Anyone have final PFF ratings for our OLine?

20 hours ago, k-met57 said:

the eye test says the OL is half way there. i would draft a center, move mcgovern to guard (where he was always better with denver), and probably roll with Fant at RT.

I'm with you on drafting a C and moving McGovern to G. Specifically, I'd like them to draft a C and RT with 2 of their first 5 picks with the idea that they would both be starters. And then hopefully, Clark will beat out Van Roten for the other G spot.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You're missing that Joe burrows knee exploded by week 9 

Upgrades the ol through free agency are often fools gold. No one good makes it to free agency 

Like Alan Faneca, Damien Woody

or more recently: Jack Conklin, Andrew Whitworth, Graham Glasgow, Ted Karras, Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Andrew Norwell, Roger Saffold, Brandon Brooks, Jon Wisnewski and Daryl Williams plus trades for Laremy Tunsil, Trent Williams and Kevin Zeitler. 

Franchise QBs don’t hit FA, take one at 2 overall and build the rest with all the other assets that exist.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

And???  I couldn't care less what PFF has to say, I watched film (of a 2-14 team) and Elflein

was effective when he was inserted next to Becton.  And that's the key, when he played

"next to Becton"

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, football guy said:

PFF has always had weird grades for OL imo. I think they underrated Becton/Fant/Elflein and overrated McGovern/GVR. 

Lewis had a 66.6 grade with a 55.6 pass block and a 71.5 run block. That one seems pretty on-par. 

RIght.  Lewis was the best of our guards and he didn't play after week 11.  Was it a non-football injury, or did he get benched for saying "**** YOU!" to Gase?  He's still under contract.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

Pay Thuney, draft a center, move McGovern to right guard and that's a big improvement right there.

Forgot about Thuney. He should have been a Jet last year. His wife started to follow the jets on twitter as the rumors of him coming here were swirling and then the pats franchised him.

19 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Like Alan Faneca, Damien Woody

or more recently: Jack Conklin, Andrew Whitworth, Graham Glasgow, Ted Karras, Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis, Trent Brown, Andrew Norwell, Roger Saffold, Brandon Brooks, Jon Wisnewski and Daryl Williams plus trades for Laremy Tunsil, Trent Williams and Kevin Zeitler. 

Franchise QBs don’t hit FA, take one at 2 overall and build the rest with all the other assets that exist.

Ah yes the Great Jon wisniewski

Only 4 of those names are tackles by the way and listing a handful of names since the dawn of free agency isn't really proving the point 

I'm not counting trades or going through the list of all the Trent dilfer/rich Gannon types that made it to fa. How about Vinny Testaverde? 

Matt Stafford is a franchise qb who will be on the market. Deshaun Watson is a franchise qb who wants to be dealt etc 

The bottom line is that the Jets need a franchise qb and also a new tackle. They need stars.

The real question is what does the draft offer at 2? And can they trade out? 

If mcshay thinks fields is worth 10 or 15 there's a disconnect taking this player at 2

19 hours ago, KRL said:

And???  I couldn't care less what PFF has to say, I watched film (of a 2-14 team) and Elflein

was effective when he was inserted next to Becton.  And that's the key, when he played

"next to Becton"

I think any Guard would be better playing next to Becton. Imagine how good the line would be if you took a Guard who is effective even when NOT playing next to Becton and placed him next to Becton.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think any Guard would be better playing next to Becton. Imagine how good the line would be if you took a Guard who is effective even when NOT playing next to Becton and placed him next to Becton.

Not true, Alex Lewis proved that point.  He didn't play anywhere near the level of Elflein at the LG spot

58 minutes ago, KRL said:

Not true, Alex Lewis proved that point.  He didn't play anywhere near the level of Elflein at the LG spot

Three Points:

I am baffled at your position of saying it is not true that a G will perform better if lined up next to a very good T rather than a bad T. I feel like you know that is a false assertion and you only said it because you are invested in your defense of Elflein.  

Imagine how bad Lewis would have been if not next to Becton.

Elflein was not really all that good on the Jets. There is a reason the Vikings, drafted a C to replace him, moved him to G and then waived him. .... and it is not because he was playing well. If he stays with the Jets it will likely be because he can be a backup at both G and C.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Ah yes the Great Jon wisniewski

Only 4 of those names are tackles by the way and listing a handful of names since the dawn of free agency isn't really proving the point 

I'm not counting trades or going through the list of all the Trent dilfer/rich Gannon types that made it to fa. How about Vinny Testaverde? 

Matt Stafford is a franchise qb who will be on the market. Deshaun Watson is a franchise qb who wants to be dealt etc 

The bottom line is that the Jets need a franchise qb and also a new tackle. They need stars.

The real question is what does the draft offer at 2? And can they trade out? 

If mcshay thinks fields is worth 10 or 15 there's a disconnect taking this player at 2

Specifically, I chose good OL that have moved in recent years. Wisniewski is a good OL that starts for Super Bowl winners.

So you pick and chose Todd McShay’s precombine mock draft as evidence that Fields isn’t worthy if the pick? But you ignore PFF, PFN, and Mel Kiper? Daniel Jeremiah said Rashawn Slater is a better prospect than Sewell. 

Matt Stafford is 32, often injured and MIGHT be a top 15 QB and that’s your evidence that QBs come available? The difference in QBs that make a difference and QBs that don’t is stark. The key is to try and get one of those that alters a franchise. So take the swing at 2 and give him every asset $90million and 4 other picks in the first 3 rounds can obtain.

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Specifically, I chose good OL that have moved in recent years. Wisniewski is a good OL that starts for Super Bowl winners.

So you pick and chose Todd McShay’s precombine mock draft as evidence that Fields isn’t worthy if the pick? But you ignore PFF, PFN, and Mel Kiper? Daniel Jeremiah said Rashawn Slater is a better prospect than Sewell. 

Matt Stafford is 32, often injured and MIGHT be a top 15 QB and that’s your evidence that QBs come available? The difference in QBs that make a difference and QBs that don’t is stark. The key is to try and get one of those that alters a franchise. So take the swing at 2 and give him every asset $90million and 4 other picks in the first 3 rounds can obtain.

His name is stefen wisniewski. His famous uncle is named Steve. There is no Jon. Stefen spends most of his year on the street by the way, missing pre-season and waiting for guys to get hurt. 

I am not ignoring pff in fact Sewell has the greatest ol grade in pff history 

Kiper just said that the Bengals need to trade up to 2 if they want Sewell 

Rashawn slater is a guard. Most of these prospects have arm length issues that won't be revealed until indy. Sewell will outperform a small pickup truck there. 

Matt Stafford will be producing next season at the same 4000 yard season as usual. It's not clear that any of these qb even Trevor will be that kind of player right away 

• Upvote 1