is the stuff Wilson just inherently lacks which impacts the analysis.   Size and athleticism matter in the NFL and Lawrence and Fields ooze it which is why they've been talked about since High School and why we've seen them play much much much better competition. 

Wilson is the gamble of the 3.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Thank you very much. The reactions that I got from people in my life were the things that helped me through some really tough times earlier in life. The people in your life are blessed to have a kind person like yourself in their lives. 

I want to hug you so hard right now I'm afraid I'd squeeze your guts out.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree, I'd bet on us going Fields right now though. Given how reactionary everyone is though it wouldn't shock me if he plummets if he underperforms in the Title game. 

He just needs to play pretty good in the Title game and not show major flaws like Darnold showed his last game against NE. Up against each QBs competition one the Pros and one College, they have been playing long enough to see are you doing things at this stage where you are you should not be doing. If you throw a ball up for grabs at the end of the game, on 4th down at the end, with no time left, etc. I understand since you at least give your team a chance to win. But, doing those type of things when there is enough time in the game to be more careful and not put the team in a bad situation or hole is unacceptable at either Pro or College level. And as the Godfather once said, "that I do not forgive".  

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm thank you...

Could Darnold rework his 5th year option to make it more team friendly?

If so, that is what I would do if I were Darnold because NO ONE in their right mind is giving Darnold $25MM based on his current level of performance....

Yes and no. Yes, but it would be in the form of an extension the team gives him after his 4th season officially begins in early March. 

Technically possible, but practically impossible. There's just no incentive for him to sign a contract that locks him in for any longer than the next upcoming year if it's in the sub-$20MM range. Not until he's had a tryout with another team and then the rest of the league has collectively demoted him to a QB2 who'll float around for a while. 

At his age I'm sure he still sees himself as a starting QB with a lot of upside. He's not cutting his own balls off so long as there's even one more team that still sees what they saw when he was at USC. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes and no. Yes, but it would be in the form of an extension the team gives him after his 4th season officially begins in early March. 

Technically possible, but practically impossible. There's just no incentive for him to sign a contract that locks him in for any longer than the next upcoming year if it's in the sub-$20MM range. Not until he's had a tryout with another team and then the rest of the league has collectively demoted him to a QB2 who'll float around for a while. 

At his age I'm sure he still sees himself as a starting QB with a lot of upside. He's not cutting his own balls off so long as there's even one more team that still sees what they saw when he was at USC. 

to paraphrase dirty harry, a man's got to know his limitations.  i wonder if darnold has such a high opinion of his abilities that he would go for a top dollar deal?

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

to paraphrase dirty harry, a man's got to know his limitations.  i wonder if darnold has such a high opinion of his abilities that he would go for a top dollar deal?

He's not taking a long term lowball deal entering his 4th NFL season -- a season in which he's likely to be starting for the Jets (who, jokes aside, should field a better offense around the QB than in 2020) or for a team that just gave up a day 2 pick to get him. 

There are also expressions like buy low sell high. He'd be buying low by agreeing to an extension now. 

28 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thank you Magic 8 Ball!

Great Answer!!! :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Kid grew up a Pats fan?  Yeah, not our guy.  Draft Fields.

Sounds like Wilson might pull an Eli if he gets drafted by the Jets anyway.  Supposedly his family is well off and a pain to deal with.  Pass.

Rosen part 2. Every year there’s a touted QB who fails in league not due to talent but because of mental/intangibles. This guy has bust red flags at full mast.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:45 PM, Matt39 said:

I cant believe after watching Fields highlights of him not facing any sort of rush and throwing to guys wide open he’d go 2 overall. Watch the Northwestern game...holding the ball typically means he’s not seeing past his first read, which is fairly important at the NFL level. Wilson seems a bit douchey and has not played great comp, but he looks better overall. Not sold on either though...so typical Jets!

Flavor of the month Fields 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:49 AM, jgb said:

Rosen part 2. Every year there’s a touted QB who fails in league not due to talent but because of mental/intangibles. This guy has bust red flags at full mast.

Disagree. Wilson doesn’t have question marks regarding interest in football. By all accounts he’s a football first kinda kid. He’s probably a douche but so are a lot of QBs.  He seems more Baker Mayfield than Josh Rosen. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Disagree. Wilson doesn’t have question marks regarding interest in football. By all accounts he’s a football first kinda kid. He’s probably a douche but so are a lot of QBs.  He seems more Baker Mayfield than Josh Rosen. 

Didn't say they were exactly the same guy. Or else "comparisons" would be called "exacts."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This is key. Wilson may not be Mr. Blue Collar Niceguy but his love for Football is apparent. Rosen never had the heart for it at the end of the day. His love for the game was questioned even before he flamed out.

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, JiF said:

I cant believe how you continue to repeat the same thing over and over again about 1 game and ignore all all the other evidence that shows you're wrong about Fields but I guess it's fun to get a thought in your head and refuse to see anything else. 

The group think is amazing. The new one is that Wilson is perfect for the Shanahan system. Wilson plays almost exclusively out of the shotgun and the 49ers play under center more than almost any other team in the league. If there is a QB that is a fit for the system, its Trey Lance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The defenses he was playing weren't exactly the 1985 Bears

As opposed to the defenses Trevor Lawrence plays against? In games where talent is basically equal Wilson was the reason BYU was dominant. It’s a relative. Like clearly Trevor Lawrence is so good he turns the balance of talent against Notre Dame in favor of Clemson.