Kyle Pitt: Draft the Beast!

LAD_Brooklyn

I sense many posters reacting dismissive to the idea of trading down and acquiring a stud prospects along with acquiring premium draft picks to build up this bottom 5 of a roster. Recency bias has cause many poster who didn't validate Fields or Wilson from poor performances (Northwestern, Coastal Carolina) to now placed them on a pedestal (shout out to those who rocked with them from the beginning). 

But there's a stud out there named Kyle Pitts, whos talent is worth passing up a QB 2nd overall, while acquiring more picks and possibly drafting a QB later on with the 2nd pick 1st if they truely want to move on from Darnold at all cost.

Pitts is arguably a top 3 talent in the draft as well as the best receiving target. He'll definitely do wonders for who evers under center.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I sense many posters reacting dismissive to the idea of trading down and acquiring a stud prospects along with acquiring premium draft picks to build up this bottom 5 of a roster. Recency bias has cause many poster who didn't validate Fields or Wilson from poor performances (Northwestern, Coastal Carolina) to now placed them on a pedestal (shout out to those who rocked with them from the beginning). 

But there's a stud out there named Kyle Pitts, whos talent is worth passing up a QB 2nd overall, while acquiring more picks and possibly drafting a QB later on with the 2nd pick 1st if they truely want to move on from Darnold at all cost.

Pitts is arguably a top 3 talent in the draft as well as the best receiving target. He'll definitely do wonders for who evers under center.

He’s a stud, no doubt. I’d be more inclined to trade up from the Seattle pick to the mid teens or so to take him instead of trading down. No way I’m passing on Fields

• Upvote 2

If the jets trade down from 2 and land somewhere in the top 10/15 I think he is a very realistic target and someone the Jets would look to add.  

That 6 may be a bit high, but I could see them looking in that 6-12 range which seems to be the sweet spot for a trade down.  He's going to test really well and his film is excellent so he's definitely a player to watch and someone in play for this team in a trade down scenario. 

• Upvote 1

A trade back where the Jets pick up an extra early 2nd.  

1st pick via the trade back - Tight End - Pitts

2nd pick (23rd) - Offensive Lineman - one of Cosmi/Leatherwood/Vera-Ticker/Davis

3rd pick (34th) - Wide Receiver - one of Bateman/Marshall/Toney/Olave

4th pick via the trade back (early 2nd round) - Running Back - Najee Harris

• 1 month later...