Jump to content

Pat Fitzgerald vs Marvin Lewis?


Fitzgerald vs Lewis  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. In the extremely unlikely event the Jets job came down to Pat Fitzgerald or Marvin Lewis, I would......

    • STRONGLY PREFER FITZGERALD
      19
    • Prefer Fitzgerald
      10
    • Look for another team to support
      2
    • Prefer Lewis
      4
    • STRONGLY PREFER LEWIS
      3


Recommended Posts

I have no reason to think either Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald or former Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is a candidate for the Jets job, but, just to kill time, which of the 2 would you prefer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jetophile said:

F. Scott Fitzgerald or Jerry Lewis? I'm like Hamlet, I can't decide! I'm not trolling your thread, I'm really tired, lol.

Jerry Lewis was excellent in the Great Gatsby

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitzgerald’s offensive philosophy is straight out of the Stone Age.

I’ll never understand the fascination with this guy.

If you’re going the college route, go get Harbaugh, Campbell or even Mullen.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Fitzgerald’s offensive philosophy is straight out of the Stone Age.

I’ll never understand the fascination with this guy.

If you’re going the college route, go get Harbaugh, Campbell or even Mullen.

OK, so Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not someone I really want, but Lewis is the 'CEO' type we are looking for.  He would be great in that position, brings experience and if he gets a nice OC and DC, we are looking a whole lot better.

I think I just talked myself into liking Lewis.  Hmm.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea who fitzgerald is, we can and have done a lot worse than Lewis.  For about 20 years actually.

The thing that stings a bit with him is the 0 fer in the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Not someone I really want, but Lewis is the 'CEO' type we are looking for.  He would be great in that position, brings experience and if he gets a nice OC and DC, we are looking a whole lot better.

I think I just talked myself into liking Lewis.  Hmm.

For me the key with Lewis would be his OC/DC hires. I can live with him as HC CEO type , I can't live with him bringing in Hue Jackson as OC.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot understand why people might even CONSIDER Lewis. He won’t even make my Top 8 of favorable candidates. 
 

He’s a LOSER. We do not need that at this moment. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I cannot understand why people might even CONSIDER Lewis. He won’t even make my Top 8 of favorable candidates. 
 

He’s a LOSER. We do not need that at this moment. 

He knows how to work with incompetent ownership and look at Bengals record after he left. He wouldn't be my first choice - but far from the last.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He knows how to work with incompetent ownership and look at Bengals record after he left. He wouldn't be my first choice - but far from the last.

He has zero playoff wins.  He’s had teams with talent on both sides and failed to deliver each and every time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I have no reason to think either Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald or former Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is a candidate for the Jets job, but, just to kill time, which of the 2 would you prefer?

I prefer Fitz because "same ol', same ol' coaching hires hasn't helped us before. Lets get some young/fresh ideas in the building. He probably will mesh with the younger players better than old school Lewis

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

He has zero playoff wins.  He’s had teams with talent on both sides and failed to deliver each and every time. 

The Jets haven't made the playoffs in a decade and are 24-55 in their last 5 years. The Jets need to worry about not being a complete embarrassment.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The Jets haven't made the playoffs in a decade and are 24-55 in their last 5 years. The Jets need to worry about not being a complete embarrassment.

He has a career record of 131-129-3 and a 0-7 post-season record. 
 

He had talent on offense and defense and failed to over achieve. Hiring Lewis would be a Jets type move. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...